New Airline?

atlflyer

Jul 14, 2005
Hey guys...I was just wondering if anyone on here has heard anything about "Sky Express Airways" (http://www.skyexpress.us)I stumbled onto their site somehow and they have no info on it what so ever besides a list of destinations.

Well...if anyone knows anything just leave a reply or somethin...

- John

No info here, looks like every mid to large US city and a bunch of leisure markets is what they're considering...

YNGAirport said:
Very Interesting. Is this a scam or something? Something tells me this is bogus because you think on one of these airport website's they'd have somethin on it.
[post="281919"][/post]​

Well...when jetBlue was forming or heck...even primaris...did airports have anything on their websites....I THINK NOT!!! (jetBlue was not created in 2 years like most people think....it started way back in 1992.)

I AM A BELIEVER!!! I emailed them for some info::

Email i got today from them..

Sur,

Sky Express Airways is a West Palm Beach, Florida-based "new-entrant" airline dedicated to giving all travelers the best overall value for their traveling dollar. Our airline is dedicated to a simple but equally radical concept in comfort, reliability and overall airline service. We are an airline with all the seating room you could imagine, no overbooking, a simple, reasonable fare structure, excellent in-flight entertainment – in short, true service with a smile. SKYEXPRESS.US, once up and running, will be dedicated to introducing you to Sky Express Airways and our vision for how our passenger airline will be run.

Our Planes: As of this moment, Sky Express officially says that it will operate the Boeing 737-700 with 120 seats which comes out to about 35 to 37 inch seat pinch...or so I'm told. Sky Express unofficially says that it will never operate the Boeing 737-700 and will wait on its new more efficient replacement which is in the works but will not be made public for some time.

Outlook: At the moment, we are in the process of getting everything trademarked, servicemarked, and copyrighted. The company will incorporate when 100 million in capital has been raised.

Etc...:
+ Our route structure will consist of lots of point to point with a major focus on the Florida markets. It's our goal to steal the title of "Official Airline of Florida" from AirTran.
+ Each city serviced will have at least 3 departing and 3 arriving flights daily. All flights are planned to be daily.
+ Our average ticket price will be set at around $100. We are aware that the current low-fare airlines average a lower ticket price but here is what we will give you that they won't: 35-37 inches of pinch, Satellite TV and Radio, internet connectivity at every seat, reliable and frequent airline service, and friendly crewmembers (and we really mean that), and Airport Entertainment (i.e. bands, comedians, and whatnot).
+ It is our goal to return flying to the way it used to be. Every passenger will be treated like royalty, so to speak, because if it were not for the passengers we would not exist. However, we will not wear the elegant uniforms of the past because they are so expensive, uncomfortable and extremely hot.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask! And, if you have any comments or suggestions feel free to speak up!

May Your Skies Be Blue,

Joan

People Person

Sky Express Airways

http://skyexpress.us
SPREAD THE WORD....A REVOLUTION IS COMING!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome!

West Plam Beach....kinda smart if you ask me...its the only Florida airport that actually has room!

I'm holding my breath. ;)
Sounds like someone is dreaming long term. Maybe they will be able to work Oneida and The Coast at some of their locations to help give those cheap fares.

tadjr said:
Maybe they will be able to work Oneida and The Coast at some of their locations to help give those cheap fares.
[post="281950"][/post]​

huh? what's oneida and the coast?

Sorry for the old vague reference, but they were both carriers with grandiose plans of start up that have fallen by the wayside. Oneidas website is not active and I can no longer find anything for the Coast at all. Oneida was supposed to be based in SYR and "The Coast" based in Portland. There is another one whose website is still up and running Crystal, but the last press release is from 2003.

CRYSTAL AIRWAYS http://www.crystalairways.com
Crystal claims it is raising even more money than JetBlue and company president Tim Rivers is promising a "corporate boardroom in the sky." Among the amenities on the all-business-class Boeing 757s: 2x2 seating with 42 inches of seat pitch. The enthusiastic Rivers, who has worked at four airlines, says fares will be about 40 percent below existing coach prices. Crystal hopes to launch before summer with flights from Baltimore-Washington to San Diego and San Jose.

ONEIDA AIRLINES
Upstate New York is home to some of America's most important corporations and a thicket of important research and manufacturing facilities (think Kodak, Xerox, General Electric and Corning), yet the region is plagued by sparse airline schedules and incredibly high fares. Oneida hopes to plug the gap with low-fare flights from Syracuse to cities such as Chicago and Pittsburgh as well as service to Florida. The company originally planned to launch on May 1, but now hopes to begin operation toward the end of the year.

This has got to be my favorite part of the reply from Joan.
Our Planes: As of this moment, Sky Express officially says that it will operate the Boeing 737-700 with 120 seats which comes out to about 35 to 37 inch seat pinch...or so I'm told. Sky Express unofficially says that it will never operate the Boeing 737-700 and will wait on its new more efficient replacement which is in the works but will not be made public for some time.
So is she "officially or unoffically" speaking and associated with Sky Express? Also since they're waiting for a plane that is in the works and not even public yet, it seems like they are planning way for the future. Seems like someone with credibility would not post something like this, even if true. Also, she is going to work for the airline and doesnt even know about seat PITCH, not pinch unless thats their cute way of taking a shot at other carriers seating. Just kinda makes you shake your head and go huh? :unsure:

tadjr said:
Sounds like someone is dreaming long term. Maybe they will be able to work Oneida and The Coast at some of their locations to help give those cheap fares.
[post="281950"][/post]​
I agree completely; it sounds like a southern version of Oneida. I see problems aplenty here, not the least of which is the small matter of raising the 100 million bucks they say they need to incorporate. With the airline industry losing billions of dollars, U and UA in bankruptcy, FlyI, Delta, NWA teetering on the edge of bankruptcy, fuel prices remaining stubbornly high, how do you feel about investing in a new airline that's going to try to break into the Florida market, one of the most competitive markets in the country that already has no shortage of LCCs? :blink:

Thanks for telling me what cost and oneida are....or "were"...or whatever.

Well guys...only time will tell who's right about these new start ups....I think we will all be suprised. You know, in order to level off at an assigned altitude or turn onto final approach you have to lead the arresting of the assent and you have to lead the turn because if you try to arrest the assent or turn exactly at your assigned altitude or at the exact moment when you should be lined up for final you'll over shoot. Maybe they're just leading the curve?...leading the industry openings.

...just my two cents.

- John

realtime said:
This is a paper airline. The CEO is a college student.
[post="285598"][/post]​
Don't discount such people off hand. Remember this ...

From the Small Business Administration's website:

Back in the early 1970s, a graduate student at an Ivy League business school wrote a paper proposing the creation of an overnight shipping company based out of a central, climate-friendly location. He proposed that company would promise its customers that it could deliver a package anywhere in the United States within 24 hours.

Frederick W. Smith’s professor in the course gave him a “Dâ€￾ on the paper.

But in April 1973, Smith started Federal Express anyway. Ten years later, it became the first company in U.S. history to reach $1 billion in revenues within a decade of start-up. And today, FedEx has nearly 185,000 workers worldwide. Annual revenues this year are expected to exceed $22 billion.

(The rest of the article is available at the SBA website link above.)

Latest posts