NW selects AAR for B757 heavy maintenance/mod contract

Just curious, am I the only person that reads kto/pto posts and think WTF? :p

Just curious, am I the only person that reads kto/pto posts and think WTF? :p
I think what and POS scab moron.

Its real cheap entertainment with the record number of PlaytheCods questions of idiocy. :blink: :blink:

That's either because there are fewer A&P's to choose from, or because they're only staffing the bare minimum required.

I'm inclined to believe it's the latter, since these guys operate to make a profit and don't have a union forcing them to adhere to contractually imposed staffing levels/ratios which may or may not be necessary.
They are indeed staffing the bare minimum required and sometimes not even that. I don't think that it is or should be a union issue the FAA sets the standards. It just seems that over the years the mandated standards get lower. At one time you had to have you’re A&P to be a supervisor or lead. You still have to have you’re A&P to be a lead but it is no longer required to be supervisor. I wonder how much of this is FAA or company policy? Regardless it is just a matter of time before A&Ps disappear from commercial aviation. When that happens the market will be flooded with AMT’s.

"If you can tell the difference between a screw driver and a pipe wrench they give you the title AMT and put you to work maintaining America's aircraft fleet.'
A sad commentary to what my former profession has become. I am glad to be out of it. I am now making more working on critical power and hvac than I can make as a 20 year airline A&P/Avionics/FCC Technician.
I good buddy of mine was teaching at the local A & P school. Did about 3 weeks there before the railroad called me. Better money. Anyway - although he liked it, it was a real interesting stint. He said only about 2 guys in the class were probably going to amount to anything in this profession. How long should it take to learn safety wiring? 3 weeks later they still wired backwards. Another fine crop in the field, ready for the scabair recruiter to offer them the major league :down: .

I good buddy of mine was teaching at the local A & P school. Did about 3 weeks there before the railroad called me. Better money. Anyway - although he liked it, it was a real interesting stint. He said only about 2 guys in the class were probably going to amount to anything in this profession. How long should it take to learn safety wiring? 3 weeks later they still wired backwards. Another fine crop in the field, ready for the scabair recruiter to offer them the major league :down: .
Big Daddy (says) he went to a specific 2yr school which emphasised Avionics. This is after the fact he did the stint in the military for A/C mech.
PTO I long ago put him on my IGNORE list.
He's on my "annoying" list.

How about your favorite scab moment Jenny?

Let me start: "Where is the CIDS panel?"

The winner is either:

"WHOOOAH! This is bigger than a DC-9!" (When two of them boarded while I was on an Airbus)

or.....

F/O asking about the plane to an obvious MX with his tool bag and radio. F/O was showing the scab their Maintenance Book....

"Do you know about... ?"

Scab: "no"

"What about this....?"

Scab: "no...."

"How about this?"

Scab: "No...."

Pissed the F/O asks "NOW what do you KNOW!?"

Scab: " I'm not qualified for this Aircraft"

CIDS panel would be funny. I didn't come across that one.

PTO I long ago put him on my IGNORE list.
i dont give a rats about that i havent really done much to you just stating what a pro union guy like me thinks of lowly people who have to scab to get scraps for meal and pay etc

CHAOS will not work for aviation maintenance. At nwa, if someone doesn't show up for work they just hold a guy over. If a whole shift doesn't show up then they would hold a whole shift over. Different for F/A. If they don't show up, the other crew is out of the building.

How about a crew just walking off mid-shift? Perhaps right after getting that "last-minute" call from the outbound Narita trip?

It would take some creative applications but I still think it could work.

Back