New AA Union Drive

No worries Informer, its the TULE culture that will probably never change no matter how many times they get kicked in the balls. Your survey of Tulsa mechanics that read these boards is more than likely the two or three co-workers you #### and complain to on a daily basis about the disfuctional twu. Fact is, we had about the same participation out of your station for AMFA and I was not involved in that.

You, sir need to get a grip. Yes the twu sucks and needs to be replaced, but these people in Tulsa have been given the fear and intimidation Kool-aid from the so-called leadership that there is NO way whatsoever that they will EVER sign an amp or whatever else card. What names will you call me? :eek:

You, sir need to get a grip. Yes the twu sucks and needs to be replaced, but these people in Tulsa have been given the fear and intimidation Kool-aid from the so-called leadership that there is NO way whatsoever that they will EVER sign an amp or whatever else card. What names will you call me? :eek:

Hey, weekends off are weekends off!

Not really, the 7-day 1D experiment now has F/S or S/M off. However Hangar 5 is now going to a 4/10 shift working F/S/S/M..
Trujillo still running that thing Buck?

Yes the twu sucks and needs to be replaced, but these people in Tulsa have been given the fear and intimidation Kool-aid from the so-called leadership that there is NO way whatsoever that they will EVER sign an amp or whatever else card. What names will you call me? :eek:
Exactly,
And after we ratify this next TA and give up retirement medical under 50, they will come after the over 50 mechanic next contract. Hey, the way I look at is, if the mechanics in TULE haven't signed a card to even bring this to a vote, they enjoy lying on their back getting pounded by the company/twu. Strange though how AFW can sign 1100 out of the 1600 eligible title 1 and 2 and Tulsa can only get 1500 out of 6000. Maybe one day after Informer retires and the twu votes in a contract that eliminates his retiree medical and cuts his benefits, he will understand. Until then I'm sure he doesn't want to make waves, and has a spot picked out on river for his noodlin' cabin if and when he retires.

Exactly,
And after we ratify this next TA and give up retirement medical under 50, they will come after the over 50 mechanic next contract. Hey, the way I look at is, if the mechanics in TULE haven't signed a card to even bring this to a vote, they enjoy lying on their back getting pounded by the company/twu. Strange though how AFW can sign 1100 out of the 1600 eligible title 1 and 2 and Tulsa can only get 1500 out of 6000. Maybe one day after Informer retires and the twu votes in a contract that eliminates his retiree medical and cuts his benefits, he will understand. Until then I'm sure he doesn't want to make waves, and has a spot picked out on river for his noodlin' cabin if and when he retires.

after we ratify this next TA and give up retirement medical under 50

3. MAINTENANCE CONTROL TECHNICIAN (MCT) EMPLOYEE
PLAN PROVISIONS (Effective August 24, 2010) (New Page 27)

Add the following new section immediately after the last paragraph of the section titled
“TWU Plan Provisions for Members before April 1, 1978” (Page 26)

MAINTENANCE CONTROL TECHNICIAN (MCT) EMPLOYEE PLAN
PROVISIONS (Effective August 24, 2010)

THIS PLAN vs. $UPER $AVER PLUS

Effective August 24, 2010, new externally hired Maintenance Control Technician (MCT)
employees may not participate in this Plan. New employees entering a MCT job
classification will only be allowed to participate in $uper $aver Plus, the Company 401(k)
matching contribution plan once they become eligible.

Maybe one day after Informer retires and the twu votes in a contract that eliminates his retiree medical and cuts his benefits

I am curious about the squabble in this specific forum. I am quite familiar with what TWU Informer has done to better the profession. While Informer and I have differences of opinion, what is that you(Odie) have done? Please do not attack me. I just want to know what steps you have taken to change representation and worked to better the profession?

3. MAINTENANCE CONTROL TECHNICIAN (MCT) EMPLOYEE
PLAN PROVISIONS (Effective August 24, 2010) (New Page 27)

Add the following new section immediately after the last paragraph of the section titled
“TWU Plan Provisions for Members before April 1, 1978” (Page 26)

MAINTENANCE CONTROL TECHNICIAN (MCT) EMPLOYEE PLAN
PROVISIONS (Effective August 24, 2010)

THIS PLAN vs. $UPER $AVER PLUS

Effective August 24, 2010, new externally hired Maintenance Control Technician (MCT)
employees may not participate in this Plan. New employees entering a MCT job
classification will only be allowed to participate in $uper $aver Plus, the Company 401(k)
matching contribution plan once they become eligible.

I am curious about the squabble in this specific forum. I am quite familiar with what TWU Informer has done to better the profession. While Informer and I have differences of opinion, what is that you(Odie) have done? Please do not attack me. I just want to know what steps you have taken to change representation and worked to better the profession?

Sir Buck:

Regardless of the good or bad done by anyone in promoting the profession, the college boys will always see we the tradesmen as the knuckle draggers they can't live without and hate us for it, attempting to minimize our importance to the operation at every turn. Good luck with getting the CPAs and bean counters to see anything but balance sheets. As I've said before, GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures) recognizes no method to capture the value of a happy workforce therefore, the need of such does not exist - right?

I've been in my chosen trade for nearly 40 years and have learned the hard way the infestations of the Ivory Towers have no appreciation for anything but each other, what comes from a book and the piece of paper amounting to a third party's opinion as to whether or not one is willing to play the game.

As is say, if one wants respect and friendship, get a dog. We'll not get it from those who constantly twist the knife in our backs nor do we have to continue helping them to do so as many choose to do out of their fear.

Frank,
As a mechanic with over 23 years I finally woke up last July when the twu brought back the pos TA and enclosed the leaflet on why it's a good idea to vote yes, not to mention the ballot wording, "Vote NO and authorize a strike." Since then myself and several other mechanics here at AFW have collected 1100 cards out of the 1600 eligable in both title 1 and 2 workgroups. We have donated money and time away from our families, collected donations, sold shirts, and relayed negotiation information to mechanics on the floor because some of our lazy shop steward and eboard members don't want to leave their airconditioned office. Personally I consider myself a professional, and my professional co-workers that I work with would likely agree. I'm tired of being politiclly correct, the numbers don't lie on wanting to change the twu. If you have not signed a card for a VOTE (This is for the opportunity to VOTE), by now, and you have been reading this forum for the past year, your not going to sign. The system is waiting on TULE to swing the bat, not wait for a walk.

As is say, if one wants respect and friendship, get a dog. We'll not get it from those who constantly twist the knife in our backs nor do we have to continue helping them to do so as many choose to do out of their fear.
I have a dog, he licks his nuts and can write. He signed an AMP card last July.
Because he can..................

AMP Drive Update:

The AMP Steering Committee would like to announce the kickoff of the Resign Campaign and thank all of you for helping collect cards thus far in removing the TWU from representing our Craft & Class at AA. The AMP Drive has reached the one year mark from when we started the drive. As you all know Authorization Cards are good for one year from when they are signed and the AMP Steering Committee has decided to continue this drive thru the first of next year. With this in mind we have ordered 10,000 more AMP Authorization Cards and ask that you please resign as soon as possible.

Translation: In the course of a year AMP couldn't get enough cards signed for an election.

So we can have an even more ineffective union if we get more cards signed. Or keep the TWU that actually gets tentative agreements done.

Translation: In the course of a year AMP couldn't get enough cards signed for an election.

So we can have an even more ineffective union if we get more cards signed. Or keep the TWU that actually gets tentative agreements done.
The TA that was just signed with the sim techs, did they take the cuts we did?
Translation: It's time to keep what we have and change unions, NO MORE CONCESSIONS !!!!!!

The TA that was just signed with the sim techs, did they take the cuts we did?
Translation: It's time to keep what we have and change unions, NO MORE CONCESSIONS !!!!!!

When is the vote, the cards at ORD are getting close to year old?

Do new cards need to be signed?

Is TUL on board yet? It sounds like the company moved off of 7 day coverage.

Back