New LHR service.

Thats why It's Called "A Choice" Bone Head! You Have A Choice To FLy US Or Someone Else! Seems Every Flt I Have Worked In Envoy Has Been Full, And Not ONE Pax EVER Complained! <_<
There is no choice when it comes to US...no comp3ison either.

The reason you haven't heard complaints is because you are too busy doing word jumbles, reading People, and reorganizing your rollerboard.

US Airways to begin service to Heathrow

Charlotte Business Journal

US Airways Group Inc. will begin flying to Heathrow Airport in London early next year.

Service between Philadelphia and London is scheduled to start on March 29, with tickets available for purchase Dec. 1.

The airline, which has its largest hub at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport, will operate the flights on Airbus A330 aircraft.

"We were fortunate to identify a unique opportunity to acquire landing and takeoff rights at Heathrow, and given Heathrow's importance as a European gateway as well as its close proximity to London for business travelers, we are pleased to take advantage of that opportunity," says Scott Kirby, president.

The airline has been trying to secure a gate at Heathrow for months.

In related developments, US Airways will order five additional wide-body A330-200 aircraft from Airbus. The carrier has also agreed to lease two A330-200s. US Airways says the additional planes will allow the company to continue its international growth plans of adding three to four new markets per year between 2009 and 2011.

Arizona-based US Airways (NYSE:LCC) has 3,800 flights per day to more than 230 destinations in the United States, Canada, Europe, Caribbean and Latin America.

Thankfully I'm flying to Gatwick tonight...I mean I would not want to be caught in the middle of a massive irregular operations at Heathrow on an US/USE Only ticket...That's an easy way to spend 80 Quid or $270 Americanskies as a revenue customer.

Thankfully I'm flying to Gatwick tonight...I mean I would not want to be caught in the middle of a massive irregular operations at Heathrow on an US/USE Only ticket...That's an easy way to spend 80 Quid or $270 Americanskies as a revenue customer.

I hope you have a great and uneventful trip!

Or even the 767s. We did that years ago. I remember departing for Paris from C29. I'm certain there is plenty of qualified staff available to tow the aircraft from A-West or the hard stand to the B or C concourses. And we all know what a breeze ramp traffic is. Should work great.

And they had portable carts parked along the C corridor for money exchange and duty free, like the ones that sell pretzels and The Rosetta Stone programs.

Any word on the cost of access to LHR? What the price of the landing and take off slots cost or what the on going rental will be? We all know what AA and United paid to get in. It will be interesting to see what Dal and U and NWA ponied up for access

From this week's US Newsletter:

No decision has been made on whether US Airways’ existing PHL-Gatwick service would be reduced or moved to another U.S. gateway in light of potential
gate issues at the PHL international terminal.

From this week's US Newsletter:
I speculate that PHL-LGW will continue as a 757 if for no other reason than for the significant local bi-directional Cargo revenue from the route. US will quickly realize how very difficult it is to navigate the complex and mostly annoying freight and passenger infrastructure at LHR. Anyone who thinks PHL is overburdened and has a poor overall terminal infrastructure should know that it pales next to LHR in that respect. US's main advantage at LHR will be major connections to BMI's services and less so to other *A carriers, which are in the same dedicated *A terminal (1). Further, what other hub do they expect to move the flight to? CLT already has 333 service and there are no PHX-LGW range capable aircraft. Don't tell me they plan on placating PIT with a 757 LGW service after all those reductions - although it surely would be an interesting "carrot".

Further, what other hub do they expect to move the flight to? CLT already has 333 service and there are no PHX-LGW range capable aircraft. Don't tell me they plan on placating PIT with a 757 LGW service after all those reductions - although it surely would be an interesting "carrot".

Other than PIT, I think BOS would be an interesting possibility. Don't see either happening, though.

BOS would be an interesting move. There was a time, long long ago when there would have been the feed for a BWI to LGW flight but not anymore although it possibly could operate on it's own, not sure if someone like Maxjet or Eos or someon is doing some all biz service out of BWI to one of the LON airports or if that was just that they were thinking about it..

As far as adding TA flights to CLT. I'd think that seasonal flights to CDG or maybe SNN/DUB would sell pretty well most flights to Ireland require a conection in an airport way up north and some people might like to avoid that.

A 757 holds no where near the freight of a 767 or an A330, the 757 also cannot hold LD-3s, LD-8s nor pallets.

How about a early morning depatrure from PHL-LGW? Depart somewhere between 0730 and 0900. Use a 767 or 757. Smart move in my opinion.

Thats why It's Called "A Choice" Bone Head! You Have A Choice To FLy US Or Someone Else! Seems Every Flt I Have Worked In Envoy Has Been Full, And Not ONE Pax EVER Complained! <_<

Your response just once again shows how bad US employees attitudes have become - it is always those stupid pain the butt customers who fly on our planes - "if we didn't have to deal with them our lives would be so much easier".

No one complains about Envoy service because the people that are flying in Envoy these days have nothing to compare it too - when you upgrade Ma and Pa Kettle, who are taking their first trip ever to Europe of course they are going to think Enovy is great compared to US coach!

Latest posts