Non-rev Travel

Amen (1st amendment)!

Clt my choice to travel from... 1. much more reliable than phl on time and 2. If you are left behind the hotels are way cheaper.

Can f/a's jumpseat? Are pilots restricted to the jumpseat?
What is the log in number for awacompass.

F/A's CAN fly the jumpseat. Internationally, I'm not sure of all the rules. You may still have to pay the taxes...not sure...and you still have to go through customs. For US West, not sure if we all have solid JS agreements yet. BTW, if you DO ride JS on the A330, there are 14 JS. We use 9..so there is a pretty certain chance of not being bumped. Plus, it was my experience that if you did JS and the flight was full, the f/as let you relax in their crew rest seats until their breaks started . The crew rest seats rule as they are at the exit row and have a curtain to block you off.

Anway, happy flying.

I have had excellent luck CLT St. Thomas, and reverse. Always tried to avoid PHL Europe on weekends (Fri or Sun) Most of the carribean was OK from PHL, but have CLT as a backup.

Amen (1st amendment)!

Clt my choice to travel from... 1. much more reliable than phl on time and 2. If you are left behind the hotels are way cheaper.

Can f/a's jumpseat? Are pilots restricted to the jumpseat?
What is the log in number for awacompass.

Great info!! Getting bumped and needed a room is always a consideration in terms of cost. Thank you for that. I typically us Priceline.com for domestic rooms, and have had very very good luck.

Great info!! Getting bumped and needed a room is always a consideration in terms of cost. Thank you for that. I typically us Priceline.com for domestic rooms, and have had very very good luck.

Two hotels...the Sterling and the Morgan give great discounts. The Morgan is about $38. If you are of a certain persuasion, there is an Eagle Bar next door for your drinking needs.

Fun in NYC....not alot of fun in LGA or the taxi into NYC and its expensive. Fly into phl and take the train into NYC. Many commuters(non-airline) work in NYC, live in PHL and ride the train daily. You can use our downtown crew hotel (holiday inn?) to say hotel$$$$ and come and go NYC daily. The trains run late as I know crew members use them to see broadway shows(show id 4 $$$discount). Also downtown PHL is alot of fun....awesome philly sandwiches. BTW...check out "canal street" NYC its "knock off" heaven. With xmas on the way the gifts are cheap. Enjoy!

BTW any Arizona cheap travel ideas for a girls weekend spa retreat?

Fun in NYC....not alot of fun in LGA or the taxi into NYC and its expensive. Fly into phl and take the train into NYC. Many commuters(non-airline) work in NYC, live in PHL and ride the train daily. You can use our downtown crew hotel (holiday inn?) to say hotel$$$$ and come and go NYC daily. The trains run late as I know crew members use them to see broadway shows(show id 4 $$$discount). Also downtown PHL is alot of fun....awesome philly sandwiches. BTW...check out "canal street" NYC its "knock off" heaven. With xmas on the way the gifts are cheap. Enjoy!

I can ask around for girls weekend in Arizona. I've always done the spa at Camelback Inn, it's in paradise valley and it's beautiful and relaxing, but it's expensive. Most people head up to Sedona which is about 2 hours north of Phoenix...it truly is beautiful. i'ts earty, red rock and for some a spiritual place. There are lots of nice resorts there, but not sure of discounted ones at all. Most tourists to Arizona will come in Late Fall or early spring (late feb or march). Don't forget for you baseball fans we have spring training out here in march, most games are at 105pm and it's generally great suntan weather too!!!

A cab is roughly $20-$25 plus tip and toll...about $30-$35 total from LGA. Also, if you meet someone in the airport going into Manhattan, sharing cabs IS allowed. I should know. I lived there for 12 years. It's still worth it. The trains from PHL are Amtrak...talk of expensive..and New Jersey Transit...save three hours for the roughly $15 you'll save from the NYC cab differential.

I'll pay abit more for the cab any day.

Hey cactus...thanks. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
1st amend, I agree but, since I'm on a budget I need to look at the whole picture and the cost of hotels in NYC are expensive right? Any ideas from you would be great. I thought our id discount on amtrack was substancial??

FCO? Don't even think about it.
I completely disagree. My family and I non-reved PHL-FCO last november and there were about 80 seats open both going AND coming! It's all about checking the loads before you go and flexibility. Like most of you, when I non-rev, I am the cheapest bas*%$d out there, so I make sure that the return flight is very open, not caring too much about the outbound.

Also, I work for a charter airline now that I'm US furloughed. I spend about 15-20 nights each month in Europe, but mostly in Germany. So if you have ANY questions about Germany, feel free to PM me and ask away!

Have fun out there, guys, and please remember to take care of each other!

Latest posts