Rumor: Auckland and Abu Dhabi announcement

How do u even know it be a 777? Hell they might use a 787 or even better yet may be theyll put an A-320 w extra fuel tanks under wings quit acting like a know it all bec all u do is make yourself look like a fool

Reactions: 3 people
if it is DFW to AUH, then the 773ER is the only plane in AA's fleet that can make it.

again, other people here said they had doubts.

I raised issues about economics and all hades breaks out.

tell me again who had doubts and who raised actual business issues?

Interesting. Let's look two degrees separated from that...

AB is part owned by EY, and this might be a signal that EY could be heading to codewhoring with AA, and maybe joining oneworld.

Even though QR is in oneworld, perhaps QR and EY realize that teaming up against EK has better long term prospects than continuing to fight EK separately.

And... if EY does joins oneworld, that makes things even more interesting since EY owns a piece of Virgin Australia.

QF is doing codewhoring with EK, and AA just announced their own metal to SYD and now AKL?

Does this perhaps hint that maybe QF is leaving oneworld?

Reactions: 1 person
That is interesting - hadn't thought of that.

Qantas just expanded its codesharing in North America with AA, AS and WS:

Separately, Qantas on Friday announced it would expand its code share agreements with American Airlines, Alaska Airlines and Canada's WestJet to an additional 40 new routes across the US, Canada and Mexico. In total, Qantas will now offer code sharing on over 200 routes covering more than 100 destinations across North America.
http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/qantas-raises-international-fares-by-10-to-200-a-ticket-20151016-gkatqb.html

If AA were to announce a flight to AUH plus an application for an immunized joint venture, then this rumoured new route wouldn't sound so odd.

Reactions: 2 people
It's interesting but not all ownership interests are fully aligned along alliance lines.

Alliance and JV contracts are long term.

the only interesting part is a potential JV between AA and an ME3.

and if it happens, then it raises the question again if dropping TLV was indeed part of it.

WorldTraveler said:
if it is DFW to AUH, then the 773ER is the only plane in AA's fleet that can make it.again, other people here said they had doubts.I raised issues about economics and all hades breaks out.tell me again who had doubts and who raised actual business issues?
A 350.....

will it be ready for service next year on a route that long?

of course, AA has started some Pacific and Brazil routes that have been switched to 787s or will be.

Your point may be valid on a longer term basis.

robbedagain said:
Correct. 787-9s begin delivery in 2016, and if AA is planning to fly to AUH, it won't happen quickly, so it's possible that the route would fly with a 787-9.

Latest posts