PTO's NWA Scab Career...

. I was about to just pull the whole row and MEL it when
Would have liked to have seen that one!! Been around a long time and cannot recall where you can just remove a row of seats for an MEL? I have removed armrests, seatbacks, trays,blocked entire rows, ect, but never removed an entire row!! Legroom for the affected passengers would be sweet!!

I was about to just pull the whole row and MEL it when another mechanic showed up to provide assistance. With him working the fwd leg and me working the aft we were able to get it seated and locked in. I called control to resume boarding, cleared the logbook and called it maintenance ready. The aircraft received a eighteen minute delay but it went to the previous flight crew for not contacting In-Range or sending the write-ups via ACARS. All in all a good day, boy I am going to miss those high-pressure moments.
1.I was about to just pull the whole row and MEL it
1a. Do you know what weight and balance is????

2.when another mechanic showed up to provide assistance.
2a. When you got the seat row locked into place was the seat pitch per the cabin configuration.(per WEIGHT AND BALANCE???????

Sometimes little things can make you lose time at work or your lic. :shock:

What flight was that at NWA and what Station?????? :ph34r:

leg rooom is nice!
but to blame the other crew for not callin in range. wow. may be their acars worked so well they had to make an emergence landing just for you to fix the acars! :p :lol:

Would have liked to have seen that one!! Been around a long time and cannot recall where you can just remove a row of seats for an MEL? I have removed armrests, seatbacks, trays,blocked entire rows, ect, but never removed an entire row!! Legroom for the affected passengers would be sweet!!
Seen the new placard?
SCAB%20inop%20placard.jpg

This thread was thoroughly enjoyable. It read like a novel I would have purchased at Borders. PTO's challenge to an employee & the HR saga of PTO's hopes of getting is co-worker canned, but the unexpected turn of events leading to his pending termination, with PTO ultimately keeping his job :down: and turning into a management tool singling out co-workers that don't meet his (and their) expectations.

Has anybody every seen somebody MEL an entire row of seats & yank them out during the middle of the day? Yeah, the legroom would have been nice, but isn't it just much easier to block the row of seats off, advise the gate agent and then NW's systems control equivalent for flts later in the day & just fix them at the end of the day if the aircraft overnights at a mtc station? I've seen that at least a half a dozen times when I worked in PHL.

I no longer work in the airline industry, but can proudly say I haven't stepped foot on an NWA plane since SCABs came on board and I don't plan on doing so until the strike is properly settled, even if that means never flying a red tail again.

Say it's so...JOE!

I also refuse to fly on SCABAIRWAYS. The combination of union busting (AMFA mechanics) and the Narita nightmare NW created for me are just too much.

The USA will be better off when NW sinks like a brick.

...but isn't it just much easier to block the row of seats off, advise the gate agent and then NW's systems control equivalent for flts later in the day & just fix them at the end of the day if the aircraft overnights at a mtc station? I've seen that at least a half a dozen times when I worked in PHL.
You would leave an unsecured row of seats in an aircraft loaded with passengers. What do you think would happen to that row of seats during an aborted take-off or hard landing? Sorry Joe but I'm not leaving a row of unsecured seats in the hopes that they might stay in place till the next overnight. If the seats couldn't be secured either they are coming out and NWA will just have to lose three revenue seats or delay the aircraft till they are fixed no matter how long it took. But to kick the bird out with an unsecured row of seats is out of the question.

Still would like to see the MEL/CDL where it states it OK to remove the entire row of seats and fly it that way? I would assume the aircraft sits until it is fixed.

pto i would have to imagine that if you remove a row of 3 seats, it would have an advers affect on weight and balance. which makes it harder for the dispatch/ops control center to send out the release and how to load the plane. if you mel the row and tape it off thats one thing but to remove it?

pto i would have to imagine that if you remove a row of 3 seats, it would have an advers affect on weight and balance. which makes it harder for the dispatch/ops control center to send out the release and how to load the plane. if you mel the row and tape it off thats one thing but to remove it?
I was thinking the same thing in regards to w and B. Just for Sh@ts and giggles I will try and research this when I get back Tuesday.