Results Of Flight Attendant Recall

FA Mikey said:
What brutal conditions, no crew meals, which were seldom eaten anyway? Is it the lack of 24 hour plus layovers? I am having a better time at work and more time off at home, than ever before. The hardest trip I have worked under the new rules was a reassignment on reserve that took me through four cities from CCS to LAX.
Mikey,

For someone who is supposed to be pro-union and anti AMR management, you totally contradict yourself. Only if Nikides could see your posts. He speaks highly of you for standing up and fighting for flight attendant rights. Reading your posts, I doubt you do.

wrx said:
Mikey,

These flight attendants coming back on the line have never worked under these new brutal conditions. They will soon learn that it's a hell hole. If you keep saying that the conditions are not bad, then we will never get back to what it was pre 9/11!

MiAAmi, if the Marlins win then they deserve it. It will show they wanted it more then the best team in baseball.

To the rest of you who posted after Mikey...YAWN!
yawn.gif
I’m sorry, get back to “pre 9/11â€￾. You need to back off the meds. That will never happen.

I guess the up side is with you being as bitter as you are with any luck you’ll be dead at 50 because of stress. The down side is that we will all have to put up with your whining till then.

wrx said:
Mikey,

For someone who is supposed to be pro-union and anti AMR management, you totally contradict yourself. Only if Nikides could see your posts. He speaks highly of you for standing up and fighting for flight attendant rights. Reading your posts, I doubt you do.
Well, John should say nice things about me, I gave him a lift to work a few times when he was living here. As for being pro union and anti management, here is a little info for you. Unions, and union members who take stances like that never get anywhere. You have to be open and willing to discuss all options listen and be able to work with the other side. It goes for management too. Managers who are so anti union never move forward and several have lost there job for there stupid mistakes and inability to work with the unions. "T" your problem is your so 100% focused on the negative you never see the positive side of anything. Your posts speak volumes to your attitude. I am 100% union pro employee. I can also work with in management to achieve goals.

wrx said:
Mikey,

These flight attendants coming back on the line have never worked under these new brutal conditions. They will soon learn that it's a hell hole. If you keep saying that the conditions are not bad, then we will never get back to what it was pre 9/11!

To the rest of you who posted after Mikey...YAWN!
yawn.gif
To be accurate, our contractual working conditions didn't change 9/11. You likely meant pre 4/03.

FA Mikey said:
"T" your problem is your so 100% focused on the negative you never see the positive side of anything.
Be careful Mikey, wrx is now going to complain about you to the moderators for assuming who he is.

;)

Im curious now. How similar are the AA fa's new work rules to WN, B6, and FL's FA work rules?

out of curiosity... whatever happened with the lawsuit a group of Flight attendants were bring to court regarding the RA and the APFA vote?

wrx said:
extwacaptain said:
This guy wrx reminds me of a pilot union rep many years ago (during the good times) who COULD NOT bear to see a group of pilots standing around smiling, or actually enjoying their job.

He could not leave the room without ?explaining? why they should be miserable instead of happy.

Maybe, they?re related!

Randy Kramer
:rolleyes:
Sorry, I don't associate with anyone who worked for TWA or had anything to do with TWA. If you notice your name has an "ex" in front of it. The reason is because TWA is DEAD! :D
[edited by moderator]. Randy signs off as EX because he RETIRED. Perhaps you SHOULD associate with him. Maybe some of his class will rub off on you.

TransWorldFirst

hey guys. i don't know if you noticed but we 352 returning did have to endure the stuff that you guys are going through now. who do you think did all those 5am sign ins to do a turn to dfw and sit for 4 hours and 55 min and come back and then get reassigned to do other things? or do you think we were senior enough to get those lovely transcons or do BA all the time. i was jfk for 2 years and i speak more kreyole than most just from getting those 2 hour call outs to do the haiti triangle. also we did do 2 months of the 6 months that you guys did it all. my last two months all i was able to get was the jfk-lax with the 8 hour layover at the holiday inn. by myself! i just felt sorry for you guys with that summer crap!!!!! you guys really are troopers for having to endure that! but i loved that about the job. i liked going out on sju turn just to get reassigned and end up in guatemala city. to me that is what this job is about. but then again....i have no life. lol. once again thanks to all of you who have welcomed us back...even only for a month. it is a month that i am flying. i know this sounds bad but i would kill just to see the inside of ewr.

fliboi78...great post..many of us are excited that at least 352 are coming back...you have a great attitude and I would consider it an honor to fly a trip with you sometime. Best of luck to you and I hope you get to see EWR(among other places)!! :)

Tim

nimbus said:
out of curiosity... whatever happened with the lawsuit a group of Flight attendants were bring to court regarding the RA and the APFA vote?
Our attorneys served APFA and AMR on October 22nd. They have until November 22nd to respond to our complaint. Below is a summary of our complaint filed by the Huron Law Firm.

1) Breach of Contract against the officials of the APFA.

2) Breach of Fiduciary Duty against the officials of the APFA.

3) Conspiracy to Breach of Fiduciary Duty Against AMR.
As AMR was aware of the fiduciary duty between APFA and its members but aided the breach.

4) Breach of Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing against APFA.

5) Breach of Duty of Fair Representation against APFA.

6) Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage against AMR.

7) Interference with Contract against AMR.

8) Declaratory Relief against APFA and AMR seeking a declaration that the Restructuring Participation Agreement is invalid.

9) Injunctive Relief against APFA regarding implementation of the illegally obtained agreement.

The Amended Complaint asks that: An order certifying that the action may be maintained as a class action; that the Restructuring Participation Agreement is not
validly executed as it was achieved through violation of the Constitution and other wrongful conduct; that the APFA is compelled to conduct a new ballot in
conformity with the provisions of the Constitution.

Skyyggoddess said:
Our attorneys served APFA and AMR on October 22nd. They have until November 22nd to respond to our complaint. Below is a summary of our complaint filed by the Huron Law Firm.

1) Breach of Contract against the officials of the APFA.

2) Breach of Fiduciary Duty against the officials of the APFA.

3) Conspiracy to Breach of Fiduciary Duty Against AMR.
As AMR was aware of the fiduciary duty between APFA and its members but aided the breach.

4) Breach of Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing against APFA.

5) Breach of Duty of Fair Representation against APFA.

6) Interference with Prospective Economic Advantage against AMR.

7) Interference with Contract against AMR.

8) Declaratory Relief against APFA and AMR seeking a declaration that the Restructuring Participation Agreement is invalid.

9) Injunctive Relief against APFA regarding implementation of the illegally obtained agreement.

The Amended Complaint asks that: An order certifying that the action may be maintained as a class action; that the Restructuring Participation Agreement is not
validly executed as it was achieved through violation of the Constitution and other wrongful conduct; that the APFA is compelled to conduct a new ballot in
conformity with the provisions of the Constitution.
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Or a union of fools and their money are soon parted. B)

wrx said:
extwacaptain said:
This guy wrx reminds me of a pilot union rep many years ago (during the good times) who COULD NOT bear to see a group of pilots standing around smiling, or actually enjoying their job.

He could not leave the room without ?explaining? why they should be miserable instead of happy.

Maybe, they?re related!

Randy Kramer
:rolleyes:
Sorry, I don't associate with anyone who worked for TWA or had anything to do with TWA. If you notice your name has an "ex" in front of it. The reason is because TWA is DEAD! :D
Then don't respond. Responding is an association of sorts.
Associating with "The Captain" brings nothing but positives so I can see why you wouldn't want to

Back