Model Helicopters

hb96tuner

Sep 3, 2004
Okay guys and girls, i've tried looking around the internet so far and visited a few local shops around my town, and so far I have come up empty handed in my search. I am looking for a place that sells plastic do it yourself model kits of helicopters, so far I have found several models kits but all of then have been military aircraft, which are good but not what I am looking for. I'm searching for models of a longranger or jetranger, 412, hughes 300, and robbie 22 or 44. I do enjoy spending the time putting models together and I already have enough planes and cars so it's time to start on some helicopters. So if anyone knows of a place to get these, it would be greatly appreciated.

for the most part, the ones i've done in the past i had to buy a military model and then repaint it... of course, tons of huey models, apaches, and blackhawks...

206's seem to be a little harder to come by... there's the odd 500 out there... i have never seen a plastic model kit for an AStar or TwinStar....

if you talk to the owner of the local store, they can usually order in for you... most have the revell catalogs, etc...

it is sad that the majority of models are based on military examples. Tower Hobbies has a huge selection and you can find gazelles, 135's, 365's EH 101's, Cougars (super puma) and there is even a griffon 412, which with the right colour choice, you can erase the image of it being military. They also have a tiltrotor if you're interested in that.

And if you go to Great Hobbies Website, you'll find they have a good selection too from many manufacturers, from 222's to some 500's. There is lots to look at, but at least its a canadian store.

Back