PSA F/O's Screwed Again

ALPA, for some reason that still mystifies me, released that scope language. In exchange they simply asked (in their one pathetic attempt at misguided loyalty) that furloughed pilots be hired to fly some of those aircraft.

One significant reason is the inherent conflict of interest in representing both the regional and the mainline. ALPA owes a duty to fairly represent both sides of the coin, which is absurd. Imagine a lawyer being both the prosecutor and the defense attorney.

I suppose another reason is the same as what is infecting most other national unions: good old fashioned "I got mine and am sitting pretty in my nice union job and nice car allowance and nice housing allowance so let's not rock the boat..." leadership. (Leadership....to associate that word with what goes on at ALPA national is bastardizing the word but I can't think of another term to use.)

"ALPA, for some reason that still mystifies me, released that scope language."

It was that or watch the senior guys loose everything. Furlough the Jr guys and try to get them job, or let the airline die.

"ALPA, for some reason that still mystifies me, released that scope language."

It was that or watch the senior guys loose everything. Furlough the Jr guys and try to get them job, or let the airline die.
Which in turn "saved" PSA and PDT, because without Airways, they would have been in the same burial plot along side those "gods".

Back