Nearly one in four airline jobs has disappeared in past decade

YES, Thanks to YOU CLT,PIT,PHL,LGA,BOS,BDL and a few other CLASS I Cites. All they cared about was themselves, the Company and the IAM knew that.

Hope get your FACTS straight.. The class I over welhemly voted the last TA down.. CLT was 720 against and 24 for it..

phl same thing. It was PHX and the former class II's that voted for the latest blood bath for a year and a half's worth of wage increase that

they no longer have unless they transferred to a another city. As far as the outsources done over 7 yrs ago YES you can blame

the IAM Former President for that RC . He divided the membership and that is why he no longer is around.

the culture changes from upper management is another reason for the decline . They have flat come out and said "this is not a career job anymore"

they want people for 9 - 10 bucks an hour for a year or two and then quit and move on. the only carreer's left in Airlines is in the UPPER UPPER Management ranks

which is really sad because they don't run the airline the front line employees do.

I don't think 'outsourcing' can be considered job loss just because it is 'cheaper' labor. The man power stays the same or in some cases increases. We hate it when our union brothers are sold-out for scabs, sort of speak, but the job count is still there. Then again, I've seen the same union provide 'cheaper' labor options. See Northwest vs. Air Wisconsin.

Downsizing is the real enemy in all jobs. And I have seen both union and non-union job loss over this in my area. If flights are cut so are jobs.

The worst of the worst has to be job elimination. After 9/11 the first to go in my area were the reservation centers. Over 300 in my dinky location. They became the millenium 'keypunch' operators! :eek:

Latest posts

Back