Obama

Anybody can be made to sound like a jerk when their comments are taken out of context. And that is what happened to Reverend Wright..... look for more of the same, so long as Hillaryclinton.com is still in the race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

USAir757,

MY GOD,...............something we agree on.

I believe that the Rev. Wright, is NOT a racist !

But what scares so many :lilly" white americans, is that he TELLS the TRUTH in a Fierce FORCEFUL manner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem with WHITEY(I'm a Whitey) is that they always want their NEGATIVE history..."selectivly" discussed with them, or the overall public !!

The Dilemma for Barack Obama, is that..IF he is going to be POTUS, as a black man, he must campaigh..SELECTIVLY.

Racism is a NASTY BRUTAL odor(in the General sense), that is virtually Impossible to eradicate, once it's in a persons soul, and I'm not just refering to caucasions. It could be Chinese hating Japanese/or any duo who dislike each other.

Be honest with ourselves. The playing field IS NOT level, betwee Johnny Mac/HC or Barack, meaning HC and JMc can be as critical as they want, on anything, whereas Barack knows if he quotes US HISTORY, as it pertains to Race, he runs the risk of alienating a LOT of White voters.

To be honest(knowing ME, like I know ME),....I wouldn't want the POTUS job, if I couldn't speak my mind.............100% of the time ANYTIME.

And the Bottom line to All this Rev. Wright stuff,..............It just moves Hillary one more step(s) to the office currently occupied by a BABOON :down: :down:

After seeing and listening to those sermons....out of context is surely out of context....

The Big 'O' lied about being there, then was shown sitting there with a cheshire cat grin.....he doesn't take oil money {in DC} and was shown not able to, due to a law....but he was sucking it in at the Getty's a month or so ago.... And it was shown who all those oil people were in an election contributor release...he's no different....he's about change......hey buddy,can you break a quarter?

Change you can believe in......

You're buying into precisely what the HC machine wants you to. The whole Youtube/Reverend Jeremiah was campaign propaganda, meant to scare people about Obama, and create an illusion that behind closed doors, he could be a RADICAL ANTI-US muslim... yet, as you can see, nobody is really "behind" the release of these video clips. Why? Because people that care enough to do a little research know that this is just plain junk, meant to turn people away from the real issues that face this country, and give people like Hillaryclinton.com another leg up when arguing for superdelegate support, and actual votes too, I suppose. This is how the Clinton thugs run campaigns... and they are very good at it, too.

Let's not forget that regardless of our opinion of Reverend Wright, it still should not have any effect on our opinion of Barack Obama. The campaign is neither aligned with his preachings, nor do they stand behind or support anything he might say going forward. We cannot arbitrarily assign someone's viewpoints or positions to any candidate, simply because they may have associated with them.

Even still, if you actually listen to what the Reverend has said, and listen to him in entirity with an open mind (outside of selective sound bites).... he actually makes real sense. He lives and preaches by solid principles. He is not a racist, but does preach for the equality of all people under God. You can find many of his sermons online now, so if you're doubting what I'm saying, go watch and read a few before you make up your own mind. I think you'll see that you've been eating propaganda machine excrement.

You're buying into precisely what the HC machine wants you to...
No, only a preview of coming attractions.

Politico.com - GOP plans half-million hit on Obama, Dems
Republican-leaning districts could be particularly fertile ground for Obama-focused attacks, GOP officials say. “I think he’s the weaker candidate, and I’ve thought that for over a year now,†NRCC Chairman Tom Cole (Okla.) said at a briefing on Monday. “He’s very inexperienced. He is by any definition liberal and to the left of Hillary Clinton, and he will give us plenty of ideological divisions to work with.â€

Besides the two special congressional elections in Mississippi and Louisiana next month, Republicans believe they can also exploit Obama’s vulnerabilities in House battlegrounds where he has struggled to win over key demographic groups. Those areas include three culturally conservative seats in Pennsylvania, where Obama lost badly in last week’s primary, and three Cuban-American districts in Florida that Democrats are seriously contesting for the first time.

BTW, are you in agreement with the Rev. Wright that the U.S. invented AIDS to kill blacks, that there is a difference between black brains and white brains, in his praise of Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, or that criticism of him is criticism of all black churches?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Is Obama taking the advice of Carl Rove? Earlier, in a recent Newsweek Column, Carl Rove offered Obama six suggestions for how he can reignite his presidential campaign. One of the suggestions was to sharpen his repudiation of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's controversial sermons.

Now, Obama, says he was “outraged†by Wright’s comments at the National Press Club Monday, and “saddened by the spectacle.â€

Obama said he was outraged by Wright’s remarks that seemed to suggest the U.S. government might be responsible for the spread of AIDS in the black community, and his equation of some American wartime efforts with terrorism. And he seemed to signal a complete break with his former minister.

“What particularly angered me was his suggestion somehow that my previous denunciation of his remarks were somehow political posturing,†said Obama, who added that Wright had shown “little regard for me†and seemed more concerned with “taking center stage.â€

*** Perhaps it is mere coincidence and has more to do with the timing of the National Press Club comments***

You mean like the lies and doctored intelligence that the Bush administration used to justify going to war in Iraq?

“ Together we must also confront the new hazards of chemical and biological weapons, and the outlaw states, terrorists and organized criminals seeking to acquire them. Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them. The United Nations weapons inspectors have done a truly remarkable job, finding and destroying more of Iraq's arsenal than was destroyed during the entire gulf war. Now, Saddam Hussein wants to stop them from completing their mission. I know I speak for everyone in this chamber, Republicans and Democrats, when I say to Saddam Hussein, "You cannot defy the will of the world," and when I say to him, "You have used weapons of mass destruction before; we are determined to deny you the capacity to use them again."

Sounds pretty convincing to me...

Is Obama taking the advice of Carl Rove? Earlier, in a recent Newsweek Column, Carl Rove offered Obama six suggestions for how he can reignite his presidential campaign. One of the suggestions was to sharpen his repudiation of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's controversial sermons.

Now, Obama, says he was “outraged†by Wright’s comments at the National Press Club Monday, and “saddened by the spectacle.â€

Obama said he was outraged by Wright’s remarks that seemed to suggest the U.S. government might be responsible for the spread of AIDS in the black community, and his equation of some American wartime efforts with terrorism. And he seemed to signal a complete break with his former minister.

“What particularly angered me was his suggestion somehow that my previous denunciation of his remarks were somehow political posturing,†said Obama, who added that Wright had shown “little regard for me†and seemed more concerned with “taking center stage.â€

*** Perhaps it is mere coincidence and has more to do with the timing of the National Press Club comments***

I think Wright is getting off on the media attention and good old Big 'O' got him there and now the reverend says thank you with his middle finger.

To paraphrase Professor Higgins, I think he's (finally) got it.

Politico.com - Obama denounces Wright
Obama also distanced himself from the man in a way he has been reluctant to in the past.

"The person that I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago," he said. "His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate, and I believe that they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church."

"They certainly don’t portray accurately my values and beliefs," he said.

"If Reverend Wright thinks that’s political posturing, as he put it, then he doesn’t know me very well and based on his remarks yesterday, I may not know him as well as I thought either."

"I gave him the benefit of the doubt in my speech in Philadelphia, explaining that he has done enormous good in the church," he said. "But when he states and then amplifies such ridiculous propositions as the U.S. government somehow being involved in AIDS; when he suggests that Minister Farrakhan somehow represents one of the greatest voices of the 20th and 21st century; when he equates the U.S. wartime efforts with terrorism – then there are no exuses. They offend me. They rightly offend all Americans. And they should be denounced, and that’s what I’m doing very clearly and unequivocally here today."

"It is antithetical to my campaign. It is antithetical to what I’m about. It is not what I think America stands for," he said.

Better late than never.

I think Wright is getting off on the media attention and good old Big 'O' got him there and now the reverend says thank you with his middle finger.
Obama's is distancing himself from Reverend Wright is mere politics. Obama knows that "white" america can only handle non-threatening blacks. They like their non threatening, non militant blacks to be happy go lucky Stepin Fetchit types. If Obama is seen as threatening or militant he knows Queen Hillary will get his white votes.

Uh, that's the problem. The superdelegates get it. The populus didn't have the chance because all the crap was buried until after Super Tuesday and the early primaries. All the more reason to have primaries spread out as opposed to en masse in March...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lily,

Now WHY oh WHY..........would a POS like CARL ROVE be advising BO ?????

It wouldn't be to help BO beat HILLARY now would it ???

(And of course if it's BO..vs..JMc,.............Good ol' ROVE, will be "advising" Johnny Mac to help him defeat BO)

Everyone laughed/poo-poo'd the day in 1993 when HILLARY told Matt Lauer, on the TODAY show, that "there is a VAST RIGHT WING Conspiricy out there".

If Hillary ever told the truth "one time in her life".....................THAT...........was "the" time.
(Think the RUTHERFORD Group................the HERITAGE Foundation...for starters) :down: :down:

As far as Pastor Wright is concerned, IMHO he's an ANGRY man, who speaks the TRUTH the VAST majority of the time, With Excessive FORCE.

He also allows HILLARY to take GIANT STEPS on her way to "1600" to become the First Female POTUS !! :up: :up:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As far as Pastor Wright is concerned, IMHO he's an ANGRY man, who speaks the TRUTH the VAST majority of the time, With Excessive FORCE.

After seeing a picture of the home being built for him I don't know what he's so angry about. IMHO he's just another self righteous preacher who makes a rather good living "spreading the gospel".

Latest posts

Back