Next Big Thing in Oct- Merged Topics

I can't say quite yet who or when but DP is working on a blockbuster of a deal nearly the size of the DAL deal. This one has a good chance of happening. It involves the break-up of a large airline and multiple mergers within the industry. LCC could benefit, and if the pieces are as large as I think they will be, there will be significant movement on putting together the list once and for all.

How's this blockbuster deal coming btw?

I guess the big news will come in November.

How about the real IBEW union files for a restraining order against union wannabes stealing their name?

Deleted by moderator....personal attacks (this is second reported incident) will get you time off.

YOU can run but can't hide.. I thought this thread was on merger news.. not union misrepresentation.. like the IAM has done

stay on topic or jump to another thread..

Tilton wants out so I would expect it to be a mixed management team and Parker will be at or near the top.

UGH....they can't handle this merger...UA will be a mess when it is over and done with--actually, when it is said and done, so will UA.

Is anyone hearing who would be in charge after a UA/LCC merger?

I think Doogie is salivating at the thought of running one of the top tier carriers. At his age and corporate level, money is just the icing on the cake. He wants the ego trip of sitting on the top of the huge pyramid. If US/US actually happened and Doogie didn't end up with the top spot, I think he would be devastated. He might actually drown his sorrows in alcohol...oops, redundant.

I also think he is terrified at the thought that the inevitable industry consolidation might occur without USAirways as a participant. (We should all be nervous about that, but that's another thread.) Once the first domino falls, it will happen quickly. If USAirways is the odd man out, we're toast.

IMO, our biggest hedge against this happening is, oddly enough, Bruce Lakefield. He evidently put together the financials for the US/AW merger. He is likely operating feverishly behind the scenes to make the next deal. Whether it is UA or not remains to be seen.

Dougweiser is way over his head.

This place is an operational mess. Can you just imagine if the Delta merger had been consummated.

Scary isn't it.

Blending United into US..Air..ways.....OMG