SHARES at CO

Aug 20, 2002
Just a question for CO folks. CO, like US Airways, uses SHARES. Like US, CO has a GUI (or "gooey") overlay of SHARES; I don't know its name. From what I have seen, very few, if any, CO front line users make use of the "gooey" overlay, preferring to use native SHARES.

Is what I have seen typical at CO? How many people use the GUI?

Kudos to CO for gives its employees a choice of how they want to use the system! The counter parts at US do not have a choice and can only its GUI system (laughably called "QIK". It is anything but quick.

Just a question for CO folks. CO, like US Airways, uses SHARES. Like US, CO has a GUI (or "gooey") overlay of SHARES; I don't know its name. From what I have seen, very few, if any, CO front line users make use of the "gooey" overlay, preferring to use native SHARES.

Is what I have seen typical at CO? How many people use the GUI?

Kudos to CO for gives its employees a choice of how they want to use the system! The counter parts at US do not have a choice and can only its GUI system (laughably called "QIK". It is anything but quick.
Finding are they use NATIVE shares

That is what I expected. Most people who have experience with native and GUI systems (be it with Apollo, Sabre, Or SHARES) prefer the former, if given the choice.

GUI's are notoriously slow, since using a GUI requires commands to travel through millions of code created exclusively for the GUI, go to native, then back to GUI. This equals

S L O W

response.

GUI's are notoriously slow, since using a GUI requires commands to travel through millions of code created exclusively for the GUI, go to native, then back to GUI. This equals

S L O W

response.

QIK is easy---you do not need to remember those long entry.....is much easier to do ticket on qik....is a no brainer just read and type Y or N or fill in the blank....I LOVE QIK..

QIK is easy---you do not need to remember those long entry.....is much easier to do ticket on qik....is a no brainer just read and type Y or N or fill in the blank....I LOVE QIK..

Your mileage may vary. That is why I commend CO which, unlike US, lets users choose the interface they prefer. If you like QIK, more power to ya.

Back