Retirees filed to be reheard

Don't feel too bad. Us active employees are having a hard time getting on flights. We end up buying tickets if we have to be somewhere very important. With all the upgrades and smaller aircraft flying routes that widebodies flew in the past it becomes a challenge to non rev on popular destinations and major cities. Then you add American Eagle flying routes that were mainline flying it just gets difficult.
You got that right!!!! Then add in the priceline and hotwire deals. Flights that are available the night before are oversold the next day.

IMG_2786.JPG

EBO request to be heard by the Full Court of Appeals has been denied. More info to come soon.

The opinion filed in this case on May 22, 2017, and reported at 857 F.3d 803, is hereby amended. An amended opinion is filed concurrently with this order. With this amendment, the panel has unanimously voted to deny the petition for rehearing. Judges Gould and M. Smith have voted to deny the petition for rehearing en banc, and Judge O’Scannlain has so recommended. The full court has been advised of the petition for rehearing en banc, and no active judge has requested a vote on whether to rehear the matter en banc. Fed. R. App. P. 35. The petition for rehearing and the petition for rehearing en banc are DENIED. No subsequent petitions for rehearing and rehearing en banc may be filed.

Now I believe our last BS waiting game is till October to see if they file with SCOTUS to cry their Boo Hoo Hearts out to.

Ha! Best of luck with that! SCOTUS will not even consider such a trivial matter.

The opinion filed in this case on May 22, 2017, and reported at 857 F.3d 803, is hereby amended. An amended opinion is filed concurrently with this order. With this amendment, the panel has unanimously voted to deny the petition for rehearing. Judges Gould and M. Smith have voted to deny the petition for rehearing en banc, and Judge O’Scannlain has so recommended. The full court has been advised of the petition for rehearing en banc, and no active judge has requested a vote on whether to rehear the matter en banc. Fed. R. App. P. 35. The petition for rehearing and the petition for rehearing en banc are DENIED. No subsequent petitions for rehearing and rehearing en banc may be filed.

Gracias Senior.

July 6, 2017

Dear American Airlines Members:

In May, we provided you an update on the American Airlines equity distribution case indicating that the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit had issued a decision and opinion affirming the decision of the District Court for the Northern District of California in the case of Demetrius v. TWU, dismissing claims that the method adopted by TWU to distribute equity in American Airlines gained in during bankruptcy violated TWU’s duty of fair representation. Last month, we notified you that on June 5, plaintiffs in the case filed papers asking that the Court of Appeals to reconsider its decision.

Yesterday, we learned that the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals rejected the plaintiffs' petition for rehearing in the equity distribution case, with none of the judges in support of rehearing.

Plaintiffs now have until October 3 to ask to U.S. Supreme Court to grant a writ of certiorari and to hear the case. If that is either not filed, or filed and rejected, the case will be over. We must wait for that process to complete before any fund distribution can begin.

In Solidarity,

Mike Mayes

Director, Air Division Transport Workers Union of America AFL-CIO

It looks like we will have to wait until October. I would think it would be a good idea to start the audits and bookkeeping now, as I do not think anyone on here thinks a SCOTUS Appeal is likely. It is past time for this to be over. Thank you to everyone for the updates. I hope this is resolved soon.

I would love to know what the plaintiffs legal fees are, and also, who is paying them.

Not a chance SCOTUS hears this case. Zero chance.