Next Big Thing in Oct- Merged Topics

phasersonstun2

Veteran
May 1, 2003
I can't say quite yet who or when but DP is working on a blockbuster of a deal nearly the size of the DAL deal. This one has a good chance of happening. It involves the break-up of a large airline and multiple mergers within the industry. LCC could benefit, and if the pieces are as large as I think they will be, there will be significant movement on putting together the list once and for all.

IMO.....the impending merger, buyout or breakup if allready in the works....This is only my opinion......Who will get the shaft in such a deal....Surely not Parker. He will come out of any deal carring a parachute made from gold.

I can't say quite yet who or when but DP is working on a blockbuster of a deal nearly the size of the DAL deal. This one has a good chance of happening. It involves the break-up of a large airline and multiple mergers within the industry. LCC could benefit, and if the pieces are as large as I think they will be, there will be significant movement on putting together the list once and for all.

B)

The only blockbuster deal DP should be working on is solving the mess that has been created at LCC or is it LLC? (littleleaguecarrier). Me thinks this "breakup" is LCC going to UA & CO.

GREAT~~~FABULOUS~~~CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!
Dougie gets to screw up even more people's lives........October is just around the corner !

I'm just amazed that our dear friend, the esteemed Mr. ralphcramden didn't break this story first. :lol:

Understand the USAirways sits on $3 Billion and with access to large lines of credit. This is unpopular to the rain clouds here but USAirways will be driving not sitting cherry on the next round of CEO gorging. BTW what kind of morons wish the demise on there own chosen place of employment.

Understand the USAirways sits on $3 Billion and with access to large lines of credit. This is unpopular to the rain clouds here but USAirways will be driving not sitting cherry on the next round of CEO gorging. BTW what kind of morons wish the demise on there own chosen place of employment.

CO has 3 billion or thereabouts, and probably better credit. AMR has 6 billion in the bank and probably better credit. . Hell, United has 5 billion, and even NW has 3 billion. What Delta has does not matter, since that dog did not hunt the last time.

Were I to swag at this, it's still not going to be a transaction that puts 320pilot into a 777 out of ORD. Think about NW for a second--Parker axes MEM (thereby satisfying the "reducing capacity" fetish), keeps DTW/MSP for that missing chunk in the middle of the country, and gets his hands on China and the Pacific. Some degree of fleet commonality.

UAL is not Dougweiser's style--they did not get hit hard enough on the cost side in bankruptcy. The folks running CO don't strike me as suicidal, AA is a nonstarter for any number of reasons, DL was asked and answered already.

I don't think Alaska or Frontier do much for the network, but it's not like it's a winner now.

If I had to guess (with public information, anyway), I'd say it's either a breakup of LCC or something LCC/NWA-ish. Private insights, of course, may be different.

Oh, and the mother of all pissing contests for seniority integration (including, but not limited to, an instant Nicolau implementation, ALPA stays on the property, and then everyone does it all over again in a few years).

If I had to guess (with public information, anyway), I'd say it's either a breakup of LCC or something LCC/NWA-ish. Private insights, of course, may be different.

Oh, and the mother of all pissing contests for seniority integration (including, but not limited to, an instant Nicolau implementation, ALPA stays on the property, and then everyone does it all over again in a few years).
Seems lie that's the way it's going to be!

It's binding regardless of what Cap Jak says!... Sure hope this one tastes better to "US" all! So IT can be swallowed! Sparrow!!!

GL

CO has 3 billion or thereabouts, and probably better credit. AMR has 6 billion in the bank and probably better credit. . Hell, United has 5 billion, and even NW has 3 billion. What Delta has does not matter, since that dog did not hunt the last time.

Were I to swag at this, it's still not going to be a transaction that puts 320pilot into a 777 out of ORD. Think about NW for a second--Parker axes MEM (thereby satisfying the "reducing capacity" fetish), keeps DTW/MSP for that missing chunk in the middle of the country, and gets his hands on China and the Pacific. Some degree of fleet commonality.

UAL is not Dougweiser's style--they did not get hit hard enough on the cost side in bankruptcy. The folks running CO don't strike me as suicidal, AA is a nonstarter for any number of reasons, DL was asked and answered already.

I don't think Alaska or Frontier do much for the network, but it's not like it's a winner now.

Clue...I enjoy your valuable insight.Mother of all..... :lol:

To me,it seems that ever since Us Air merged/bought Piedmont and PSA,no one has ever been able to effectively consummate the marriage into a profit making airline that had everyone living happily ever after.After all the CEO's at U and BK's and such...it still was a 500 pound canary....so now they tried to 'dilute' the problem by 'thinning it out' with AWA and it sure looks like it isn't going exactly ginger peachy as before...so now the next fix will be to once again 'dilute' the old USAir and its dogmatic problems into a larger further thinned out model.Ahh...the USAir curse will rear its ugly head once again until the name dies a timely death once and for all.