Results Of Flight Attendant Recall

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
Final results on the recall of 390 furloughed flight attendants...

352 accepted the recall
33 declined
5 no response.

Interesting that the company said that they expected a 10% "refusal". That they really only needed about 350. That's why they had no plans to call any additional f/a's if any refused.

I'm actually surprised that many wanted to comeback to the torture chamber at AA.

Do you really think its that bad? I am still here, enjoying my job, even getting by on this crappy reserve month. I think the three nundred plus feel like I do. They love what they do and, are looking forward to returning.

can you be happy about anything wrx. For gods sake 352 of your felow co workers are back to work and all you have is negative things to say

wrx said:
I'm actually surprised that many wanted to comeback to the torture chamber at AA.
This person is neither happy with the company or the union leadership. You have to wonder about this posters self-esteem if they stay in a situation where nothing makes them happy. God help us all when the MARLINS win the world series!

I'm certainly happy that people who love what they do have chosen to come back. If one remains in a "Torture chamber" of their own free will then they are the one with the problem. The grass is not greener on the outside.

operaations said:
can you be happy about anything wrx. For gods sake 352 of your felow co workers are back to work and all you have is negative things to say
For some unexplained reason, wrx would have preferred that AA cancel the voluntary leave of 390 (or 352) FAs rather than call back furloughed FAs.

Nothing seems to make that person happy.

FA Mikey said:
Do you really think its that bad? I am still here, enjoying my job, even getting by on this crappy reserve month. I think the three nundred plus feel like I do. They love what they do and, are looking forward to returning.
Mikey,

These flight attendants coming back on the line have never worked under these new brutal conditions. They will soon learn that it's a hell hole. If you keep saying that the conditions are not bad, then we will never get back to what it was pre 9/11!

MiAAmi, if the Marlins win then they deserve it. It will show they wanted it more then the best team in baseball.

To the rest of you who posted after Mikey...YAWN!
yawn.gif

What brutal conditions, no crew meals, which were seldom eaten anyway? Is it the lack of 24 hour plus layovers? I am having a better time at work and more time off at home, than ever before. The hardest trip I have worked under the new rules was a reassignment on reserve that took me through four cities from CCS to LAX.

Jeeze wrx, not everyone is being brutalized as you suggest. As Mikey hints, some people even like the new rules because they get more time at home. Imagine that!b

This guy wrx reminds me of a pilot union rep many years ago (during the good times) who COULD NOT bear to see a group of pilots standing around smiling, or actually enjoying their job.

He could not leave the room without “explainingâ€￾ why they should be miserable instead of happy.

Maybe, they’re related!

Randy Kramer
:rolleyes:

wrx said:
Mikey,

These flight attendants coming back on the line have never worked under these new brutal conditions. They will soon learn that it's a hell hole. If you keep saying that the conditions are not bad, then we will never get back to what it was pre 9/11!

MiAAmi, if the Marlins win then they deserve it. It will show they wanted it more then the best team in baseball.

To the rest of you who posted after Mikey...YAWN!
yawn.gif
I'm sure that the f/a's returning have stayed in touch with their other working f/a friends and are well aware of the bid sheet and all the changes that have occured post 9/11 and the MAY 03. If your agenda is to put a negative spin on everything at AA and APFA we got it already. We understand that you don't like the "new" AA. If things were so bad then I think we would be seeing a mass exodus and I would not be sitting here defending the job on a Friday night. I have to agree with you that things are not like they were. I think we would all be fooling ourselves to think that they ever will be again. Remember the glamour days of aviation, well they are gone. Our generation dealt with the Frequent Flyer and the Business traveler paying premium for AA over the low cost carrier. Now those days are a changing. Either you get up and move with the changes or move on, because otherwise you become one of those bitter flight attendants that everyone talks about. We still have room for improvement with our contract but until AA gets back to were we need it to be we must bite the bullet until the next negotiations. The one great thing about this job is that its what you make it. Alot of flight attendants at AA make it work for them. Another 350 want to make it work for them as well. If it doesnt work for you, why not let one of the other 6000 furloughed AA flight attendants come back in your place and let it work for them.

GO MARLINS

WELL PUT, MiAAmi.

I don't like the R/A at all but believe it was necessary. The one area I draw the line at is minimum layovers, that is my big fight right now.

It's one thing to have a layover rescheduled to under 9hrs, it's quite another to have a layover sked at 8.49 or 8.31. Especially if your next day is 12+hrs. See the STL bidsheet.

I do wear my union pin because I (and WE) am/are the APFA, not John Ward. IMO, F/As do not see the bigger picture and tend to react very emotionally when upset.

I had a WN ID90 on my LIT flight the other day...FYI, their minimum layover is 10hrs...if it dips to FAA minimum b/c of a resked, they get OVERTIME pay the next day. It's amazing what information is left out.

I've discovered that only AA schedules FAA minimum layovers. The rest (OAs) are "buffers" in case they are "off-schedule". If you can delay a flight by 2 minutes, even if it gains you nothing, do it. If it is reported to the DOT, it matters.

It's simple, if you waited for a van or there was no food, print your HI3 and make notes to the side. If the outbound flight had to be delayed, even better. Drop the HI3 in the APFA lockbox unless you are STL-based. If STL, mail to the APFA. I cannot rave enough about Patty B!

I fly AVBL just so I can "pick and choose". My #1 issue is "how long is the layover?". Anything less than 10hrs means I will be an evil witch to paxs the next day. I cannot fall asleep the minute I arrive and need at least 7hrs of sleep in one night to be functional. If it is an early am sign-in, I need 1hr 30mins to wake up and be pleasant for the outbound. Otherwise, I will be groggy and taciturn. That's just my drama...I'm a night person.

Small steps first!

Coop

extwacaptain said:
This guy wrx reminds me of a pilot union rep many years ago (during the good times) who COULD NOT bear to see a group of pilots standing around smiling, or actually enjoying their job.

He could not leave the room without ?explaining? why they should be miserable instead of happy.

Maybe, they?re related!

Randy Kramer
:rolleyes:
Sorry, I don't associate with anyone who worked for TWA or had anything to do with TWA. If you notice your name has an "ex" in front of it. The reason is because TWA is DEAD! :D

Back