SFO and ORD AMT layoffs

I heard 17 AMT's from SFO and 35 from ORD...Is it fact or BS?
29 received 30 day notice yesterday at ORD. :down:

I got out of the industry about 8 weeks ago. Just in time because I would have fit in that group. I was recalled in February and realized I made a huge mistake by going back. I eventually went back to my old job and am much happier. Best of luck to all who remain with AA. I made great friends and met some great aquaintances.

Merry Christmas Title 1

Concessions for Jobs works well again!

Christmas is just not the same at AA without a layoff. Is anyone really surprised about this? The best of luck to my former co-
AMT's at SFO affected by this as well as those being affected throughout the system.

This was the story before I left.... Management was beefing-up manning because ORD was getting the 737 B-Ck back early 2009. I don't know if that is still the plan but, it doesn't appear that way. I think it was very irresponsible but, thet company doesn't care what they do to anyone. Merry Christmas indeed!

well it IS a rumor, no one in ORD has heard of this layoff...........just another bunch of BS to rile people up, get some facts before you write, or better yet quit writing

No rumor. A warn letter was issued because of the layoffs coming out of TULE and MCI. Bumping is expected.

Sounds like a scare tactic by the TWU to sign another concessionary contract. More Doom and Gloom propaganda. Layoffs have always been part of the airline industry. When times are bad the layoffs come and when times are good the recalls and new hires come. Nothing new here.

WARN letters issued for the estimated people who might be affected by MCIE layoffs bump and roll. Its posted on the Local 530 website. :mf_boff: BOHICA!

Then there should be letters going out to people people at other stations as well.

Latest posts