Redefining excellence

Did anyone see the article in the Dallas Morning News about this program, and if so, what did you think?

Seconds count for Southwest
Southwest races the stopwatch to speed up service and raise profit

By SUZANNE MARTA
Dallas Morning News
Sunday, May 6, 2007

Equipped with stopwatches and clipboards, teams of Southwest Airlines Co. employees are moving into the carrier's largest airports to time almost everything workers do, from helping passengers use a ticketing kiosk to pushing wheelchairs down the jet bridge.They're also tracking how long customers wait for boarding passes, flights and luggage, and how well flights stay on schedule.

Link to the text-only version of the article reprinted on californiaaviation.org

Did anyone see the article in the Dallas Morning News about this program, and if so, what did you think?

Seconds count for Southwest
Southwest races the stopwatch to speed up service and raise profit

By SUZANNE MARTA
Dallas Morning News
Sunday, May 6, 2007
I think this might have the reverse affect in DAL. Being so close to HQ and they can actually see the day to day effect this process is having. Maybe the execs can say whoa!!!! without admitting that a mistake was made. Yes I say mistake just look at the DOT stats that were published today. #11 in baggage handling. Allot of these blown up numbers are from LAS and the processes that have been implemented in the bag room. C'mon people I take pride in my company but these numbers are unacceptable!!! :angry:

Back