Some FA's don't know they got a pay raise.

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
I find it amazing how many FA's complain about their contract, complaining is one thing, but the loudest complainers deny or don't they got a 13% raise and then deny/don't know that AA gave them an additional 4% raise because Delta gave it's employees a 4% raise right after the FA got their contract. The way they try to explain it is they took another concession contract. 

It's sad the loudest are the least informed, probably heard it on bookface.  

DOS of signing a 13 year FA making $55.58 an hour.

https://www.apfa.org/images/jcba/122314/Section-03.pdf

There will be something in every contract someone isn't happy with, but to not know you got a pay raise, is just not informing yourself. 

Reactions: 7 people
Yep, another $1+ 1/1/16! Thank you LG! Didn't vote for ya either time, but i appreciate what you did for us!

Reactions: 3 people
bigjets said:
I find it amazing how many FA's complain about their contract, complaining is one thing, but the loudest complainers deny or don't they got a 13% raise and then deny/don't know that AA gave them an additional 4% raise because Delta gave it's employees a 4% raise right after the FA got their contract. The way they try to explain it is they took another concession contract. 

There will be something in every contract someone isn't happy with, but to not know you got a pay raise, is just not informing yourself. 

Yet so many stand up and make complete fools of themselves during crew news sessions

Reactions: 5 people
You just have to accept that there are only two things a flight attendant doesn't like:  The way things are and Change.  :lol:

Cluelessness abounds regarding what is or is not in the JCBA.  For every major plus in the contract, some f/as will counter with some minor negative.  But, as was noted above, the major source of information for these flight attendants is Facebook.  Need I say more? 

Reactions: 6 people
$56.69 in just a few days on 1/1/16.  And let's not forget overrides.  A recent month of flying #1 on Caribbean/Central American routes netted me $435 in overrides.  An additional week of vacation and lifting of the sick cap, there were lots of plusses.

My only complaint is having to wait so long for PBS and the associated changes which will take place when it is implemented.

MK

kirkpatrick said:

My only complaint is having to wait so long for PBS and the associated changes which will take place when it is implemented.

MK
Amen.  Though new to AA, PBS is not new.  I have friends at Frontier and Alaska that have used it for years now, and love it.  And, the two airlines do not uses the same PBS software.  There are at least 3 PBS software packages on the market.  We evidently purchased the "snack basket" version where the contents depend upon what day it is, in what station it is packed, and who packed it.

Reactions: 4 people
bigjets said:

Great post and 100% agree , after Bk's I'm finally where I should be. On FB it's always the same group over and over!!! They are bitching now because they want paid to go to a uniform fitting, ugh!!! Also the company now giving all employees free space aval. FC upgrades starting June 1 saying its a bribe !!! You will find these types of employees at every airline !!

Utter nonsense. Our agreement is concessionary. And those "uninformed and malcontent" flight attendants managed to rise up and remove LG from office and start a movement to engage everyone to demand the union work for us.

I'm sure Laura is real bad off. She is retired and gets to enjoy her A5 passes all the while knowing she left us MUCH better off than we were and immensely better off than our colleagues at United! Only problem is that the Bookface loudmouths aren't smart enough to realize how much better they have it because of her and we get to hear their nonsense at work. Yay us! Point of clarification, not really sure you and your friends removed Laura. Pretty sure she just decided to wash her hands of the nonsense and leave early. That's the way it looks to rational people at least. People in her position that accomplish what she did usually end up being offered way better jobs in the corporate world. I'm sure she has/will have something way better lined up for herself and her family.

It speaks volumes that Laura waltzed out of here with her arms open ready to embrace a position in the corporate world and more so that you give her kudos to do so. Lets not forget that there were enough "rational" people to vote down this agreement., An agreement that was presented to us via built points and item after item of TBD implementation. Deterioration of our work rules and increases in our insurance add up to a concessionary agreement. Yes, we did see a bump in our rates of pay but as always, the devil is in the details. 
The "NPA" was inked to ensure we were to never let an impartial 3rd party hear our grievances and deliver what would be deemed fair. To date, we are still wading through items and waiting (at the expense of working flight attendants adding up to hundreds of thousands of dollars)  for many of the upside articles to be implemented. Facebook or Bookface, yes or no, the information was out there and the message was clear form our union the collective YES vote was to be their mantra. UA is fighting a battle and has not caved in. We had an opportunity of a lifetime to make real sustainable gains in the negotiating environment we were in but we missed the boat. UA/AFA is not or has not been the only CBU to be stalled out by their employer.-its a tactic that's been used forever and a day when it benefits the company. This "Industry Leading Contract" in all its glory has all but brought APFA to the brink of it's existence via shady and inept leadership.You all continue to wear your rose colored glasses and enjoy your huge raises and improved quality of work life, all in the shadows of record profits..it must be nice where you work.

Reactions: 1 person
Some will never be happy and wear negative glasses - contracts are full of give and takes however some only want takes

http://ratemycompanyusa.com/news/where-did-american-airlines-go-wrong/

This article hit it on the head when it comes to our old ethically challenged, tone death, I got mine, executives. But this article fails to tell the whole truth when it comes to the FA's. 

Like, when they voted in contract it was industry leading, and when Delta gave it's FA's  a 4% raise, Parker just GAVE same raise to pilots, FA's, and non-union employees. NOT twu represented employees. 

Or the flight crews are the the only employees that get usage of the aircraft jumpseats for non-reving, unlike other airlines where all employees have access. Or that the executives have worked out a deal where our flight crews get to ride on other airlines for free if they have an open seat, ONLY for flight crews!

Or knowing that if the FA's voted down TA, it goes to arbitration for certain articles and that $81million gets taken off the table, but the goobers from bookface said that AA moved off of the hard 40, they will give in other stuff. Well AA didn't go back on hard 40, but did GIVE the FA's the $81 million back. Bookface know it alls said they would win in arbitration, they lost all arbitration rulings. 

the FA's that work 72hrs a month will make about $47k a year, a FA that works 40 hours a MONTH will make $26k a year with full benefits. No special license required for FA job. 

The Flight crews are definitely getting a better deal from AA then the FSC's, agents, and AMT's, I don't see many people leaving AA, but I do hear  people complaining, all the while the silent majority tolerate listening to the whiners. 

What a surprise, a "journalist" painting a narrative rather reporting the facts.

It's usually the perpetually clueless and/or the new hires that complain when I'm at work. It is refreshing when I get to deal with coworkers who reside in reality! Makes for a way better trip. I love it when the new hires complain about the pay and working conditions. Like we didn't go through the same thing. Life isn't fair sometimes and yet, they still show up for work and don't quit! Must not be that bad. My favorite excuse from new hires is "they didn't explain the job." Yet, isn't it the responsibility of the interviewee to ask relevant questions pretaining to your major life decision like accepting a new job? They are very quick to push the blame onto others. Maybe we should give them all a participation trophy just for showing up!

Reactions: 1 person

Latest posts