Primaris Airlines

All I can say is this: Its a nice website.

The concept seems sound... The problem is whether or not this segment of the market exists anymore and whether or not they are willing to pay enough for Primaris to be profitable. The very high-end of this market is moving towards fractional ownership and the low-end really are price-sensitive, due to the fact we are talking about middle management travel (again, at the low-end of Primaris' target market). The middle of the spectrum is small business owners, and CEO's, movie stars, etc. There is probably a market for this, but I think it is quite small.

And I won't even discuss some of the logistical issues (like slots and route authorities for NYC and London).

The "unlimited" carry-on items is interesting too... Seems like a good idea, but this means dragging all you bags through security, plus, what about the items that you cannot take through security. And someone will bring an item will be to big to safely stow... Obviously, there are limits to this interesting marketing item (and its a good idea... it will appeal to business types).

In looking at their business model, I must confess to a degree of skepticism in the short term.

Just as one example...using 2x2 configuration on a 737 means that, even before accounting for pitch changes, each seat takes 50% more "real estate." Compare this to the DC-9-based configuration of Midwest, where there's only a 20% real estate "penalty."

I have been a proponent of the business-focused approach for a while, and I'm glad that they're trying it out. I think, however, that they're overestimating their ability to profitably serve this demographic at the service level they're planning to supply.

whatkindoffreshhell said:
JI Guy -- actually this Primaris is following the model of another successful airline, PrivatAir, who has been running craft from EWR-MUC w/ LH and appealing to the cream pax.
[post="194617"][/post]​

PrivatAir isn't actually selling the seats themselves; they are merely supplying the aircraft and crew to Lufthansa. The flights have LH flight numbers, and Lufthansa actually sells the seats. The routes used to be operated by LH aircraft and crews, but economy class demand was not sufficient to continue using widebody equipment.

whlinder said:
Primaris has updated their website. They look like they could be a thorn in jetBlue or Continental's side and I guess are going to try to start operations this year.

http://www.primarisairlines.com
[post="258206"][/post]​

If my memory serves me correctly, Mark Morris tried this once before....it was called AIR ONE. It didnt work then.

Some of the management are the ones responsible for the National Airlines free spending disaster.

I worked with a few at HP.

These guys have no chance, those that fail to learn from the past are destined to repeat them.

Or something like that.

Anyone can build a nice website and make claims that they will fly new aircraft. The bunch running Primaris are dreaming. Show me the money and lots of it, then I will believe they have a chance. :shock:

For the poster who said that Jetblue should watch out...........FOR WHAT? I don't exactly think an all business class airline will go after the same passengers that JB markets to. :shock:

Latest posts