Obama-0 SCOTUS-12

777 fixer said:

Which only proves that in the end they are business whose only god is the almighty dollar.
Duh!  If the morning after pill was cheaper than the other methods, I bet those other methods would be the violation of religious principles items on the shelf.  As Gandhi said, "Having read the teachings of Jesus Christ, I could very easily have been a Christian, if I had not met so many of them."

700UW said:
10448222_10152215066538061_2052295967956440328_n.png
WHAT, if anything does this have to do with the ruling?

Kagan's statement is trying to prove that healthcare workers saw a benefit of belonging to the union.

How did they get their wages doubled in "less than ten years" when they were only unionized by legislative fiat less than two years ago?

Maybe in other states, but not in Illinois.

jimntx said:
do you have a posse of do-gooders that raid rural homes that have their own chickens and where they could care less whether or not the egg is fertilized?  After all, we can't have some people eating only unfertilized eggs, and some people killing baby chickens.  That's not equal protection under the Constitution.
You're obviously a city boy. Breeding stock is always separate from production stock. My grandparents raised chickens and sold eggs on their farm. The place they kept the egg bearing chickens was called a "hen house" for good reason. If you don't have a rooster, you don't have fertilized eggs.

Glad we're having all this discussion on abortifacients and when life begins in a thread about agency fee and whether or not this opens up doors to Abood being challenged, which could next take out agency fee within the realm of the RLA.

Seriously, if you want to discuss Hobby Lobby, set up your own thread, guys. The thread hijack here isn't necessary.

700UW said:
Can you not read and comprehend?

I think I read and comprehend just fine. Doubled wages? How by coercion? This was an issues of individual rights versus group rights and in the case Individual Liberty won the day. Just because the outcome was purported to be positive doesn't mean the law was correct.

As of April 18, 2013 Hobby Lobby raised it’s full-time minimum wage to $14-an-hour, nearly double the national average, and raised its part-time minimum wage to $9.50-an-hour.
“We are very fortunate to be able to increase hourly wages for our employees, because we know our company would not be successful without the great work they do each day in our stores across the nation,” CEO and founder David Green said at the time.
“As a family-owned business, we want our employees to feel like they are part of a family. This is one way we can show our appreciation for their work and make them feel like part of a team,” Green added.
“So, to be clear, liberals are upset about a company that still offers birth control and pays their employees a minimum wage of $14 an hour,” IJ Review writes. “Let that sink in for a moment.”
- See more at: http://rare.us/story/when-hobby-lobby-picketers-find-out-what-the-company-pays-theyll-crawl-back-with-their-tails-between-their-legs/#sthash.66jL143q.dpuf

SparrowHawk said:
WHAT, if anything does this have to do with the ruling?
nothing dissenting opinions arent law, they are opinion pieces by the minority... honestly it turns the court into raving pundits... it gives people things to focus on instead of the ruling...  

Well, duh! Their wages will skyrocket as myself and the rest of the baby-boomers retire and need home-care or face a nursing home stay for life!

Want a future job for your kids? UNION will make them good $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Kagan's statement is trying to prove that healthcare workers saw a benefit of belonging to the union.

How did they get their wages doubled in "less than ten years" when they were only unionized by legislative fiat less than two years ago?

Maybe in other states, but not in Illinois.
Perhaps my above post belongs to you!

signals said:
Well, duh! Their wages will skyrocket as myself and the rest of the baby-boomers retire and need home-care or face a nursing home stay for life!

Want a future job for your kids? UNION will make them good $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

The ONLY thing a modern day union will guarantee is that the leadership get's 10 to 20 more in Salary & Expenses then their average member makes.

QUESTION: If a women's chosen form of birth control is to keep her clothes on, Should her employer be forced to buy her wardrobe?

Reactions: 2 people
PHXConx said:
nothing dissenting opinions arent law, they are opinion pieces by the minority... honestly it turns the court into raving pundits... it gives people things to focus on instead of the ruling...  
Charles Hughes disagrees with you.

The importance of dissent

A dissent in a court of last resort is an appeal to the brooding spirit
of the law, to the intelligence of a future day, when a later decision
may possibly correct the error into which the dissenting judge believes
the court to have been betrayed... Independence does not mean
cantankerousness and ajudge may be a strong judge without being an
impossible person. Nothing is more distressing on any bench than the
exhibition of a captious, impatient, querulous spirit.'
Charles Evans Hughes

So does Street Law

Though dissents do not become law as majority opinions do, they are important because they document the struggle between different interpretations of the law. Sometimes the dissent in one case becomes the prevailing viewpoint in a future case that overturns an earlier decision. A dissent presaged a future decision in the Plessy and Brown cases

Seems that some folks think that dissents are a bit more than just and Op-Ed piece.

Justice Stephen G. Breyer speaks about the importance of dissent