The unhappy thread

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Oh well, the "Happy Thread", sadly, did not get as much traction as I had hoped for. I had asked for no negative comments there, but they did slip in. So here is the Unhappy Thread. Let's keep it reasonably civilized, everyone....OK?

To start off: QIK/SHARES! If ever there was a case for cheaper is not always better, here yinz are. There is a world of difference between "almost as good, and a lot cheaper" and "not nearly as good, and only a little less expensive".

Was any sort of quantitative study ever of the greatly increased transaction time in QIK/SHARES? Not just how many more keystrokes, but of how just plain slower it is?

Why not let agents choose between the GUI overlay of QIK vs native SHARES?
(CO does this, just about everyone eschews their GUI overlay in favor of native SHARES.)

But, deep down, it just plain does not work very well. Does anyone know of an experienced Sabre user who actually prefers QIK/SHARES? ( I do not) Both Sabre and SHARES are run by EDS Does anyone truly believe that a deal could not have been worked out with EDS for a better deal on Sabre?

But there are so many things that could have been handled better in the merger. Here yinz are, go for it, in a civilized manner, please.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, when they short your pay, now they tell you they will just pay you the following week. Even if you have direct deposit they will not just transfer the money that day. They will cut you a check and mail it first class US mail or wait the following week and put it in your check. Well it is only 1910. oh, I mean 2010 <_<

They aren't spreading the widebody love out west. The ugly stepchild hub still isn't getting the big birds. Theres no comfort on the old planes (757s) flown out there -_-

Reactions: 2 people
Speaking of unhappy and how ya always seem to feel screwed one way or another around here I have a question. If you are on a flight and every single upgrade has been cleared and there are still first class seats why doesn't US allow the employees to just move up? If your on PHL-FLL for instance is the airline losing money by bringing that employee up front to eat chips and sip a glass of rotgut wine? I can see int'l but on domestic what's the big deal?

Speaking of unhappy and how ya always seem to feel screwed one way or another around here I have a question. If you are on a flight and every single upgrade has been cleared and there are still first class seats why doesn't US allow the employees to just move up? If your on PHL-FLL for instance is the airline losing money by bringing that employee up front to eat chips and sip a glass of rotgut wine? I can see int'l but on domestic what's the big deal?
Management loses their upgrade charge fee

Why did they close PIT?
And why did they move OCC there after cutting over 450 flights, thus reducing quality of the non-rev benefits for more than 500 employees who now compete with hundreds or former crew for what few seats remain! Especially when the deals CLT and PHX were offering US for moving OCC were far more lucrative than what the morons who run Allegheny County could ever dream of offering to keep OCC in their joke of a city!

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts