pwm mainline changing

I'd be interested in confirmation on this, too.

The poor folks at the PWM station have really taken it on the chin these past five years or so. There are still a few of the old US East mainline folks working the front lines at PWM and they've had the life whipped out of them. If this conversion to "PI" is true, then I feel especially sad for all of them.

Piedmont just announced they are taking over the PWM ramp. I wonder if they are eventually taking over all the cities that were furloughed in 2005?

Some outsourcing company. Are there any other new cities that EN is taking over the ramp. I have a friend that wants to transfer out of CLT. Let us know!!!!

Right now it's a company called Northeast Air running the ramp. They took it over back when the ramp was contracted out.

I'd be interested in confirmation on this, too.

If this conversion to "PI" is true, then I feel especially sad for all of them.
If CWA is ever the authorized representative for Piedmont agnets watch out for stations going express. A deal will be made

Has anyone heard anything about Piedmont taking over PWM?
So based on who is currently handling the ramp, PWM isn't losing Mainline to EN at all. Mainline has already been lost back in 2005 with 20+ other stations. No big news here, just one contract vendor switching to another. I am a bit curious as to how long the CWA can hang onto the inside work in some of these smaller stations. I know that they have Mainline employees is some stations that have NO Mainline flights at all. Is there some type of a time limit in the CBA that protects this work until a given date, or is it for the full length of the agreement?

So based on who is currently handling the ramp, PWM isn't losing Mainline to EN at all. Mainline has already been lost back in 2005 with 20+ other stations. No big news here, just one contract vendor switching to another. I am a bit curious as to how long the CWA can hang onto the inside work in some of these smaller stations. I know that they have Mainline employees is some stations that have NO Mainline flights at all. Is there some type of a time limit in the CBA that protects this work until a given date, or is it for the full length of the agreement?
Like I said a deal will be made

PWM was one of those stations that were converted to a "Mainline Express" station for inside and contracted out for outside. It wasn't until not too long ago that the title of mainline express was eliminated and the agents were brought back up to mainline pay scales , but all the original agents who were there prior to mainline express are probably gone unless they chose to stay at reduced mainline express pay rather than displace. Some other stations that got mainline expressed were BTV & CLE while others got completely expressed like SDF,LEX,CHA,ABE,AVP.

MLE still exists as a classification for stations. While the payscales (minus the USD 0.25/hr "customer contact premium") and vacation benefits are now the same, there are still some differences pertaining to furlough benefits. The MLE stations that have all express flights still handle 70/86 seat aircraft. "Pure express" stations are limited (with some exceptions) to 50 seaters and below.

Just to correct you a bit here, ABE & AVP are not fully Expressed. The inside agents were MLE until HP did away with that classification, and at that time they went back to regular Mainline employees at the standard rate of pay. On the other hand, the IAM threw the MLE fleet workers under the bus with the "outsourcing" language in their CBA. For a VERY short time the ramp people went from MLE to a class 2 station before losing their jobs. The ramp in both of these cities is now handled by EN. I'm not sure if this is the same situation in any of the other stations that you listed. To the best of my knowledge, all of the former MLE stations still retain Mainline employees on the inside. There were only a few of these stations, while others went all Express at an earlier date.

MLE still exists as a classification for stations. While the payscales (minus the USD 0.25/hr "customer contact premium") and vacation benefits are now the same, there are still some differences pertaining to furlough benefits. The MLE stations that have all express flights still handle 70/86 seat aircraft. "Pure express" stations are limited (with some exceptions) to 50 seaters and below.
You are so right mainline express classification is alive and well in CWA contract.
USAirways went down that road once they will go down it again

Latest posts