Obama: 'War In Iraq Is Over'; All Troops Will Withdraw By Year's End

Ms Tree

Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Troops coming home

Personally I think it is a mistake but I do not see any alternative. I believe in the you break it you buy policy We went in not just to topple Hussein but as an occupation force that was trying to rebuild the country. That was a failed venture from the get go. Iraq is probably going to break up into three parts controlled by the three factions. Iran is chomping at the bit to stick their hands in the pot. I would not be surprised if the sectarian violence explodes after we leave and tens of thousands if not more die in the ensuing violence. What a cluster phuck. We screw up and others get to pay the consequences.

Reactions: 2 people
Troops coming home

Personally I think it is a mistake but I do not see any alternative. I believe in the you break it you buy policy We went in not just to topple Hussein but as an occupation force that was trying to rebuild the country. That was a failed venture from the get go. Iraq is probably going to break up into three parts controlled by the three factions. Iran is chomping at the bit to stick their hands in the pot. I would not be surprised if the sectarian violence explodes after we leave and tens of thousands if not more die in the ensuing violence. What a cluster phuck. We screw up and others get to pay the consequences.

Well maybe he's learning to be a good Republican like Nixon who ended Viet Nam by essentially declaring victory and leaving. SSDD :lol:

The better question would be what was Bush thinking?

Victory was already declared a while back.

Neither he nor his aids were thinking. As with all the conflicts I can think of since WWII, this one was poorly thought out, ill conceived, poorly executed and doomed to fail from day one. I believe the WH lied to the the people and Congress failed miserably to carry out it's constitutional over sight duty. They were scared for their jobs and went along with the plan.

Victory was already declared a while back.

Neither he nor his aids were thinking.
As with all the conflicts I can think of since WWII, this one was poorly thought out, ill conceived, poorly executed and doomed to fail from day one. I believe the WH lied to the the people and Congress failed miserably to carry out it's constitutional over sight duty. They were scared for their jobs and went along with the plan.

As has been the way of the Obama administration.
We elected a community organizer with no political experience so what does one expect?
He didn't listen to his Generals and soon the world will deal with his shortcomings.

I guess bin-Ladin and Qadafi wish Bush were still president.

As well as the crooks in Iraq profiting from rebuilding.

The Bush years were golden in the Middle East.

You an Arab?

As has been the way of the Obama administration.
We elected a community organizer with no political experience so what does one expect?
He didn't listen to his Generals and soon the world will deal with his shortcomings.

And previous to that we elected three or make that four governors and one former head of the CIA. Bush listened to god and look where that got us. What's your point?

Politicians are idiots other wise they would not want the job. Most of them are not capable of doing anything else. Some of them probably start out with god ideas but soon the reality of US politics sucks the dreams right out of them. None of them seem to have a principle that cannot be bought or negotiated away. I would not give you a bucket of warm spit for the lot of them but apparently big business sees them as an investment opportunity.

And previous to that we elected three or make that four governors and one former head of the CIA. Bush listened to god and look where that got us. What's your point?

Politicians are idiots other wise they would not want the job. Most of them are not capable of doing anything else. Some of them probably start out with god ideas but soon the reality of US politics sucks the dreams right out of them. None of them seem to have a principle that cannot be bought or negotiated away. I would not give you a bucket of warm spit for the lot of them but apparently big business sees them as an investment opportunity.

You best focus your attention to Iran, the Nuke, and the 12th Madi.

They're listening to Allah. Screw Bush.

Two obstacles to Islamic domination....US and Israel.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess bin-Ladin and Qadafi wish Bush were still president.

As well as the crooks in Iraq profiting from rebuilding.

The Bush years were golden in the Middle East.

You an Arab?

Pardon me but I for one take no joy in Qaddafi's death. How nice of our government to be so arrogant as to think it's perfectly fine to set the wheels in motion to topple the Leader of a Sovereign Nation. How would you like it if Iranian Agents killed Obama?

One does not uphold American Values and Ideals by engaging in Un-American activities

Were it not for the fact that he did sponsor the killing of US citizens in a terrorist attack (and harboring the SOB who masterminded the attack), the NATO and UN involvement and local uprising against him that would be a perfect analogy.

Were it not for the fact that he did sponsor the killing of US citizens in a terrorist attack (and harboring the SOB who masterminded the attack), the NATO and UN involvement and local uprising against him that would be a perfect analogy.

Except for The Empty Suit and his completely ignoring the COTUS and War Powers Act. He behaved like a dictator. Which IIRC correctly we killed?

Actually Obama is merely abiding by Bush's Iraq withdrawal timeline.
http://blogs.ajc.com/kyle-wingfield/2011/10/21/obama-abides-by-bushs-timeline-for-leaving-iraq-although-you-wouldnt-know-that-to-hear-him-tell-it-video/

He made no mention of the Status of Forces Agreement from October 2008, ratified by Iraqi lawmakers in November 2008, that stated, in pertinent part:

All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than December 31, 2011.

Except for The Empty Suit and his completely ignoring the COTUS and War Powers Act. He behaved like a dictator. Which IIRC correctly we killed?

Our participation in NATO and the UN were authorized by Congress if I remember correctly so like all treaties, there is no conflict with the COTUS or the WPA. There are treaties that we have with other nations that dictate that if they are attacked by a third party it is an attack on the US and that we are obligated by the treaty to come to the aid of the country.

BTW, did any one file a law suite or anything saying that the POTUS violated the COTUS or WPA? You would have thought that someone would have done that already. May be no one in Congress knows about it. You should tell them. You will be their hero.

How nice of our government to be so arrogant as to think it's perfectly fine to set the wheels in motion to topple the Leader of a Sovereign Nation.

One does not uphold American Values and Ideals by engaging in Un-American activities

Were you this upset when Reagan went after Noriega?

Latest posts