PHL-SFO

Did HP154 make a stop?
Not according to the flight aware. It said 6hr 45min flying time. My friend was on 965 and he called me and questioned that flight cause they were getting their baggage at the same time.

Not according to the flight aware. It said 6hr 45min flying time. My friend was on 965 and he called me and questioned that flight cause they were getting their baggage at the same time.

If HP 154 was switched to a newly reconfigured 320 then it might've stopped for fuel.

Too late now to check on the OIS website, but they may have slowed arrivals into SFO earlier in the day for some reason giving the earlier flight a delay? They could have had more headwinds on the route they were given (noticed that the flight plans were a little different which could have resulted in different headwinds). The estimated flight speeds were showing within 4 knts of each other, but there is no way to verify this info now so that may have contributed some. I see a UA 319 currently airborne is showing about 540 flight time which is about what the US 321 was showing. Kind of hard to give better info without being able to check all these things out.
Great website btw- too bad we have to rely on Shares flifo to let you know whats going on at work (or we can find a supv to get us online to check it out). This is the type of tools/info we should have at our fingertips front line to be able to APPEAR to know whats going on.

Yes, HP took over the PHL/SFO routes.
And the time diff. is due to the variable de-ice times out of PHL, 2-4 hour de-ice delays out of PHL on Wednesday.

Why did HP154 take 89 minutes more to fly to SFO than US965?

965 took a more northern route (a little bit of great circle) and showed groundspeeds averaging 430 mph.

154 flew almost a straight line averaging less than 400 MPH. It was a 319 yesterday.

It would be interesting to know
1. Did the HP flight travel at reduced thrust due to lengthy deicing and/or minimal fuel reserves?
2. Who developed the flight plans and why the HP guidance did not better compensate for winds aloft?

Great website btw- too bad we have to rely on Shares flifo to let you know whats going on at work (or we can find a supv to get us online to check it out). This is the type of tools/info we should have at our fingertips front line to be able to APPEAR to know whats going on.
Having access to this information without jumping thru hoops would be very helpful to agents. SHARES flifo reminds me of 1978. It is going to be very hard to track flights in SHARES. Very useful website for the frontline employees

Back