New AA Union Drive

Only in 2008. In all other years, labor costs have been AMR's biggest expense.

Ahh, yes, the year our contract expired and the company beginning their journey of dragging their feet for the next two years claiming they couldn't afford increases because of the fuel situation..

Does everyone see the pAAtern here?
AA has always procastinated and manipulated contract negotiations in relation to the economic flavor of the moth.
However, since they wish to prolong contract negotiations into well at least next year, this time it may backfire in their grand scheme. Next year may prove more profitable due the AA/BA/IB and JAL agreements.
And should the NMB release the unions due to AA's perpetual feet dragging, the economy may have very well turned around.

Ahh, yes, the year our contract expired and the company beginning their journey of dragging their feet for the next two years claiming they couldn't afford increases because of the fuel situation..

Does everyone see the pAAtern here?
AA has always procastinated and manipulated contract negotiations in relation to the economic flavor of the moth.
However, since they wish to prolong contract negotiations into well at least next year, this time it may backfire in their grand scheme. Next year may prove more profitable due the AA/BA/IB and JAL agreements.
And should the NMB release the unions due to AA's perpetual feet dragging, the economy may have very well turned around.

And the shortage of people with the required skills will be more acute as more able bodied middle aged resign and older workers retire.

Frankly you guys are lucky they haven't shipped the work offshore. AA gets very little recognition of that fact.

But I understand that it's in your DNA that you can't praise any decision AA management makes.

Frankly you guys are lucky they haven't shipped the work offshore. AA gets very little recognition of that fact.

But I understand that it's in your DNA that you can't praise any decision AA management makes.

The ONLY reason AA hasn't "shipped the work offshore" is because of the sweetheart deals the TWU has willingly granted AA in return for minimal layoffs(more ppl, more due$-you understand)
and...to some extent, AA has too large of a fleet to outsource most of it's OH. There simply isn't enough 3rd party MRO capacity to handle the heavys.
If American could've pulled it off...they would've a long time ago. But if the economics of it all becomes too burdensome(ala Brundage), they may very well have to seek other ways to get them done(or seek help)...

Maybe so, but the fact remains that AA is the only one that hasn't offshored, and TWU was part of that process.

I doubt AMP has the heft (financial or political) to sway much decision making at AA or the federal level. Bringing in a smaller, untested union is a like trading in your 20+ year Senator with plum committee assignments for a tea party rookie. Won't do much good for any of the constituents.

Bringing in a smaller, untested union is a like trading in your 20+ year Senator with plum committee assignments for a tea party rookie. Won't do much good for any of the constituents.

That remains to be seen, but so far, "logic" like that hasn't held up very well in the primaries. Most of those 20+ year Senators have lost touch with their constituency, but were still a better option than the opposition up until now, or have managed to snooker the voters into believing they're really looking out for their interests. And 'plum committee" positions be damned. Those have resulted in some of the worse pork barrel spending projects over time.

It will be interesting to see how well some of those neophyte candidates perform if elected, but they can't do much worse than the career politicians they're replacing.

And I'll say the same thing about the AMP. They'll probably make some mistakes, but it can't be any worse than what the TWU has done over time.

Maybe so, but the fact remains that AA is the only one that hasn't offshored, and TWU was part of that process.

I doubt AMP has the heft (financial or political) to sway much decision making at AA or the federal level. Bringing in a smaller, untested union is a like trading in your 20+ year Senator with plum committee assignments for a tea party rookie. Won't do much good for any of the constituents.

I will take any Tea Party rookie over Al Franken any day..

That remains to be seen, but so far, "logic" like that hasn't held up very well in the primaries. Most of those 20+ year Senators have lost touch with their constituency, but were still a better option than the opposition up until now, or have managed to snooker the voters into believing they're really looking out for their interests. And 'plum committee" positions be damned. Those have resulted in some of the worse pork barrel spending projects over time.

It will be interesting to see how well some of those neophyte candidates perform if elected, but they can't do much worse than the career politicians they're replacing.

And I'll say the same thing about the AMP. They'll probably make some mistakes, but it can't be any worse than what the TWU has done over time.
<_< ------- It's been quit a while since I've said this, but I agree with everything you've said. I totally agree! Complacency, and arrogance, have got to go, both in Washington, and AA!

AMP Drive Update:

The AMP Steering Committee would like to announce the kickoff of the Resign Campaign and thank all of you for helping collect cards thus far in removing the TWU from representing our Craft & Class at AA. The AMP Drive has reached the one year mark from when we started the drive. As you all know Authorization Cards are good for one year from when they are signed and the AMP Steering Committee has decided to continue this drive thru the first of next year. With this in mind we have ordered 10,000 more AMP Authorization Cards and ask that you please resign as soon as possible.

It has been an interesting and rewarding year in which we have met many new friends and due to everyone’s hard work cards are still being signed; but not at the pace we need to finish by the end of July. With that said a lot has been accomplished and with your help the AMP Steering Committee is presently made up of people from across the system. We have been holding weekly conference calls and sometimes several calls weekly to get where we are today.

From the beginning the AMP Steering Committee put the structure, foundation and roots of AMP in place which consist of legal consultation, AMP Constitution, AMP web site (WWW.AMPNATIONAL.ORG), e-mail/contact data base, AMP legal filing with the government and AMP Informational Meetings across the system. Several mailings targeting 3,300 previous card signers, who have not yet signed this time. The reality is if half of these previous card signers filled out an AMP Authorization Card today we would have enough cards to file for an election between the TWU and AMP with the NMB.

Some of you might be asking why continue this drive thru the first of the year. The answer is because only on a few occasions has a card drive been completed in one year. We are very close to the required number of cards to reach our goal of filing with the NMB. We need approximately 1200 cards to reach that point and the fact that we do not have a contract makes a compelling case to finish the drive.

If you have helped to this point that is great! The AMP Steering Committee is asking for your continued help in organizing the last remaining months until we get a vote. If you are standing on the sideline we ask that you step forward and help for the next six or seven months. We have all invested a lot of time and effort to get rid of the TWU so let’s not watch all our efforts past and present go to waste. Everyone needs to get involved! If we can get all those who have helped in the past together with those who have been pushing the current drive we are certain to finish the job.

The TWU is aware of our approaching one year deadline and Jim Little has recently stated “something big is going to happen in August”. Ironically AMP Authorization Cards start to expire at the end of July and the beginning of August. If last week’s aircraft order is any indication the next TWU sell out is right around the corner. Regardless of what happens we need to keep the pressure on and fire the TWU once and for all.

Please contact and AMP Organizer to assist in getting the cards out in your shops and docks and have them resigned. This will again heighten the awareness of AMP and continue to show the company and TWU that AMP is not leaving! Again the AMP Steering Committee would like to thank all of you who have helped in the past and we ask for your continued support.

Please spread the word and forward this to all the AA title I & II contacts.

AMP Constitution www.ampnational.org/2amp_constitution_updatedpd.pdf From here you may print, save to your files, and/or share with others, the entire AMP Constitution.

AMP website is www.AMPNATIONAL.org

AMP Facebook is www.facebook.com/AMP.AA.2010

Thanks for your SUPPORT

Sucks 1AA, but the good thing about it is, TULE is finally being de-pussified, and that will lead to the members being de-stupified, leading to the twu being decertified! Cards flowing in at AFW, not a hard sell.

Sucks 1AA, but the good thing about it is, TULE is finally being de-pussified, and that will lead to the members being de-stupified, leading to the twu being decertified! Cards flowing in at AFW, not a hard sell.

Everytime I talk to someone in Tulsa about AMP, they often tell me they have read these boards and are not interested in supporting a group pushing a new union that calls them pussies and stupid. That is kind of the representation we have now. Of course we have discussed this previously, so I assume you are the professional organizer with all the right moves. MY gut tells me that you are the stupid pussy.

Someday, you should write a book about how to win people over to your way of thinking by calling them stupid and pussies. It would be a best seller.

On the other hand, I wonder how many of those still needed 1200 cards are a direct result of your F'ing ignorance.
Make that 1201 cards needed, because I will not be re-signing anything that supports what amounts to nothing more than an adult with a child's brain inbedded.

Everytime I talk to someone in Tulsa about AMP, they often tell me they have read these boards and are not interested in supporting a group pushing a new union that calls them pussies and stupid. That is kind of the representation we have now. Of course we have discussed this previously, so I assume you are the professional organizer with all the right moves. MY gut tells me that you are the stupid pussy.

Someday, you should write a book about how to win people over to your way of thinking by calling them stupid and pussies. It would be a best seller.

On the other hand, I wonder how many of those still needed 1200 cards are a direct result of your F'ing ignorance.
Make that 1201 cards needed, because I will not be re-signing anything that supports what amounts to nothing more than an adult with a child's brain inbedded.
No worries Informer, its the TULE culture that will probably never change no matter how many times they get kicked in the balls. Your survey of Tulsa mechanics that read these boards is more than likely the two or three co-workers you #### and complain to on a daily basis about the disfuctional twu. Fact is, we had about the same participation out of your station for AMFA and I was not involved in that.

Back