Republicans (including Sen. John Cornyn) disagree with Ted Cruz

southwind said:
Are you talking.about this NSA?

"Bush-Era NSA Director Says Obama 'Expanded' Surveillance Programs!"
"
The former director of the US National Security Agency has indicated that surveillance programs have "expanded" under Barack Obama's time in office and said the spy agency has more powers now than when he was in command."

http://www.businessinsider.com/bush-era-nsa-director-says-obama-expanded-surveillance-programs-2013-6

Like I said back when the Patriot Act was introduced, debated and passed in 3 days....when you crack the door for the "good guys" to trample rights, you make it REALLY easy for the "bad guys" to kick it in.  Obama did nothing more than what the Patriot Act allowed him to do.  But when anybody was warned about that..."If you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about".   I really hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. 

"Like I said back when the Patriot Act was introduced, debated and passed in 3 days....when you crack the door for the "good guys" to trample rights, you make it REALLY easy for the "bad guys" to kick it in."

Exactly

Yet another Bush/GOP/NeoCon colossal failure, this one a full frontal attack on the citizens' rights sold as a way to "keep the people safe".

Conservative values my monkey laden butt.

It was nothing less than power hungry politicians peddling fear in order to once again transfer power from the people to the government, and further erode the freedoms of the citizens.

It started with Adams, got really rolling with Lincoln, and been accelerating exponentially since.

It is what governments do.

As always, the "conservatives" amongst us reliably lead the charge in giving it away for free.

To return to Cruz

If you think your freedoms and liberties are at risk now, just give Ted The Anointed One and his fellow dominionimsts a shot at the White House

You ain't seen nothin' yet, if that happens.

Most dangerous man in the room, if you believe in freedom.

Ifly2 said:
They were also lied to by the administration, but thank you for confirming that Rat was wrong

So now you need a list of all the global leaders who also signed on to the intel as being accurate?

delldude said:

So now you need a list of all the global leaders who also signed on to the intel as being accurate?
Eduador
Lichtenstein
Bulgaria
Costa Rica
Bali
New Guinea

All the world powerhouses. 

KCFlyer said:

Like I said back when the Patriot Act was introduced, debated and passed in 3 days....when you crack the door for the "good guys" to trample rights, you make it REALLY easy for the "bad guys" to kick it in.  Obama did nothing more than what the Patriot Act allowed him to do.  But when anybody was warned about that..."If you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about".   I really hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. 

Ifly2 said:
"Like I said back when the Patriot Act was introduced, debated and passed in 3 days....when you crack the door for the "good guys" to trample rights, you make it REALLY easy for the "bad guys" to kick it in."

Exactly

Yet another Bush/GOP/NeoCon colossal failure, this one a full frontal attack on the citizens' rights sold as a way to "keep the people safe".

Conservative values my monkey laden butt.

It was nothing less than power hungry politicians peddling fear in order to once again transfer power from the people to the government, and further erode the freedoms of the citizens.

It started with Adams, got really rolling with Lincoln, and been accelerating exponentially since.

It is what governments do.

As always, the "conservatives" amongst us reliably lead the charge in giving it away for free.

I'll give you Libtards this, you've got an excuse for "EVERYTHING"!

delldude said:

Actually, no he couldn't. His left fringe base was threatening to withhold campaign cash.

I don't think that was his primary concern.

delldude said:
Bush is/was no less competent than any other CIC who learned and dealt rather quickly with things that come through the door. 

Quickly?  Bush had plenty of time to make up his mind on Iraq.  The problem was he surrounded himself with sycophants and hacks who told him what he wanted to hear.  And anyone who might of said otherwise was pushed aside.

delldude said:
Be thankful we aren't in anything heavy now....

Your right.  Obama probably won't invade a country based on BS.  Think of the consequences.  Lives not lost, money not spent.  The horror.

South

How was that an excuse for anything?

Look at the history of government and government programs

There you will find precisely why the Patriot Act, which was a massive power grab peddled to the fearful so they could "feel safer", was bound to only ever become more intrusive and encompassing

Actually, also, Obama did still back parts off it

Not enough tho

Ifly2 said:
To return to Cruz

If you think your freedoms and liberties are at risk now, just give Ted The Anointed One and his fellow dominionimsts a shot at the White House

You ain't seen nothin' yet, if that happens.

Most dangerous man in the room, if you believe in freedom.

Unless you like bacon.

Last edited by a moderator:
delldude said:
oBama was an absent voting state senator at that time, however a whole bunch of his future comrades helped out.

Huffpo:

Here are the Democratic Senators who voted YEA on October 2002.
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Breaux (D-LA), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Carnahan (D-MO), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Cleland (D-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Daschle (D-SD), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Edwards (D-NC), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hollings (D-SC), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Miller (D-GA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Torricelli (D-NJ), Yea

You still don't seem to understand that in the end it's the president who sign the order.  

And his cronies that controlled the flow of information and cooked the intelligence to force it to support what they had already decided to do

And yes, when you say " We have reports that _____," and you already know that those reports have already been discredited or were provided by what your own people call "the drunk Arab", it is peddling fear and lying and that is what they did.

777 fixer said:

You still don't seem to understand that in the end it's the president who sign the order.  

Not hard to do with all those patriots patting Georgie on the back, eh?

Back