Parker to pilots pay raise proposal, "that's not going to happen"...

"US Airways, not the worst...just managed by the worst! Just give us a try, we'll cheat you right!"

Parker also used to say he'd only allow a "cost neutral" new contract. It's called posturing and it's only meant for public consumption.

Too many scared to death, quaking in their boots, Barny Fife nervous, Captains. I just flew with one...he would do anything to stay in his confy left seat. I for one am sick of it! It is costing me at a minimum, 17% per pay check. It is no longer Captain's discretion; it is time for the union (if that is what it really is)to step up and start breaking some knee caps. Enough is enough! Were is Jimmy Hoffa when you need him?

Meanwhile, back at the Castle, those execs are one of the highest paid in the industry...

Why didn't a journalist challenge him on that?

Meanwhile, back at the Castle, those execs are one of the highest paid in the industry...

Why didn't a journalist challenge him on that?
The journalists that were there were just kiss-a$$es, there for the free food and drink.

I once heard a yellow dog Democrat tell his son "you ain't rich enough to vote Republican, boy."

Pilots though they were, and they have learned they can be whiplashed almost as easy as the IAM. All that "our hands are on the throttle" BS doesn't mean squat when management can divide and conquer.

I hope to live to see the day working people realize NOBODY is going to do right by them, and that they are going to have to grab the reins. For God's sake, we don't even have to go to jail, get beaten or killed like our grandfathers did for justice - just freakin' get involved in the political process our Founders designed for us.

Even if it happens when I am a broken down old fart, I'm going to be at the front of the line, rolling my wheelchair with one hand and carrying a torch in the other!

Pilots though they were, and they have learned they can be whiplashed almost as easy as the IAM. All that "our hands are on the throttle" BS doesn't mean squat when management can divide and conquer.
That about sums up the sad state of labor in the country. When the mechanics walked at Easter the pilots honored the picket line. Lorenzo’s vision of buying up airlines, FAILING to merge them and pitting labor groups against each other failed. If that plan sounds familiar let me know.

Fast forward 20 years and now when the mechanics at Northwest strike the pilots cross and worse the IAM not only crosses but also does some of the struck work.

Is anyone surprised at depressed wages and loss of pensions?

Back