New Non-Rev Policy starts March 3rd.

Has anyone seen the glassware on East that was promised October 1st? :lol:

Keep 'em comin', Tempe! :up:
October 1st??????

The beginning of Octoberfest! Nothing like drink a beer out of a plastic cup, makes you think that you are at a picnic. Oh, then I can bring my grill on board and cook up some doggies and burgers, FOR EVERYONE!

October 1st??????

The beginning of Octoberfest! Nothing like drink a beer out of a plastic cup, makes you think that you are at a picnic. Oh, then I can bring my grill on board and cook up some doggies and burgers, FOR EVERYONE!
What? Oktoberfest starts September 22. Go cook your "doggies and burgers" in Buffalo, Joe, and bring back the dam glassware you stole. :shock:

If you change your itinerary, you simply list via phone is it is employee travel. Buddy Passes, must always use ETC for the initial booking in order to deduct the passes from the employee. Any changes can then be made by phone via the pass line.

Its very simple. The only time you need paper tickets is on other airlines or possibly some other special times.
So the gate agent does not and cannot change a routing or put you on a flight unless they roll you over to the next flight after the flight leaves.To change your routing at the last minute you have to make a PHONE CALL….. I HOPE NOT

but they must do another step Ctrl O F1, to actually "ticket" you as well.
It does not produce an auditors coupon so all computer sets should be able to do this. (Online non payment required tickets only).

However, the old days
Thanks tadjr I am very concerned about NRSA I see a lot of them commuting and vacationing. We get very creative in routing them sometimes.I hope Ctrl O F1 is not a long and draw out process

So the gate agent does not and cannot change a routing or put you on a flight unless they roll you over to the next flight after the flight leaves

Yes, of course the can do that. Im simply talking about changing when you're at home or your destination and you change your mind about when to travel. This applies to buddy passes, employees, parents, dependents, etc,.

E-ticketing on QIK or on the ETC is a very easy and automatic procedure. As long as everyone lists via the ETC on or after March 4 (cutover for Res migration), the system will automatically insert the proper boarding priority levels, and the seniority year of hire and it will e-ticket the PNR's. For those who listed prior to March 4 who have paid something for a ticket, a call to Reservations will adjust the priority, insert the year and e-ticket everything. Really no need to create panic about long lines and processing time - it's not rocket science and QIK and the ETC have been built to handle this.

Hello Everyone,

FLYUSAIRWAYS is right, all non-rev travel listed in Shares is e-ticketed. It’s an automatic entry in QIK and on the ETC, and actually a little more convenient than going through the ticketing process. We will be sending out a pretty detailed handbook on how to handle these issues. When we do, this would be a good opportunity to look at stuff we might have missed so we can refine the handbook and instructions before, rather than after, migration. We’re finalizing this handbook now and should have in a few days at the latest. In the meantime, some words to the wise – if you’re planning to fly sometime after that weekend, wait and do your bookings after the migration is complete. If you have to travel that weekend, go ahead and book on the ETC now. If you’re jumpseating, you’ll still have the IVR.

Morgan Durrant
Corporate Communications

So the gate agent does not and cannot change a routing or put you on a flight unless they roll you over to the next flight after the flight leaves.To change your routing at the last minute you have to make a PHONE CALL….. I HOPE NOT

Since the Shares system requires an actual "ticket number" in the computer, each time you change your destination, you must have the ticket changed or issued again. No more just switch my listing to PIT instead of PHL. Switch and get someone to change the ticket to PHL now.
Also, unless they get something changed before cutover, there is no moving 1 person from flight A to flight B from the standby list. You can move THE ENTIRE LIST from one flight to the next for the same destination, but not like Sabre can do currently. This is going to be a major headache for the gate agents, especially when all the flights are full and people are moving all over the place. Hopefully they will be able to figure out a way to move standby number XXX only to flight XXX to another city without having to go through the entire ticketing and recheckin process each time.
This is another thing that the West has little knowledge of. They either have PHX or LAS as their options and usually only 1 or 2 flights to each city. Not a lot of city hopping when you cant get on a flight, with a couple of cities being the exception. On the East, I might be listed for a CLT trip, but being full, I now decide to go to PHL or PIT/DCA/LGA/BOS, etc. There are a lot more options on the East coast as far as rerouting nonrevs than currently offered on West. Hopefully someone will realize that there are tons of nonrevs options on the East coast and its going to be an interesting experiment with Shares and nonreving until things are tweaked.

Sorry I don’t get what you suggest
For right now FCFS within the same year you were hired. I think you will se this change
I think you're right. Whether it's non-rev boarding priority or the shade of blue on an Airbus, Tempe has proven it has a low tolerance for crying. They'll probably fold up on this as well.

I know I'll get someone on here saying that he ETC is working fine for them as of 3:07pm ET but it's NOT for me nor the two others I'm with now. We ALL have our own laptops and I called home to see if the ETC would work there. IT'S NOT. So, I get screwed out of a seat? This is nice. I can't wait to see how people get $crewed.

Last week I listed on the Hub for HP from LAS to RNO. Checked in at KIOSK in LAS, got my security doc to get to the gate. Worked fine, was on the STBY list and cleared at the gate. Very smooth in LAS, but RNO is a mess. Small counter and they were working 3 flights at once, one agent each: HP to PHX, CO to IAH, and some charter to who knows where. Lots of irates after waiting in line for almost an hour. Except for the mess at the counter, the listing and security doc from the kiosk worked great. Kudos to the agents in RNO, the company is definantly getting their money worth out of them. They were working their arse off with most customers complaining about the long lines and wait time and no skycaps.

Sorry to ask again, but when is the exact cutover date? is it March 3rd, after midnite into March 04, or is it March 04 after midnite into March 05? I need to travel around there and want to make sure I am back in my fallout shelter before the "day".... :eek: