SkyBus Expansion

They need to add more frquencies on the cities that they already serve.

For instance I was looking at the flights from MCI to CMH and it departs around 10pm. There is no ability to connect to anywhere else so this is all local traffic.

I was also looking at GSO to CMH and the only flight that I could find that you could connect with is the flight to MCI, now granted I did nto check all cicites just most of them so even if there was another flight a GSO passenger could connect with that means there is a total of three possible destinations served. I don't see GSO to CMH traffic being enough to support the flight.

I think they should add more point to point service.

IE. if a flight went from CMH to GSO then onto OAK. or if they flew CMH to MCI then onto BUR. Add more options for the cities they've already invested in by begging service there. Just my two cents for what it's worth.

From what I have read, it seems that they will add 1x more frequency to every market once more metal comes online.

How is skybus doing so far? Anyone know what their loads have been like? It looks like they have been having a hard time staying on schedule. Maybe they are still working out the kinks.

They need to add more frquencies on the cities that they already serve.

For instance I was looking at the flights from MCI to CMH and it departs around 10pm. There is no ability to connect to anywhere else so this is all local traffic.

They don't want connecting traffic though. In fact, if you wish to make a connection on Skybus you have to buy two separate tickets and claim any checked bags at CMH and then re-check them for the next flight. Sort of like what WN used to have to do out of DAL...

Some of their departure times are ridiculous though. I can't imagine many people (other than the ones paying the really cheap fare) wanting to travel from MCI to CMH at 1030pm.

Some of their departure times are ridiculous though. I can't imagine many people (other than the ones paying the really cheap fare) wanting to travel from MCI to CMH at 1030pm.

They do this to get more use out of their Greyhounds air planes.

They are adding a second daily FLL. Their current CMH-FLL is booked through the fall. I am sure it is their most popular destination.

WN has ding fares for $19 on routes SX serves too (which is only $2 more than the $10 fare on SX when you factor in 1 checked bag + 1 soda).

We landed in Burbank yesterday (6/24) while SkyBus was taxiing out. We turned our plane in about 20 minutes and taxied back out to runway 15, where SkyBus was still sitting. As we got cleared for takeoff the Skybus 319 made a u-turn and headed back to the gate.

I think it was a mechanical reason.

We landed in Burbank yesterday (6/24) while SkyBus was taxiing out. We turned our plane in about 20 minutes and taxied back out to runway 15, where SkyBus was still sitting. As we got cleared for takeoff the Skybus 319 made a u-turn and headed back to the gate.

I think it was a mechanical reason.

Hence my motto:

If ain't Boeing, I'm not going!

They are adding a second daily FLL. Their current CMH-FLL is booked through the fall. I am sure it is their most popular destination.

It's not FLL (or SAN, OAK, or BUR for that matter) where I think they won't do well. It's going to be in places like BLI, GSO, RIC, and Chicopee, MA where I think that they'll run into problems. I'm sure there is a decent amount of traffic between CMH and BDL since they're both insurance centers, but what business man is going to want to fly into Chicopee (identifier??) and then drive an hour to a meeting and to top that off - they only have one flight per day.

In other news, Skybus has filed with the DOT for authority to fly CMH-CUN/NAS. I didn't know they wanted to go international so soon, but these sound like promising routes.

DOT Application

Chech the numbers a week and a half ago...Skybus was the third highest load factor out of CMH...with only 4 planes. More planes on the way means a better schedule.

How is skybus doing so far? Anyone know what their loads have been like? It looks like they have been having a hard time staying on schedule. Maybe they are still working out the kinks.

Check, Check, Check, Check

Chech the numbers a week and a half ago...Skybus was the third highest load factor out of CMH...with only 4 planes. More planes on the way means a better schedule.

Check, Check, Check, Check

Do you have a link to go with those numbers of high load factor?

The big test isn't now, but over the next 12-18 months to see how many repeat customers Skybus gets, especially buying the $100 and up fares. If they don't materialize, Skybus is toast. If a significant number show up, Skybus will thrive.

The numbers came from the airport authiroty. It was in the local news.

Do you have a link to go with those numbers of high load factor?

The big test isn't now, but over the next 12-18 months to see how many repeat customers Skybus gets, especially buying the $100 and up fares. If they don't materialize, Skybus is toast. If a significant number show up, Skybus will thrive.

The CEO said "I am asked 20 times per day" about Naples, Florida, and there are rumors that Punta Gorda will be the winner.

Naples airport has a short runway and heavy noise control rules in the surrounding neighborhoods.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sanford, St. Petersburg, Biloxi, Newbourugh, Macon and Loveland pop up on the route map, but that is just a gut feeling.