Is CO SHARES better than QIK at US

Aug 20, 2002
Those of you who peruse the US board know about issues surrounding the change from Sabre to QIK SHARES. Sure the problem of East kiosks not working got the most attention, but I'd like to ask some questions about SHARES itself.

1. Does CO use QIK or another "clicky" overlay of SHARES anywhere, or just native SHARES?

It seems that most experienced users of native Apollo and Sabre say that they work better then the FASTAIR "clicky" overlay. I'm curious if experience SHARES users have similar feelings.

2. A critique of QIK vs Sabre is that it is much harder to look up schedules, especially for off line or out of the way routings. (Ex: trying to reroute someone going to Nigeria) Does CO SHARES have the same limitations?

3. Does CO native SHARES (or QIK if you have it) get "Busy" or "Timeout" as much as US QIK? (OK that one is hard to answer unless you have worked both)

Those of you who peruse the US board know about issues surrounding the change from Sabre to QIK SHARES. Sure the problem of East kiosks not working got the most attention, but I'd like to ask some questions about SHARES itself.

1. Does CO use QIK or another "clicky" overlay of SHARES anywhere, or just native SHARES?

It seems that most experienced users of native Apollo and Sabre say that they work better then the FASTAIR "clicky" overlay. I'm curious if experience SHARES users have similar feelings.

2. A critique of QIK vs Sabre is that it is much harder to look up schedules, especially for off line or out of the way routings. (Ex: trying to reroute someone going to Nigeria) Does CO SHARES have the same limitations?

3. Does CO native SHARES (or QIK if you have it) get "Busy" or "Timeout" as much as US QIK? (OK that one is hard to answer unless you have worked both)

I have firsthand experience with rebooking on CO in a bad weather situation. I had to actually tell the agent to check AA through STL/DFW, HP through PHX, DL through DFW (at the time), NW through MEM, or UA through DEN. The system couldn't pull up OA flights without designating the connecting city.

Back