Nov/Dec 2013 Pilot Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
traderjake said:
That was funny, are they Dems or Repubs?
Good point...they certainly aren't independents.

Throw all of em out and start over.

I'd vote for the APA.

luvthe9 said:
Why we need a new President:

1- NIC:

The single most important event in the merger of American and the NON-merger with AWA is the NIC. Nothing in your professional life as a airline pilot will have more effect on your life style and the net worth of your family than the NIC. We all jumped through so many hoops to get here and Gary does not seem to understand this.

Where is the outrage and strongly worded letter from Gary to Parker about allowing the West to have a seat at seniority talks with APA, The West pilots are represented by USAPA. Where is the injunction against American and APA to insure the West pilots are not allowed to be at the table for future talks on seniority.

Where is the letter from Gary to Parker to advise him that at the next seniority talks we will invite the TWA pilots . They have legal action against American just like the West pilots, there is no difference. That way there will be 4 pilot groups at the table. APA will go through the roof if we demand the TWA guys come to all future talks on seniority .In fact there are more TWA pilots than AWA pilots.

2- $125,000 vs $8,700

We were the stronger of the two airlines with cash in the bank , making a profit and not in BANKRUPTCY. Does it make any sense to anyone that the American pilots receive $125,000 at the POR and we get $8,700 ? Why didn't Gary fight to make sure all pilots of American were treated equally and given the same amount at POR ?

3- VACATION

The MOU says we are given XXX days of vacation in 2014. After we sign the MOU we find out we now have to earn those days during 2014 and we finally get them in 2015. Where is the letter from Gary about this ?

4- NO MEDICAL NOT A PILOT:

Yes, he is allowed to serve until early 2014 without a medical. But due to his health (and we all hope he gets better soon) the correct course of action would be to step aside. This is what a gentleman does. Especially when you are not well enough to attend a hearing in Federal court.

5- NO RESPONSE FROM GARY:

Gary must not care about his job or his fellow pilots because he is silent on the recall. If JOE VOTE NO is so sincere about keeping Gary why won't he sign his name ? Why do we keep getting emails with an address in PIT at the bottom of the email ?
Anyone who will not sign a letter is someone I do not trust.

6- 11 REPS:

Few, if any of us know all 14 members of the BPR. But we all appreciate their time and efforts to help their fellow pilots.

If 11 of our fellow pilots on the BPR think Gary should go and they deal with him on a daily basis, then that alone is good enough for me.

Could go on with more points, but must leave to fly a trip.
1-NIC: Gary has always supported a seniority integration based on DOH per the USAPA CBLs. The Merger Committee participated in the meeting that counted on the 19th. They passed on the company's breach of neutrality on the 20th. How much sabre rattling do you do before you lose credibility? Actions speak louder than words. 

2-$125,000 vs. $8700: The AA pilots, as unsecured creditors were due an equity share of the company, just like we were coming out of our own bankruptcy. We were NOT due an equity share and the $8700 is NOT an equity share. The company had to put up $120 million to make the AA pilot retirement whole so it could be frozen. Our NAC negotiated for an equal amount and were able to get $40 million in the form of a signing bonus. Good for us. On a pilot for pilot basis, we got a nearly equal amount.

3-Vacation: This is what we were able to negotiate. We agreed to it and voted for the MOU that contained it. How, by any stretch of the imagination, is Gary supposed to take ownership of this and renegotiate a better deal after the fact? You accused Gary of negotiating on his own and now somehow, on this issue, you want him to? WTF???

4-Save the "Best Wishes". You know you don't mean it. Just another way for a group of angry people to take control of the union.

5-Unlike the BPR members that are intending to take over the union, it appears Gary is taking the high road and letting the facts (and lack of any credible grievances) speak for themselves. 

6-How many of those reps were replaced as committee members for various reasons by Gary? This isn't hard to figure out.

Your points betray your lack of understanding or your lack of integrity...take your pick.

Vote NO, NO and NO if you want to restore some sanity to this process before we all pay the price for this obvious power grab.

767one said:
To all,

I have done an assessment of the last year for myself. I have divided my year into two columns one for positives and one for negatives. I find that I have more in the positive column than in the negative and for this I am grateful. For those of you who also have more positives I hope the new year brings more of the same. For those of you with more negatives may the new year bring a change to the positive.

And for all a Happy New Year!

Bob

Bob,

So glad to hear all is well with you and yours!  2014 is going to be great.  Thanks for keeping in touch, your take on things is always appreciated and refreshing.

My Dad introduced me to the "two column" list concept many years ago and it works well for me to this day.

For me, 2014 is looking good!  Lots of movement upward, new airplane, new pay scale, 16% DC and at least a 5 year fence highly likely, making all this East-West drama OBE for me, which will take me into retirement. 

Happy New Year!

seajay

Claxon said:
Now you are Israeli warriors? This is honestly the most delusional analogy yet.
 If not the absolutely most delusional, well...it certainly has to be ranked among the topmost few. "spartans" one can almost just laugh at, due to the apparently wholesale, westie ignorance of actual history, and the 2,000+ year passage of time, but now even Israelis?...Words just fail me.

Zone5 said:

Bob,

So glad to hear all is well with you and yours!  2014 is going to be great.  Thanks for keeping in touch, your take on things is always appreciated and refreshing.

My Dad introduced me to the "two column" list concept many years ago and it works well for me to this day.

For me, 2014 is looking good!  Lots of movement upward, new airplane, new pay scale, 16% DC and at least a 5 year fence highly likely, making all this East-West drama OBE for me, which will take me into retirement. 

Happy New Year!

seajay

Indeed, and a most Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year to you and yours Brother! :) My Father went over 3 decades USN, so I can naturally "excuse" any "religious differences" via your F14. ;)

A320 Driver said:
1-NIC: Gary has always supported a seniority integration based on DOH per the USAPA CBLs. The Merger Committee participated in the meeting that counted on the 19th. They passed on the company's breach of neutrality on the 20th. How much sabre rattling do you do before you lose credibility? Actions speak louder than words. 

2-$125,000 vs. $8700: The AA pilots, as unsecured creditors were due an equity share of the company, just like we were coming out of our own bankruptcy. We were NOT due an equity share and the $8700 is NOT an equity share. The company had to put up $120 million to make the AA pilot retirement whole so it could be frozen. Our NAC negotiated for an equal amount and were able to get $40 million in the form of a signing bonus. Good for us. On a pilot for pilot basis, we got a nearly equal amount.

3-Vacation: This is what we were able to negotiate. We agreed to it and voted for the MOU that contained it. How, by any stretch of the imagination, is Gary supposed to take ownership of this and renegotiate a better deal after the fact? You accused Gary of negotiating on his own and now somehow, on this issue, you want him to? WTF???

4-Save the "Best Wishes". You know you don't mean it. Just another way for a group of angry people to take control of the union.

5-Unlike the BPR members that are intending to take over the union, it appears Gary is taking the high road and letting the facts (and lack of any credible grievances) speak for themselves. 

6-How many of those reps were replaced as committee members for various reasons by Gary? This isn't hard to figure out.

Your points betray your lack of understanding or your lack of integrity...take your pick.

Vote NO, NO and NO if you want to restore some sanity to this process before we all pay the price for this obvious power grab.
Kudos to you for having the patience to respond to that post, point by point. I can't believe people still bring up the equity payment made to the AA pilots, like we should have gotten some of that. Like you said, it's either total cluelessness or they want something that isn't theirs.

Bean

EastUS1 said:
If not the absolutely most delusional, well...it certainly has to be ranked among the topmost few. "spartans" one can almost just laugh at, due to the apparently wholesale, westie ignorance of actual history, and the 2,000+ year passage of time, but now even Israelis?...Words just fail me.
It's self-evident words fail you.

History shows you don't negotiate under the threat of terrorism or with hostage takers.

snapthis said:
History shows you don't negotiate under the threat of terrorism or with hostage takers.

Umm...would "you'se" care to note for us any scenario wherein "spartan" lawyers, or any such pathetic ilk, ever successfully negated "terrorism", or, unlike Israel's brilliant and heroic raid into Entebbe, freed any hostages? Sigh!...Kindly consider the perhaps-ever-increasingly/obviously-futile suggestion for "you'se" to actually GROW UP!

"It's self-evident words fail you." It's more evident that words are all "you'se" have to offer up in life. One can only imagine the eventual memorial stone: "Here lies a mighty, self-styled "spartan" and (hopefully), much-loved, village idiot, who brought laughter to many." ;)

As nycbusdriver, rather kindly in my estimation suggested...just go play with "you'se" imaginary little friends and pretend yourself a "hero". The rest of us will necessarily be left to our proper laughter. :)

Oh yeah, happy new years to all the east and west pilots on here that aren't jerks. Here's to 2014 being a good/better year for all of us.

Bean

Beancounter said:
Oh yeah, happy new years to all the east and west pilots on here that aren't jerks. Here's to 2014 being a good/better year for all of us.

Bean

To you and yours as well Bean!  All this relatively petty (at least in the great scheme of things) nonsense will pass, and life will go on. Let's all hope for a better year to come to all here...hopefully, even for "jerks" or not, since I've certainly so qualified at times.. :)

EastUS1 said:
As nycbusdriver, rather kindly in my estimation suggested...just go play with "you'se" imaginary little friends and pretend yourself a "hero". The rest of us will necessarily be left to our proper laughter. :)

Minus votes aplenty in an instant. Fair enough, but only one question for "you'se" mighty "spartans": How am I not, even possibly, properly going to laugh, or even be at all able to do otherwise? :) Change up "you'se"...umm..."heroic" material, if not wishing to be correctly seen as the complete jokes "you'se" are. ;)

EastUS1 said:
To you and yours as well Bean!  All this relatively petty (at least in the great scheme of things) nonsense will pass, and life will go on. Let's all hope for a better year to come to all here...hopefully, even for "jerks" or not, since I've certainly so qualified at times.. :)
You're right, I should probably expand on the well wishes. Especially since there were probably times in the past where I too was less than cordial. :)

Bean

Beancounter said:
You're right, I should probably expand on the well wishes. Especially since there were probably times in the past where I too was less than cordial.

Bean

No worries Bean. It's a sorry portion of "The Human Condition" that we, all too often, don't "play well" with each other, and I'm hardly one to complain about or pretend otherwise, given a bit of a vicious streak myself. We can all of us, only do our best to get along.

Let's All hope for 2014 to be a better year for All concerned regardless. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back