Parker no shows on Larry King

I couldn't get past the CEO of the ATA who could only respond, "I haven't seen the Pilots AD yet". This was his only answer several times. If he hasn't seen the ad, he's either incompetent, or a liar.........
'What a joke that guy was! He's a lobbyist for the airline industry and even though lobbyists are guaranteed the right to lobby by the US Constitution, some of them go beyond the pale. He made an idiot out of himself out of whole cloth.

Boy, Larry Kind is awful how does someone so bad have such a long and succesful carrier?

Did you ever see the movie "Weekend At Bernies"? :up: :up: Larry King is a cadaver-like presence and he doesn't often bother to let the truth of a matter get in his way as exemplified by tonight's "performance". :down: :down:

She has the juice and guts to show up on CNN.

I didn't see you or Doug there.

They probably could not get anyone else! The creditable ones are smarter then that! You must be one of her 21,000 members! Guess Real Estate in her neck of the woods has not been real good latley! :down:

Doug Parker represents us as employees and he let alot of us down. Too not even call for one minute and explain to CNN over the live telecast, is to say the least suspicious. I'm not suggesting anything but his actions warrant follow up by the board. I hope he's concerned because the media is going to have a field day with us. I wouldn't put it past WN to come up with something similar to the " Beverage Add "
The board should have acted long before tonight's fiasco...

I think he was blindsided by the ad in USA Today and made furious by it.

Blindsided? Everyone knew that USAPA told the company they would take this public if they didn't back off on captain's authority. USAPA basically announced it to their membership. I knew about it from reading this message board at least a week or two ago. I was wondering what took them so long to follow through.

Blindsided? Only if he's been in a stupor for the past two weeks.

What caught him by surprise is that USAPA has the cojones to follow through on their remedy. ALPA, the quintessential "paper tiger," would not have done that in a million years.

Welcome to the big leagues, Doug. Now you have to decide whether you want to make it better or worse. Your choice....olive branch or down-and-dirty. We've had just about enough on the labor side; "freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

Blindsided? Everyone knew that USAPA told the company they would take this public if they didn't back off on captain's authority. USAPA basically announced it to their membership. I knew about it from reading this message board at least a week or two ago. I was wondering what took them so long to follow through.

Blindsided? Only if he's been in a stupor for the past two weeks.

What caught him by surprise is that USAPA has the cojones to follow through on their remedy. ALPA, the quintessential "paper tiger," would not have done that in a million years.

Welcome to the big leagues, Doug. Now you have to decide whether you want to make it better or worse. Your choice....olive branch or down-and-dirty. We've had just about enough on the labor side; "freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

I think that Mgmt made a huge mistake when they went the Fuel vs Authority route. The public doesn't see anything but a line in the sand for safety. The Flight Crew has the requirement for safety at their disposal no matter what the company thinks. This will prove itself once this plays out.

Back OT, is it just me, or was this whole Larry King program a three ring circus of FAIL?

I also agree. Nobody knows why Doug Parker didn't show up, canceling two hours before the show was to start. But oh well. I was rather annoyed to see Kate Hanni and James May on the same screen attacking each other with their own rhetoric (though more Kate Hanni, who says to the airlines "Gimme" and throw a temper tantrum when they don't get what they want). <_<

Back