More Cuts at MEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
700  you need to remember  what dl does is good for dl  and what everyone else does (even if its the same or similar thing) its just not good  bec that is the mentality of WT and his mind     

back in 94   my dad was forced to take either the streets or go to DCA bec DL had told him they at the time were going to close ORF and so with 4 of us kids  he chose DCA and commuted for the entire school yr...  it sure seemed like a bad decision at the time for DL to get Pan Am routes

Reactions: 3 people
WT = contradiction, hypocrite and spin master! Now that everyone is on to his tactics he is in a downward spiral on all the topics . I knew this day would come and could not be happier ! Hope he learns a lesson 1. You can't always be right 2. No one likes a bragger!

Reactions: 4 people
737823 said:

Just wait til the realignment of CLT is in full force.  

Josh
fraud-alert-.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
US has been doing the pull down for years also.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Great... AA has not been doing it to anywhere near the same degree... and thus, the focus is now on what AA is doing.

700  you need to remember  what dl does is good for dl  and what everyone else does (even if its the same or similar thing) its just not good  bec that is the mentality of WT and his mind     

back in 94   my dad was forced to take either the streets or go to DCA bec DL had told him they at the time were going to close ORF and so with 4 of us kids  he chose DCA and commuted for the entire school yr...  it sure seemed like a bad decision at the time for DL to get Pan Am routes

uh... DL is the largest US carrier (and usually during the summer largest carrier period) across the Atlantic, so, DL's decision to buy Pan Am gave DL the mass in Europe it needed.

More significantly, DL is profitable on a year around basis to both Europe and Asia, something, uh hmm, other carriers cannot say.

WT = contradiction, hypocrite and spin master! Now that everyone is on to his tactics he is in a downward spiral on all the topics . I knew this day would come and could not be happier ! Hope he learns a lesson 1. You can't always be right 2. No one likes a bragger!
It would make it a whole lot easier if some people would be willing to admit that other people are indeed right... I said all along that new AA would have to cut capacity despite its massive additions of capacity during BK. Sure enough, it is happening now

correct me if I am wrong but AA has cut a number of Asian routes to less than daily for the winter, they are suspending a number of European routes on a seasonal basis, and they are even beginning to slow their growth in Latin America.

Despite what a lot of people want to believe or deny, Parker is running AA to make money instead of to run its network like, uh, Pan Am, which flew where it wanted when it wanted regardless of whether it made money or not.

Things are a- changing at AA.

And for the better in terms of profitability.

Just wait til the realignment of CLT is in full force.  

Josh
perhaps some missed it but I will note once again that US' entire int'l network - not just CLT - is taking a bigger hit in cuts compared to AA's.

really, then explain it to the thousands of DL folks who have lost their jobs bec of DL decisions.   Why close stations or threaten to close stations  GET OVER IT WT  you know by the down sizing of MEM AGAIN more job losses      where the hell does it end   

Reactions: 2 people
robbedagain said:
really, then explain it to the thousands of DL folks who have lost their jobs bec of DL decisions.   Why close stations or threaten to close stations  GET OVER IT WT  you know by the down sizing of MEM AGAIN more job losses      where the hell does it end   

Tell me about it, why don't you ask the folks at PIT...

yoyodyne said:

Tell me about it, why don't you ask the folks at PIT...
Why dont you ask you coworkers from MCO, DFW, MEM, CVG, MSP, DTW, TPA and ANC?

Reactions: 2 people
AA has always done some degree of seasonal flying to Europe, Mexico/Caribbean, and the ski cities.

Perhaps you just weren't paying close enough attention.

Reactions: 1 person
I am fully aware of what seasonal flying AA has done. Everyone also has seasonal domestic flying. Florida and the Caribbean aren't big draws in September

They haven't made anywhere near the level of seasonal cuts that is coming with the W14-15 schedule change.

Other airlines recognized the necessity of doing it more deeply and have been doing it for a longer period of time.

Specific to MEM, DL has cut no personnel; they are ADDING more seats than they are cutting.

We can close the topic. There is nothing more to say about it.

you mean there are still US employees left at PIT? I thought they closed that hub and laid off all the employees years ago.

WorldTraveler said:
you mean there are still US employees left at PIT? I thought they closed that hub and laid off all the employees years ago.
PIT is a mainline fleet service city, US has an overhaul base and presumably they have CWA passenger service.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.