PHX F/A Scared of What?

1. MDA were you included in on some top secret conference call that no one else knows about? 2. The recalls bid that way because they fell right back in where they were because they are the most jr. either way right now. Where is PitBull? Oh my god stop trying to scare these poor West people with non sense.

No, but I have spoke to G. Richardson and I do go to public union meetings and ask questions..I am not trying to scare anyone, it is just a fact - the invols will go to the bottom of the list in phoenix until the lists are merged - after a seniority list is merged you can't have 2 DOH's - So if someone has a 1-1-2000 doh they will bump back up to that, however if they have only been active for 3 years someone at AWA that was hired in 2001 will have more vacation but after the list is merged the furloughee will bid at a 1-1-2000 seniority date.... If that is incorrect well then there are about 2000 people that have been misinformed.... I don't wish anyone any harm or to "scare" anyone...

Anyway all you West peeps, I hope that WE ALL end up with something that we feel is fair.

I certainly hope so too. I think we should just sit back and let both Union East and Union West work this out. I just called the Union Office too and they told me that they are currently integrating both contracts that will be presented to the company. According to the MEC, US West has alot better contract than US East (except for the pay parity of 1-10 year).

US East just now got the Auto Request which US West currently has. I think that's good news for US Airways F/As. We love this feature in our contract because it allows higher paid senior F/As to be released from a trip and allows lower paid reserves to work. It saves the company money and way to cut cost, plus we love getting auto request awards.

I have to agree with MDA Rules on this one. I was told the same thing. I have a Feb 2000 seniority and I was also told that for bidding purposes only that will be my seniority. But, for pay and Vac it will be 3 1/2 years.

Only in dreamland would someone who worked for 6 months and then spent 6 years on furlough be senior to someone who has held a job for 4 solid years.

There is []no[/b] rational defense to such a thing. None.

OK, so what was DOH for..nothing??? It was for DATE OF HIRE !!!!!! Weather you have 1 day from sept 10th 2001 to Sept 12th 2001(which is immpossible) but, hypathetically speaking..it is still date of hire. This is what the furloughees have been told since as far back as any of us can remember. I fly the 170's and this is what we have been told for nearly 2 years now. We get our DOH for bidding purposes. So, when we are all back from furlough and someone at the West side comes to the east and even though my but was furloughed for howevermany years..if their hire date is after Feb 2000..they are junior to me for bidding. I may get payed less..but..I will be senior to them for bidding schedules. So, until I am told otherwise, this is what I and all the furloughees are going by. Pitbull??? Any input?

Only in dreamland would someone who worked for 6 months and then spent 6 years on furlough be senior to someone who has held a job for 4 solid years.

Well my love I guess you will never wake up b/c that is the way it is like it or not..

Very interesting - no comments - I hope you all called your union reps today and they arranged the facts for you.... If I am wrong please let me know...

Well I know I'll get stoned for this but I'm an East person and I just do not think its fair for someone that was only active for six months before furlough should come back and bump people down that have been active for 4 or 5 years. What happened to that Adjusted Seniority Date that some of the 1991/92 furloughees had. And before any of the furloughees start in on me, I've been furloughed too so please keep that in mind and if you are recalled to PHX and it ends up being what you say then I probably would not go out there throwing it in everyone's face. Not a very good way to make friends. I would think being furloughed would humble some people.

Well I know I'll get stoned for this but I'm an East person and I just do not think its fair for someone that was only active for six months before furlough should come back and bump people down that have been active for 4 or 5 years. What happened to that Adjusted Seniority Date that some of the 1991/92 furloughees had. And before any of the furloughees start in on me, I've been furloughed too so please keep that in mind and if you are recalled to PHX and it ends up being what you say then I probably would not go out there throwing it in everyone's face. Not a very good way to make friends. I would think being furloughed would humble some people.

You sound like a class act. My issue with goodgirl37 was not her wanting her date of hire, she should want that, my issue with her was wanting to go throw it in everyones face out west. I hope goodgirl37 reads your post, especially the last 2 sentences.
I could learn a little about class from you myself, rather than my smart aleck remark earlier in this thread. Thank you for the lesson.

Yup you are right. We have a reserve here, her name is Sharon. She worked for the old US Airways in philadelphia for 6 months and got furloughed. She got hired by America West in Phoenix and been here for 3 years now. Since she has been here for 3 years now , she lost her seniority at the Old US Airways. But she doesn't feel that someone who has been inactive in 5 1/2 years would bump her for being active for 3 years.
You'd be suprised how many US Airways F/A we have here. While they have made an attempt to find other jobs at other airlines, the ones that didn't would bump them including the ones that were hired after them at the Old US.

Yup you are right. We have a reserve here, her name is Sharon. She worked for the old US Airways in philadelphia for 6 months and got furloughed. She got hired by America West in Phoenix and been here for 3 years now. Since she has been here for 3 years now , she lost her seniority at the Old US Airways. But she doesn't feel that someone who has been inactive in 5 1/2 years would bump her for being active for 3 years.
You'd be suprised how many US Airways F/A we have here. While they have made an attempt to find other jobs at other airlines, the ones that didn't would bump them including the ones that were hired after them at the Old US.

You are so sadly mistaken,,, Sharon still has her USAir seniority unless she voluntarily resigned it - hopefully she didn't... The invols that go over to AWA will be at the bottom until the company starts doing recalls... So once sharon is recalled on the east side she will bump back up to her USAir DOH as well as everyone else will that comes over from invol status... don't forget many people will be people from the 170 division and they are the ones that are getting really fu++ed b/c they are still on property as we speak.... but thats ok after they are out in PHX and then are recalled they WILL bump back up to their ORIGINAL DOH not the time they were on the property.... don't let the facts get in your way people!!1

We shall see, this is one of those things that are being discussed. I just finished a trip and heard that talks between US east and US west are not doing well because of the demands of US east. The demands are just way off and just absolutely ridiculous. According to MEC, we have a better contract than US East (except of the pay parity of 1-10 yr F/A) and they would only accept a fence if the company would give them their pension back. Stuff like that! If this is the case, East and west F/As should just have seperate contracts until the next contract and not even bother with integrating them until us east expires. 'Cause I'd rather have my current contract at Us west and enjoy my 35 days of vacation, my pay protection, my flexibility, ground holding pay, full dead head pay etc. than being shoved by the crazy contract that US east have .

Your DOH is your DOH. There will be NO adjusted seniority for bidding. Longevity is different and involves pay & vacation. Just because you were on furlough for 4 years doesn't mean that alters your DOH bidding seniority. Someone can have 5 years bidding seniority with 1 yeah longevity credit under the pay scale.

Your DOH is your DOH. There will be NO adjusted seniority for bidding. Longevity is different and involves pay & vacation. Just because you were on furlough for 4 years doesn't mean that alters your DOH bidding seniority. Someone can have 5 years bidding seniority with 1 yeah longevity credit under the pay scale.

Thank YOU very much I guess they will see when people start popping up - even though I am sure they will say - No its not in "our contract" you only get the years of service you were on duty... etc.... etc... As long as I get my bidding position I am cool ... and I WILL! ALONG with EVERYONE ELSE ON FURLOUGH.... I just hope they come to terms with reality it will make it much easier on them... I truthfully would rather be in PHL anyway... but I will hold a much better line in PHX compared to a crappy reserve line in PHL ... after I am bumped up... which shouldn't take very long especially if they get the 190's who knows i may be bumped up in six months to my six years of doh seniority ... man that would be nice!! It will all work out though .... and good luck to us all!! EAST and WEST!!!

We shall see, this is one of those things that are being discussed. I just finished a trip and heard that talks between US east and US west are not doing well because of the demands of US east. The demands are just way off and just absolutely ridiculous. According to MEC, we have a better contract than US East (except of the pay parity of 1-10 yr F/A) and they would only accept a fence if the company would give them their pension back. Stuff like that! If this is the case, East and west F/As should just have seperate contracts until the next contract and not even bother with integrating them until us east expires. 'Cause I'd rather have my current contract at Us west and enjoy my 35 days of vacation, my pay protection, my flexibility, ground holding pay, full dead head pay etc. than being shoved by the crazy contract that US east have .
Well I know that they are not using the pension thing as a bargaining tool for the transition agreement! Besides a transition agreement (as it has been explained to me) is not going to be a contract for all of US. It is just the agreement that we have while operating separately and includes stuff like the fence, furlough recalls, and other stuff like transfers, etc. It is NOT the contract for the combined carrier. They (East MEC, West MEC, and the company) are starting the process of negotiating for a combined contract this week. To be honest I think the negotiating process for a contract for the combined flight attendant group is going to take awhile.

Back