Pretzels Coming Back.

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
Pretzels to Return

The day’s other big US Airways news: Pretzels are coming back.

After the airline merges with America West later this month, the company will again offer free bags of pretzels in coach throughout its network, America West spokesman Philip Gee said Friday.

US Airways pulled pretzels from flights Sept. 1 in a cost-cutting move. On Thursday, America West CEO Doug Parker, who will lead the airline, told senior executives he wanted pretzels back on board.

Gee was not certain when the pretzels would return. It could take a few weeks to re-establish the airline’s pretzel-distribution infrastructure, he said. -- TONY MECIA

US Airways pulled pretzels from flights Sept. 1 in a cost-cutting move. On Thursday, America West CEO Doug Parker, who will lead the airline, told senior executives he wanted pretzels back on board.

looks like someone is already starting to fix old usair retarded decisions.

etops1 said:

[post="302070"][/post]​

At least Parker knows what "dough" is important to customers.

Perhaps we should call the bankrupcy judge retarded since he doesn't understand what dough is important.

Okay lets bring the pretzels back. But please take off those disgusting pillows and blankets.

I have eaten my body weight in pretzels several times over. Even if it saved a nickel they can have those disgusting card-board tasting things.

Now bring back the peanuts!!!

i think we should sell pillows and blankets for $5:00. have a prepackaged set of a pillow and blanket .( nice ones) and sell them at the boarding area. reiterate that there are no pillows and blankets onboard the a/c . the only ones available are the ones for sale. people will buy them trust me. if not, well they had a choice. also they are able to keep them for use on a future flt.

Revolutions said:
I have eaten my body weight in pretzels several times over. Even if it saved a nickel they can have those disgusting card-board tasting things.

Now bring back the peanuts!!!
[post="302095"][/post]​

I sorta liked the Sky Mix myself, Other airlines still pass out the peanuts.
Maybe we will too again since america west does.

Why anybody would want a pillow and blanket that has been used by many other people, for god knows how long, and then get upset they can't have it is beyond me. LOL.

that's why we should sell them . prepackaged, brand new, and clean.

etops1 said:

[post="302070"][/post]​

Let's send George Bush a box of new US Airways pretzels! :lol:

It was just so embarassing to go through with the removal of the pretzels. Someone should have checked with Hp management before following through. I look forward to the new management team :up:

barbeetantrums said:
Let's send George Bush a box of new US Airways pretzels! :lol:
[post="302122"][/post]​
At HP we rotate pretzels, roasted peanuts, and honey roasted peanuts in the main cabin, FC gets a mix with almonds, cheese sticks and seasame sticks.

PhillyFlyGuy said:
It was just so embarassing to go through with the removal of the pretzels. Someone should have checked with Hp management before following through. I look forward to the new management team :up:
[post="302138"][/post]​

There have been serveral moves the old US Airways made that really made me wonder what Doug thought of them. Clearly he did not approve removing the pretzels based on his quick public annoucement that they were to return. We can speculate, but at this point it just doesn't matter :D

hp-csr-phx said:
At HP we rotate pretzels, roasted peanuts, and honey roasted peanuts in the main cabin, FC gets a mix with almonds, cheese sticks and seasame sticks.
[post="302139"][/post]​
I hope we do that. I understand why they took the nuts away..but..they need to bring them back.

hp-csr-phx said:
[post="302139"][/post]​

Just keep the US snack basket up front. Given other changes, I think that's one staple that US preferreds would miss the most.

Back