PHL LECP double dipping just like predecessor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we do it here.

People nominate and the candidates post their platform for all to see here.
Personally I would just like to get my nomination ballot. AFA chose to ignore the 130 of us who are now out of PIT and based in PHL for the month of February so none of us got nomination ballots.
It is now my problem to call the international office and have one sent to me. Ineptitude at its' best.

Personally I would just like to get my nomination ballot. AFA chose to ignore the 130 of us who are now out of PIT and based in PHL for the month of February so none of us got nomination ballots.
It is now my problem to call the international office and have one sent to me. Ineptitude at its' best.

McCork should have notified the International of the transferees. The International folks are not going to know what f/as transferred where, but McCork kows whose in his base. He's now going to make the PIT transferees do hurdles and come to his office to pick up the ballots. That will be his excuse. "Wan'm, come and get them". He's hoping that PIT bypasses this election cause he knows the transerees won't vote for him. They remember all too well when he was on furlough as a PHL f/a and had the nerve to have flyers stuffed in the PIT mailboxes to recall the PIT LECP back in 2003. Got some cronnie in PIT to do his bidding and she got booed out of a union meeting. He was so arrogant that he actually thought through his newsletters he could influence the PIT f/as, when he was not even a member of the PIT base.Yup, remember all too well. Funny, how he came knocking on the PIT LECP door in 2004 to represent him on an issue that was 0 tolerance and terminable by the company's standards. And, because he was a member of AFA, and even though he was no member of her base, she represented him averted his termination and they gave him a letter of warning, instead. Yea, HE owes some gratitude to AFA for sure, but you'll never hear him admit it. HE did then.

He never wrote another negative word about AFA since then...take note of his newsletters since then. Nadda word.
But, he''ll say now that he saved his own job...some loser crap like that... from what I hear: :rolleyes:

Oh and the plot thickens! Add that the list of shamefulness. I know people that have every newsletter and endorsement he wrote. The written word can become as sharp as a sword and is about to come back to haunt someone.
The AFA representative did their job representing him. It was their duty even thought I am sure she wanted to throw up. Like being a defense attorney...no matter the offense the member deserves decent and fair representation.

Let me get this right....PHL local will take your dues money --as well as the other 129 of you PIT people---but didn't send you a nomination ballot ? That's a load of crap plus a nice chunk of change for JM to spend extra. The plot DOES thicken------- Did you call Mark Gentile about this ?

LAST KNOWN ADDRESS!!!! Make sure you get in touch with LEC Phl office to have a dupe ballot mailed out to your new address. JM is counting on those who haven't changed their address from PIT FURLOUGH! Get in touch with MG and have him straighten it out with election committee. :down:

Remember....it is legal not to get ballot if you haven't confirmed new address or forwarding address with your locals.

LAST KNOWN ADDRESS!!!! Make sure you get in touch with LEC Phl office to have a dupe ballot mailed out to your new address. JM is counting on those who haven't changed their address from PIT FURLOUGH! Get in touch with MG and have him straighten it out with election committee. :down:

Remember....it is legal not to get ballot if you haven't confirmed new address or forwarding address with your locals.

Most of these transferees don't have new permanent addresses. They still live in PIT, get all their mail in PIT, and only commute to PHL.

The f/as need to contact International and the Local to ensure they get a ballot sent to their home. The issue for most is not the address; but rather notifiying International that their new base is PHL and they are part of the election process. Not all bases are having elections, therefore, International will not know unless informed by PHL local or the f/a.

I am sure that with the closure of the base in Pit the dues are going elsewhere no? If their dues are allotted to Phl then they should have been mailed ballots. This is most definately a challenge in the bi-laws. Why hasn't anyone said anything to the Phl based local's executive board. I find it pretty alarming that they would not send them ballots if indeed they are now based in Phl. I am sure they aren't saying no to the dues being deposited each month eh?

I am sure that with the closure of the base in Pit the dues are going elsewhere no? If their dues are allotted to Phl then they should have been mailed ballots. This is most definately a challenge in the bi-laws. Why hasn't anyone said anything to the Phl based local's executive board. I find it pretty alarming that they would not send them ballots if indeed they are now based in Phl. I am sure they aren't saying no to the dues being deposited each month eh?

I agree with you wholeheartely. And for those who either got displaced or transferred to PHL (129) dues $$ do go to PHL. However, they have a PResident over there that only needs his same 297 international f/a votes to win reelection, and he surely doesn't want to muddy those waters with 129 avivd voters who would place their votes to anyone other than the McCORKHEAD!
His odds are better taking PIT out of the equation.

All one has to do is think like a scum bag...then you understand his M.O.

I am sure JM (I would rather use intials) has notice that almost 11,000 of us have been on this thread. Rest assured the rest of them, including PF and MF also have been up most nights reading themselves. Curiosity does most certainly kill the cat.

So for all of you reading out there it is PUBLIC knowledge that former Pit F/A's have not received their balloting in the mail. Get on it !

Not to put to fine a point on this but your points would have even more impact if you called Mr McCorkle by his name. I can think of a number of names for him, however it diminishes YOU when you name call. Took me 53 years to figure this or at least refigure it out. Calling Mr Parker "Dougweiser" made me the arse not Mr Parker. Just food for thought.

Bob,

You have a right to your opinion, and a man you are. However, I don't subscribe to the same blue print ethics. McCork doesn't deserve respect, and by far, not from me. I can think of some mighty degrading choice words for the guy...

Gee Bob, I thought I was being quite plesant, and kind.

Passion can produce Change all everyone is saying is do not let someone waltz into the next three years of leadership in Philadelphia. If the results are as poor as the last election then flight attendants you are asleep at the wheel and trust me you will pay for your disinterest.

I spoke with Mark Gentile this morning and he said that he has called the international office 3x but no one has returned his phone calls. I then called myself and left a message for the bollot committee as well as Kevin Creighan-International Sec/Treas.

In addition, I called council 70 office and Mr. J.M. himself answered and I asked that a ballot be sent to my home. He was very pleasant and told me the ballot will go out in today's mail---or he could put it in my mail file.

My question is this....

WHY DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THIS ???

I've known I was going to PHL since November of 2007 when i got the confirmation letter from the company and they knew I was coming.....what's the problem ???

I hope everyone reading this thread that knows Pit crew members passes on the message to call. If nothing is done I am confident Pitbull can show you how to file charges for a new vote. Watch your time restraints and call the election committee as soon as possible.

I hope everyone reading this thread that knows Pit crew members passes on the message to call. If nothing is done I am confident Pitbull can show you how to file charges for a new vote. Watch your time restraints and call the election committee as soon as possible.
Well, here's the scoop...as usual the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I was told that because ballots were mailed on January 28th, I was not yet based in PHL until January 31st so I didn't get a ballot. I was told that no one ever notified the national membership office where each person from PIT was going so they didn't know where to send the ballots. Gosh did they think to ask ?Someone even tried to tell me that they don't have the correct addresses for the PIT people...but very few if any moved !! What an excuse !
As far as I'm concerned, section VIII of the by-laws states that each member in good standing will be sent a ballot. So, the PIT people just ended up in limbo ?? You know our dues money didn't. The whole thing makes me ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back