NWA ground workers union sues Delta

Honestly I do not think that is the case at all..you see other people view this situation completely differently(like me...) personally feel representation and seniority are separate, but you see that is just my opinion, just like it is someone elses opinion it is not the case and one issues goes before another and resolved first.

what I have learned over many years, these leaders do what they feel is the right thing for the best interest of not only the group but....the profession as well(and at times issues supported by law). when some are not use to dealing with contracts and law, its easy to see and completely understand how something may appear that it is not(dealing with contracts, legal terms, law and through the courts) is simply how the majority of business works in this country.

Dapoes, this does not imply you do not understand law, because personally I believe you are a very intelligent individual with an obvious opinion on matters! even though some of your comments have mademe... :blink: ... and then.... :huh: and maybe a... :rolleyes: and most of the times... :lol: ...I can clearly see you are at least passionate regarding your ideas(that is admirable in a way, your special little way...)

this is just one step in the process(look at it from a different perspective is really all I am attempting to say!) and! that does not mean you agree with it.

being open minded.. it is a good thing! :)

Thanks Dig, you always are the voice of reason.

I think what the girl may be referring to is maybe a change up with the NMB and their practices. That was mentioned on another forum as well.

Thanks Dig, you always are the voice of reason.

I think what the girl may be referring to is maybe a change up with the NMB and their practices. That was mentioned on another forum as well.

taking all these issues away for a moment, what we all to need to focus on is how to protect our profession(all airline employees, Ground Workers ext.) and in this case..Flight Attendant...long term. when all is said and done, I think that is what it is really all about!

your opinion matters, and it is ok that you do not agree, as a matter of fact, some in my own group I may not see eye to eye on certain issues and visa/versa but that does not mean we cannot work well together as a team(and I think you know that, so I am not trying to tell you something you probably already know!)

there needs to be balance regarding opinions, and even though some views we may not agree, they are necessary, to step back and basically say "wait a minute here" and question issues, in a strange way..it keeps things in check by not always going with the flow... in order to stop for a moment and think.

Again your being selective on what you choose to believe.

Are you trying to say that I'm selective on what I choose to believe?

Seriously, what'd I say about argument by assertion? In case you forgot, it doesn't work with me...

I have some questions maybe someone can answer. I heard that one of the NMB members is only "temporary," (my term). My questions are:

1. Is that, in fact, the case?

2. If so, which one is it? Chairman Van de water? A cursory swoop through the NMB site didn't really answer much.

3. Along with that, has Obama made any mention of people he'd like to appoint to the NMB?

AFA hopes that Ms. Van De Water leaves the NMB and takes a different job. She was supposed to hold a higher level position in the Dept. of Labor if McCain was elected president...thank God that didnt happen!

The 3 member board consists of 2 members appointed by the GOP and 1 appointed by the minority party.

Hopefully by February Obama will appoint a new member and yes Ms. Van De Water will go take a hike!

The reason there has not been much talk in regards to the NMB is because its a 2nd tier appointment. There are still many other positions the Obama team needs to fill before they get to the NMB, hopefully by February it will all be resolved.

AFA hopes that Ms. Van De Water leaves the NMB and takes a different job. She was supposed to hold a higher level position in the Dept. of Labor if McCain was elected president...thank God that didnt happen!

I figured it was her, since she was the last one in the door, but wasn't sure...

The 3 member board consists of 2 members appointed by the GOP and 1 appointed by the minority party.

Well, since it can be a max of 2 from any given party, I assume it'll go to 2 Dems, and 1 GOP this time around.

Hopefully by February Obama will appoint a new member and yes Ms. Van De Water will go take a hike!

Amen. Along with that, I'm also curious as to who he'll pick for secretary of labor.

The reason there has not been much talk in regards to the NMB is because its a 2nd tier appointment. There are still many other positions the Obama team needs to fill before they get to the NMB, hopefully by February it will all be resolved.

I suppose you're right.

Thanks for the info, BTW.

Read Van de Water's term technically ended last summer, so she is the person that could be replaced by the new administration ....

Amen. Along with that, I'm also curious as to who he'll pick for secretary of labor.
maybe someone like Mary Beth Maxwell or David Macaray?

with the disaster of what has happened to American jobs, and in light of the near half million jobs lost last month alone! I personally would like to see someone as Secretary of Labor who finally focuses on the employee instead of appeasing the corporate employer bullies who(in the past) focuses on how many US jobs they can or attempt to outsource overseas.

The attempt to outsource and eliminate U.S. Flight Attendant jobs overseas to non-Americans was a disgrace to this industry and our Country.

It is about time someone in that role stands up for Americans.

I dont know, i still have my doubts that any pro union legislation or changes
well, in the case of that company that gave those employees a three day notice at that factory and showed them the door(without severance and insurance while they were right to have it) and they are fighting for what they believe is the right thing to do with the sit in...and are winning...people are starting to understand how important it is to have actual protections in writing.

while having it in writing may not prevent job losses in this economy, it certainly does lay out what will happen and how to protect a families well being in the short term(when compensation is vital to keep a family in their home due to a job loss) for rightfully deserved compensation(severance), insurance, recall, vacation payouts..

some of these companies could care less about American households and workers children (as shown recently in the news as they try to deny benefits!)..

what that one example has showed many is, it is almost a requirement at this time to have something, anything in writing to protect...YOU!

when I left the home, my father sat me down and explained two things to me..
he told me.."no one will care for you like your immediate family who has your best interest truly at heart" and second "if you think someone will take care of you(other than yourself) dont expect it or rely on what someone else says..because more than likely they wont"

it is not even about opinions, views or personal beliefs, it all boils down to looking out for yourself because once you walk out the door, we are really all on our own!

I will step off the soap box now! :)

maybe someone like Mary Beth Maxwell or David Macaray?

with the disaster of what has happened to American jobs, and in light of the near half million jobs lost last month alone! I personally would like to see someone as Secretary of Labor who finally focuses on the employee instead of appeasing the corporate employer bullies who(in the past) focuses on how many US jobs they can or attempt to outsource overseas.

The attempt to outsource and eliminate U.S. Flight Attendant jobs overseas to non-Americans was a disgrace to this industry and our Country.

It is about time someone in that role stands up for Americans.

Amen.

It's also about time American workers stood up for not only themselves, but each other. The contempt a lot of people have for their fellow citizens is mind-boggling.

I dont know, i still have my doubts that any pro union legislation or changes are getting dimmer by the minute.

Are you indicting Mr. Balanoff before all the facts are out? Aren't you usually the champion of not putting the cart before the horse?

I will say this; *IF* he's found to be liable, then I hope he gets the book thrown at him. Along with that, *IF* he is in fact involved, that is still only the actions of one man, and does not represent union members or leadership as a whole.

well, in the case of that company that gave those employees a three day notice at that factory and showed them the door(without severance and insurance while they were right to have it) and they are fighting for what they believe is the right thing to do with the sit in...and are winning...people are starting to understand how important it is to have actual protections in writing.

Good for the Republic workers! :up:

Are you indicting Mr. Balanoff before all the facts are out? Aren't you usually the champion of not putting the cart before the horse?

I will say this; *IF* he's found to be liable, then I hope he gets the book thrown at him. Along with that, *IF* he is in fact involved, that is still only the actions of one man, and does not represent union members or leadership as a whole.

Its not like union corruption is a big news flash, or this or this or this.

and finally this
Pilot Union Forced to Return nearly $700K in Illegal Dues to Delta Pilots

I really don't think you're making a point.

In the long history of AFA, there has NEVER been an accusation of corruption, nor have there ever been any investigations in the matter.

Its like me comparing Delta management to Enron management.

Unless you have evidence saying that AFA is a corrupt union, I suggest you move on.

I really don't think you're making a point.

In the long history of AFA, there has NEVER been an accusation of corruption, nor have there ever been any investigations in the matter.

Its like me comparing Delta management to Enron management.

Unless you have evidence saying that AFA is a corrupt union, I suggest you move on.

My reply wasn't specifically in reference to AFA, so chill out. It was regarding unions in general. But since you brought it up, they do have a blemish.

My reply wasn't specifically in reference to AFA, so chill out. It was regarding unions in general. But since you brought it up, they do have a blemish.
I just would like to comment since a link was provided regarding that situation.

did you know that there are two type of gamblers, and they are the escapist and the one who seeks immediate action..
people who seek the thrill of the immediate win are typically in the catagory of action and then there is another type..the escapist..that is an individual who may be upset regarding a personal crisis or work related situation, or a loss(family member, spouse, child) and they gamble to get away from whatever is happening in their personal lives..in that situation its very sad(something more is going on in someone's life that no one may be aware of)

those types of addictions are so powerful they can disrupt work, social, mental thoughts and majority of all physical aspects of your life. I actually feel sorry for people who fall into that mode of not being able to have a control in their lives.

theft is never excusable, but the williness to seek help should be admired(the fact help was sought, tell me this situation falls into the escapist mode because an obvious problem and need to seek help was done, most women fall into the escapist catagory).

Thank you Dapoes for bringing this to the forum attention(you may have unknowingly helped someone who reads your post/link who may be dealing with that same situation)

Please remember E.A.P...I believe they can always help in most situations or just lend support when needed.

Latest posts

Back