Phoenix Gay Pride Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an opportunity for both East and West employees to get together and show unity all while having fun. Its a great way to make new friends and enjoy the warm Phoenix sunshine. Lets show the city of Phoenix we have PRIDE! :up:

Wow! I'm amazed that marketing is hip to this one. Gay men and lesbians = disposable income (usually no kids to drain the bank account dry...sigh). Disposable income = trips on airplanes to exotic locales. Finally, they've done something right.

"36",

How about that "pencil necked lil' dude" you keep mentioning ????

NH/BB's
You have me confused with someone else. I never mentioned the dude as you say.
just responding to anothers post.

QUOTE(barbeetantrums @ Mar 25 2007, 10:42 AM)

Are you that effeminate little man with a pencil neck that works in the Pass Bureau? Oh wait, every guy that works at Corp HQ is an effeminate little man with a pencil neck! QUOTE

Check your facts before you post

I'm not nor will I ever be the morality police nor will I march in a gay pride parade. Not because I don't approve but because what a person or persons do in the privacy of their home should be just that PRIVATE!

sky high states: Why did the blacks march in Alabama in the 60's? Why do women march with pink ribbons every Oct?

........the march is a movement.

EDUCATE yourself: http://www.365gay.com/InTime/History/FrankHistory.htm

ONLY stating opinions.

Anyone ever see the Ellen special when she said "Why do people automatically jump from gay marriage to animals? Like I want to marry a goat? And they think we're weird?" then she went on to talk about how her and the goat meet, introducing the goat to her parents, running along the beach together etc... very funny but got the point across about the sly way of dehumanizing people in reducing adult relationships into sex acts or comparing them to animals.

Lots of those folk would probably be disapointed at a gay pride event. They'd see the gay Christians, children of gay parents running around with ice cream cones, and gay firemen, gay police officers, rugby teams etc... they'd probably be real let down to see that they are regular people and families that are a vital part of thier community. Which I believe is the point... of course the nightlty news will show the one old guy in buttless chaps and a drag gueen because middle aged couples pushing stollers are not exciting. :rolleyes:

Curious, but I wonder if USAirways would sponsor a group for the Heterosexual Christian Pride Parade? That is if the ACLU would allow that kind of parade.

Yes this is a serious question. Do you think that would be fair?

Perhaps the company would sponsor a Heterosexual Christian Pride Parade if societal conditions warranted such an event. I'd support it too.
However, heterosexuals' or Christians' place is healthy and strong. Heterosexuals or Christians are hardly without a voice in our society nor without a face. In fact, if gay people could, for example, enjoy the same rights and privileges, even Gay Pride parades would have less purpose.
Christians and heterosexuals are hardly under threat, as your post attempts to imply. So healthy are both, you don't even notice, unlike gays, how public you are and how pervasive you are. All that's good but post was inane and rhetorical. And don't tell me Christianity is some kind of closeted, hidden pariah. With churches on nearly every block in some communities, enjoying tax-free status (thanks in part to me) and Christianity dominating society (or trying to insert itself), seems to me you're doing just fine. Your parade is every day, 24/7. You don't seem to realize it.

Its best just not to acknowledge Pineybob's beliefs on the issue. I don't condone bigotry or respond to it.I think his last post speaks volumes. Just let him drink his gin and tonic and sit there like Archie Bunker pontificating.

Perhaps the company would sponsor a Heterosexual Christian Pride Parade if societal conditions warranted such an event. I'd support it too.
However, heterosexuals' or Christians' place is healthy and strong. Heterosexuals or Christians are hardly without a voice in our society nor without a face. In fact, if gay people could, for example, enjoy the same rights and privileges, even Gay Pride parades would have less purpose.
Christians and heterosexuals are hardly under threat, as your post attempts to imply. So healthy are both, you don't even notice, unlike gays, how public you are and how pervasive you are. All that's good but post was inane and rhetorical. And don't tell me Christianity is some kind of closeted, hidden pariah. With churches on nearly every block in some communities, enjoying tax-free status (thanks in part to me) and Christianity dominating society (or trying to insert itself), seems to me you're doing just fine. Your parade is every day, 24/7. You don't seem to realize it.

I recognize that chip on your shoulder, your one of our flight attendents arent you. I posted a fair question. No implications. I appreciate your reply however I disagree.

Lets get back to the topic and take the debate of bigotry and such to another thread on another website.

This thread was to get those who work for the company to particpate in the parade to show participation that the company engages in UNITY of all races, and sexual orientation.

Thank you.

I recognize that chip on your shoulder, your one of our flight attendents arent you. I posted a fair question. No implications. I appreciate your reply however I disagree.

No chip on my shoulder. I replied to your nonsensical comment about having a parade for heterosexual Christians. Stating I have chip on my shoulder isn't a response, but also false and childish name-calling.
Your chip on shoulder is wrong and is as silly as your initial post's comments. And you also wrong about me being "one of our flight attendents."
Your wrong about a lot of things. Perhaps your problem is much of your thinking if formulated from thin air and a rather closed mind.

No chip on my shoulder. I replied to your nonsensical comment about having a parade for heterosexual Christians. Stating I have chip on my shoulder isn't a response, but also false and childish name-calling.
Your chip on shoulder is wrong and is as silly as your initial post's comments. And you also wrong about me being "one of our flight attendents."
Your wrong about a lot of things. Perhaps your problem is much of your thinking if formulated from thin air and a rather closed mind.

I can't speak for US/HP. But I can tell you that AA also sponsored Christian events. Back in the day, AA was quite generous with donating discount coupons and logo items for church fundraising activities.

I can't speak for US/HP. But I can tell you that AA also sponsored Christian events. Back in the day, AA was quite generous with donating discount coupons and logo items for church fundraising activities.

... and AA is also the official airline of the Human Rights Campaign, the nations biggest gay lobby group. Not that gay people and Christian people are opposites or enemies, many people are both- it's shame people like to present that but anyway... If you look at US's website, there are over a hundred groups US donates to... its just people don't feel it's OK to express "opinions" or "don't agreements" with Jews, blind children, battered women, or the plethora or other causes US actually donates to. Hence no blind children marching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back