PHL LECP double dipping just like predecessor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you are a Non Profit doesn't mean you aren't allowed tax deductions. As well as losses in rent. That's how one shows that there is no profit. :rolleyes:

And as far as I know, the f/a's have no say as to where a MEC office is located. That is left up to the MEC and I'm sure it will be based on the finances.

Let me reiterate this so that you are able to comprehend...TAX EXEMPT status!!! I think your spouse should be capable of explaining it.

Can you elaborate on your "flight attendants have no say where the MEC office is located" comment? Where did we get lost in who has the say around here. We as a group do indeed have a say. We have a say through our LEC officers who make up our MEC. A good MEC would solicite members and bring their opinion in the fold since they are the ones who make up the union. Have we become so disconnected with this fundamental idea that we just are willing to hand the entire control over to the MEC? That is the USSR or China, not a democratic union. I know what it's been lately but that is not the way it's constitution reads.

You hit that nail on the head.

The flight attendants have a collective voice and their LECP better be able to put his/her personal opinions aside and represent the voice of the membership.

You know exactly how all this works...you should be running for office! :up: :up:

"I don't know what the constitution reads. "

YIKES! The spirit of the bylaws is that the members are AFA

"Never thought to look it up yet at the same time, I don't recall anyone ever asking me where it should be located either. In all the years I've been working here, not once has anyone ever asked me where I think the MEC office should be located."

And that doesn't strike you as odd?

Rule # 1 : Get familiar with your union. How it works, the bylaws, your contract and always know you have the power. It's a democracy not a dictatorship.

Rule #2: When in doubt, refer back to rule #1.

Excellent! :up:

A better decision maker will be in office SOON enough. :up: No more greased palms. Time to get back to some real hardball union business. Knowing your contract and all of it's C&B's is the company's WORST nightmare. :lol:

The rent in PHL is through the roof and you know it.

I am certain you will find a CLT locale that is cheaper than PHL, just as I am certain I could find a PHL locale cheaper than anything close to the CLT airport.

The one thing I find true about real estate is that what seems true, rarely is.

A better decision maker will be in office SOON enough. :up: No more greased palms. Time to get back to some real hardball union business. Knowing your contract and all of it's C&B's is the company's WORST nightmare. :lol:

I hope that some good people will step up to the plate. You would not believe the number of people I am telling about the JM situation that have no clue....but once they are told, they are outraged. We need to get the word out---or have more people come to this website ! LOL !
BTW---watch your paychecks. I didn't get SR pay for two trips I did in DEC. I had to claim it on my own. Bet they were thinking i wouldn't take the time but it was 40 bucks they owed me.

Considering the fact that the company won't let those that are running for the local office to "stuff" mailboxes or use the crew room to their advantage this election will most likely be word of mouth. For those running it will be VERY difficult to get your voice heard. The issue at hand needs to be told to as many people as possible. Can we all line up with our rollerboards and parade through the terminals? :lol:

Considering the fact that the company won't let those that are running for the local office to "stuff" mailboxes or use the crew room to their advantage this election will most likely be word of mouth. For those running it will be VERY difficult to get your voice heard. The issue at hand needs to be told to as many people as possible. Can we all line up with our rollerboards and parade through the terminals? :lol:
Huh ? I remember the big stink about not sending out something on an e-line but they can't stuff mailboxes ? So how the heck are we supposed to know the qualifications of those running ??

Let me reiterate this so that you are able to comprehend...TAX EXEMPT status!!! I think your spouse should be capable of explaining it.

What? On a fishing expedition?

My husband wouldn't know the difference between a non-profit tax exempt business and a grocery list. :lol:

Lord a mercy..he can't even balance a check book. Runs in the family...Thank god for computers!!! :lol:

Yes, I erred about the union having tax-exempt status. I'd totally forgotten about that when I was talking about getting out of a lease ( long term? ) and justifying it for accounting purposes.

And it certainly isn't worth getting into a sparring match over.

What? On a fishing expedition?

My husband wouldn't know the difference between a non-profit tax exempt business and a grocery list. :lol:

Lord a mercy..he can't even balance a check book. Runs in the family...Thank god for computers!!! :lol:

Yes, I erred about the union having tax-exempt status. I'd totally forgotten about that when I was talking about getting out of a lease ( long term? ) and justifying it for accounting purposes.

And it certainly isn't worth getting into a sparring match over.

Definitely....not with me. :rolleyes:

What about PHX? At some point won't East and West F/As be consolidated into one MEC?

What is the F/A population of PHX compared to PHL?

Wouldn't it make sense for an MEC office, which is dealing with systemwide issues, to be near where systemwide decisions are being made?

Excellent idea. Council 66 already has a very nice LEC/MEC office facility, and is near the Sand Castle. It seems to me that using resources that we already have would be good. Plus, this could enhance communication and coordination between the two MEC's and give each set of officers some insight into the challenges each group faces. The East MEC could split some costs with the West and maybe free up some money on both sides that can be put to better use. As has been said, at one point the MEC's will merge.

Did it cross any one else's mind that when John just sent out the latest e-line yesterday that perhaps he should have addressed his flying ETB and collecting 108 flight pay loss ??? I guess he thinks if he doesn't address it, that it will go away. How spineless.

Did it cross any one else's mind that when John just sent out the latest e-line yesterday that perhaps he should have addressed his flying ETB and collecting 108 flight pay loss ??? I guess he thinks if he doesn't address it, that it will go away. How spineless.

McCorkey has no faith in PHL f/as. That's his arrogance. He thinks that the PHL f/as are not organized enough to do anything about the issue, and he thinks he's a shoe-in for reelection as he wrote out many times to the former PIT LECP/MECP in a nasty e-mail regarding his "over confidence". He's also probably waiting to see who's his competition before he goes on the "attack" and defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back