NMB Rules on Flight Attendant Interference

As far as total compensation goes, that will not be increasing, as the increase in base rate will be offset by other items.

Perfect case in point...when the former TW f/as went on AA's payroll in Jan. 2002, they got an immediate $10 or more per hour raise. However, because our work rules are so much more restrictive than theirs at TW, most of the f/as who fly high time took substantial reductions in total earnings for the year compared to the previous year. And, by substantial, I mean as much as $10,000 less in 2002 than in 2001.

NOPE, Not hiding, I'm right here southwindbag.

First though, it certainly looks like you were WRONG AGAIN, with your FEAR of the new Obama Labor Board, or whatever thier correct name is !

Word of caution,.....don't get too overconfident about the Ramp outcome !
You've been duly warned !

Please enlighten everyone and tell us how the NMB would find anything different ,concerning your precious IAM vs. what was found concerning the AFA. Unless you have access to a different NMB !

Things that make you go hmmmm.........IAM143 "Account has been suspended !"

http://www.iam143.org/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

Please enlighten everyone and tell us how the NMB would find anything different ,concerning your precious IAM vs. what was found concerning the AFA. Unless you have access to a different NMB !

It's the same NMB for everyone, but you already knew that. Given the extreme disregard for case law they've just displayed, a similar verdict wouldn't surprise me at all.

Things that make you go hmmmm.........IAM143 "Account has been suspended !"

http://www.iam143.org/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

More like things that make you go "where have you been, Southwind?"

DL143 hasn't existed for a long time. It was folded into DL142 sometime ago. I thought you prided yourself on keeping up on these things?

BTW, what were you doing on a pro labor website, anyway?

It's the same NMB for everyone, but you already knew that. Given the extreme disregard for case law they've just displayed, a similar verdict wouldn't surprise me at all.

More like things that make you go "where have you been, Southwind?"

DL143 hasn't existed for a long time. It was folded into DL142 sometime ago. I thought you prided yourself on keeping up on these things?

BTW, what were you doing on a pro labor website, anyway?

Yes, I was aware that there was only one NMB, but according to Tommyboy , I was duly warned that the IAM outcome would not be the same. Apparently he thinks there is more than one NMB !

Please tell us, as to what case law was extremely disregarded , regarding this verdict ?

I was checking your site, IAM143, hope you don't feel violated, to see what kind of propaganda they were spouting as to the ruling concerning the AFA .

And since the site no longer exist, maybe you can enlighten everyone as to the rhetoric by the IAM, concerning this latest defeat !

For your viewing pleasure : Sore Union Losers at Delta Airlines

"Unfortunately for the Delta workers who voted not to become unionized, the unions don’t appear to be respecting the will of the majority."

"There’s big money at stake for unions at Delta Air Lines, Inc—over $22 million in annual union dues."

"There are no provisions in the Railway Labor Act to decertify unions—so the unions’ ability to keep Delta’s employees as cash cows will likely be permanent."

http://www.redstate.com/laborunionreport/2010/11/26/sore-union-losers-at-delta-air-lines/

For your viewing pleasure : Sore Union Losers at Delta Airlines

"Unfortunately for the Delta workers who voted not to become unionized, the unions don’t appear to be respecting the will of the majority."

"There’s big money at stake for unions at Delta Air Lines, Inc—over $22 million in annual union dues."

"There are no provisions in the Railway Labor Act to decertify unions—so the unions’ ability to keep Delta’s employees as cash cows will likely be permanent."

http://www.redstate.com/laborunionreport/2010/11/26/sore-union-losers-at-delta-air-lines/

Well, the good thing about it is that the next TechOps organizing campaign should get DL to buy ANOTHER round of steak and lobster, served on the clock! LoL

And since the site no longer exist, maybe you can enlighten everyone as to the rhetoric by the IAM, concerning this latest defeat !

What defeat? The IAM elections have yet to be settled.

A mechanism exists for any group wishing to either decertify or change unions. How convenient (but not surprising) of Red State to omit that.

Well, the good thing about it is that the next TechOps organizing campaign should get DL to buy ANOTHER round of steak and lobster, served on the clock! LoL
they can probably afford it... looks like the LGA/DCA slot auction will yield DL about $100 million.

Kinda blows that whole "The-NMB-is-in-labor's-pocket" myth right out of the water, doesn't it

crocodiletears.gif

A mechanism exists for any group wishing to either decertify or change unions. How convenient (but not surprising) of Red State to omit that.
Actually the NMB has no mechanism for decertifying a union, only for electing or changing unions. There is the unofficial work-around of having a straw-man election, which is what I assume you're talking about. This is one of the issues where disagreement is holding up passage of a FAA funding bill, another being whether to increase beyond-perimeter flights to/from DCA.

Jim

Actually the NMB has no mechanism for decertifying a union, only for electing or changing unions. There is the unofficial work-around of having a straw-man election, which is what I assume you're talking about. This is one of the issues where disagreement is holding up passage of a FAA funding bill, another being whether to increase beyond-perimeter flights to/from DCA.

Jim

Actually, it's worse than that, Jim. A certain ATL-based carrier continues to push it's anti-worker agenda at the expense of everyone. The NMB voting changes were implemented at the behest of the American public. Comments were overwhelmingly in support of the change, but that doesn't matter to them. It's un-American, and as a taxpayer you should be outraged that a public agency has become so beholden to monied interests.

It's amazing to me that we had a fair (now according to the NMB) election THREE times now
And the same result. NO! And some just cant comprehend. Build that bridge and get over it.
Lets move forward and make this the best AIR LINE out there. If you you want to tear down something,
Lets do that to the competition, NOT eachother.

Back