Next Big Thing in Oct- Merged Topics

Dougweiser is way over his head.

This place is an operational mess. Can you just imagine if the Delta merger had been consummated.

Scary isn't it.

Blending United into US..Air..ways.....OMG
It's not Tempe making this airline an operational mess. Have they made some mistakes? Absolutely and Parker has admitted as much. The biggest problems with this airline are the east pilot group and what previous management has allowed to happen in Philly. Once everyone starts looking forward and not backwards, things will get a hell of a lot better. Then again, it's hard to expect guys nearing retirement to look too far forward.

It's not Tempe making this airline an operational mess. Have they made some mistakes? Absolutely and Parker has admitted as much. The biggest problems with this airline are the east pilot group and what previous management has allowed to happen in Philly. Once everyone starts looking forward and not backwards, things will get a hell of a lot better. Then again, it's hard to expect guys nearing retirement to look too far forward.

Waaaaaaaaa!

:lol:

Dang it! Now the secret's out = It's all the fault of those evil east pilots. I never thought that when we held our secret meetings and decided to put SHARES into play, or make any of our other obvious attempts at wholesale sabotage, that word would finally reach the street. You have no idea how hard it was for us just to make sure that all the kiosks wouldn't work. Making sure that no one was properly trained in the new system wasn't easy either. PHL's a whole different issue. Finding a way to recruit some actual criminals and get them through AOA screening isn't easy you know, and it took countless hours to get the physical facilites there into the condition they're in. You've no appreciation for just how hard it's been for us, a mere group of employees, to accomplish all this and more.

"It's not Tempe making this airline an operational mess. Have they made some mistakes? Absolutely and Parker has admitted as much." Whew! "admitted as much"?? OK, then everything's just fine then....no need to actually fix anything.

Dang it! Now the secret's out = It's all the fault of those evil east pilots. I never thought that when we held our secret meetings and decided to put SHARES into play, or make any of our other obvious attempts at wholesale sabotage, that word would finally reach the street. You have no idea how hard it was for us just to make sure that all the kiosks wouldn't work. Making sure that no one was properly trained in the new system wasn't easy either. PHL's a whole different issue. Finding a way to recruit some actual criminals and get them through AOA screening isn't easy you know, and it took countless hours to get the physical facilites there into the condition they're in. You've no appreciation for just how hard it's been for us, a mere group of employees, to accomplish all this and more.

"It's not Tempe making this airline an operational mess. Have they made some mistakes? Absolutely and Parker has admitted as much." Whew! "admitted as much"?? OK, then everything's just fine then....no need to actually fix anything.

Good one!

Computer system migrations always have problems, I made a living minimizing and fixing those problems. The company was painfully slow in getting that fixed, but it is fixed. Too bad we can't say the same for the seniority list and combined contract. Spend less time bitching and more time pitching in and things will get better for everyone.

Computer system migrations always have problems, I made a living minimizing and fixing those problems. The company was painfully slow in getting that fixed, but it is fixed. Too bad we can't say the same for the seniority list and combined contract. Spend less time bitching and more time pitching in and things will get better for everyone.

"but it is fixed"??? :lol: Keep 'em coming...you're killin' me :lol:

Have another quart or two of Koolaide ;)

Among the many reasons USAirways was on the bottom of the list of airlines this summer in a variety of categories, utilizing a variety of metrics, the seniority issue was at or off the bottom.

I think Doogie is salivating at the thought of running one of the top tier carriers. At his age and corporate level, money is just the icing on the cake. He wants the ego trip of sitting on the top of the huge pyramid. If US/US actually happened and Doogie didn't end up with the top spot, I think he would be devastated. He might actually drown his sorrows in alcohol...oops, redundant.

I also think he is terrified at the thought that the inevitable industry consolidation might occur without USAirways as a participant. (We should all be nervous about that, but that's another thread.) Once the first domino falls, it will happen quickly. If USAirways is the odd man out, we're toast.

IMO, our biggest hedge against this happening is, oddly enough, Bruce Lakefield. He evidently put together the financials for the US/AW merger. He is likely operating feverishly behind the scenes to make the next deal. Whether it is UA or not remains to be seen.

Does Lakefield even care anymore? Wasn't he just working for Bronner, to protect his interests?

We'll pass, thank you very much.

Yeah, we all know how bad we are, and what a great operation you guys run. :lol:

From Holly Hegman:

On the other side of the chart, who was the major domestic airline that posted the largest absolute percentage of complaints? US Airways.

Interesting to note that this month Delta Air Lines almost snatched that less-then-honorable title right out from the nose of US Airways. Delta posted one of the worst months for complaints it has posted in a long time, posting just a hair fewer complaints than did US Airways.

Sitting on top of Delta, in terms of bad complaint numbers were Comair and Atlantic Southeast, so Delta scored a rather undesirable trifecta there this month.