Some FA's don't know they got a pay raise.

AC AA LA FA said:
We had an opportunity of a lifetime to make real sustainable gains in the negotiating environment we were in but we missed the boat. 

Website is acting up, this is my response:  Well, you keep telling yourself that little fairy tale and take great comfort in it.  When deep down inside (assuming you have the least thread of intelligence) you know as well as I do that if we had dug in our heels and said no enough times, the company would not have caved, they would have dropped an LBFO on the table (that was good enough that no arbitrator would have found fault with it), and said like last time, "take it or leave it, we don't care."  And, the scared older fas who haven't saved a dime toward retirement, but are able to do major shopping when they are in Paris, and that are already looking at a frozen pension, and not much else,  would vote YES.  And, it WOULD have been concessionary.  And the company would laugh all the way to the bank

Reactions: 3 people
IORFA said:
It's usually the perpetually clueless and/or the new hires that complain when I'm at work. It is refreshing when I get to deal with coworkers who reside in reality! Makes for a way better trip. I love it when the new hires complain about the pay and working conditions. Like we didn't go through the same thing. Life isn't fair sometimes and yet, they still show up for work and don't quit! Must not be that bad. My favorite excuse from new hires is "they didn't explain the job." Yet, isn't it the responsibility of the interviewee to ask relevant questions pretaining to your major life decision like accepting a new job? They are very quick to push the blame onto others. Maybe we should give them all a participation trophy just for showing up!
How many F/A applications does AA have on file? Isn't there like hundreds of thousands that want the job?

Reactions: 1 person
Worldport said:
How many F/A applications does AA have on file? Isn't there like hundreds of thousands that want the job?
Too many to count! Definitely no shortage of people who want the job. The vast majority don't know what the job entails, like they're supposed to be nice to the customers. Nor do they understand the way we are paid. They just see the long ago glamour of the job.

They think they want the job, but the job as explained to them by Hollywood movies and TV shows, is not the job they're going to get.  I still have passengers who think I can pick up the intercom phone, call reservations, and change their flight plans for them because we are running late.  Our new hires think that in a seniority-controlled world they get to pick first on the good trips.  In November, I flew with a not so new hire (she has over a year now).  She told me she would be on reserve in December.  She then announced to me that "until they give me a Hong Kong trip, I'm just going to call in sick for anything else they assign me."  Hong Kong goes so senior, just reading the crew list seniority will give you nosebleed.  :lol:

And, to be fair, no they were not told when they were hired or during training that there would be 13 hour days followed by 10 hour layovers with a shuttle pick-up time the next morning at 0345.  I wasn't either, and I'm still upset about it.   :angry2:   I was told there would be layovers in London, Paris, and Rome.  I was NOT told that was New London, CT, Paris, TX, and Rome, GA.

Reactions: 5 people
jimntx said:
They think they want the job, but the job as explained to them by Hollywood movies and TV shows, is not the job they're going to get.  I still have passengers who think I can pick up the intercom phone, call reservations, and change their flight plans for them because we are running late.  Our new hires think that in a seniority-controlled world they get to pick first on the good trips.  In November, I flew with a not so new hire (she has over a year now).  She told me she would be on reserve in December.  She then announced to me that "until they give me a Hong Kong trip, I'm just going to call in sick for anything else they assign me."  Hong Kong goes so senior, just reading the crew list seniority will give you nosebleed.   :lol:

And, to be fair, no they were not told when they were hired or during training that there would be 13 hour days followed by 10 hour layovers with a shuttle pick-up time the next morning at 0345.  I wasn't either, and I'm still upset about it.   :angry2:   I was told there would be layovers in London, Paris, and Rome.  I was NOT told that was New London, CT, Paris, TX, and Rome, GA.
Would you say there is a high attrition rate? You are right the public does have the wrong idea of all airline jobs. I usually tell them they are better off we they are even if I'm talking to a server in a cafeteria.

High attrition? HA, no!!! No one leaves. Easier to stay, ***** and moan and make our lives miserable.

IORFA said:
Yep, another $1+ 1/1/16! Thank you LG! Didn't vote for ya either time, but i appreciate what you did for us!
From a YES voter its strange to hear all the NO voter LG supporters kissing some major ass.

It doesn't add up.

Old school APFA needs to go.

No more bribes as some candidates have stated and thank goodness LG left before she was voted out by a wide margin.

Change in how you do business needs to happen.

Native Americans better start reading up on our unique PBS system
courtesy LG.

Question : Was this contract ever voted in?

Sounds like there are no benefits from the new contract - maybe the FA's should start from scratch

IORFA said:
PBS system came from USAirways and Mike Flores. Blame him if you don't like it!
On LG's watch. You too will be a victim of LG's indifference.

Keep being a LG cheerleader. You won't be by 2016.

Hope she enjoys unlimited first class travel for life.

How can a NO voter be a LG minion?

Reactions: 2 people
IORFA said:
Yep, another $1+ 1/1/16! Thank you LG! Didn't vote for ya either time, but i appreciate what you did for us!
Being a NO voter and seemingly close to the old regime maybe you can tell me if this is an imposed contract since it wasn't voted in.

Being that I was a Yes voter I'm aware of the the only choice I had.

Was this unilaterally accepted by LG against your wishes as a NO voter?

IORFA said:
High attrition? HA, no!!! No one leaves. Easier to stay, #### and moan and make our lives miserable.
Actually, I heard from a friend of mine who is a purser from the US Airways side of the house that the new hire attrition rate is pretty high on their side for the reasons I stated above.  They seem to feel that the job was misrepresented to them.  They don't seem to be clear on who misrepresented the job to them, but nevertheless...they are very clear that the job was misrepresented.   :lol:  I'm guessing they didn't read the Facebook narrative as to how miserable this job is.

Personally, I enjoy the job and I'm good at it.  But, then I am living breathing confirmation of the adage..."if you don't like what you are doing, for god's sake go find something you do enjoy.  Don't take out your misery on your customers and your coworkers."   The 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution has not been repealed.  No one is forcing you to remain with American Airlines.  Please take your misery and go somewhere else.

What's that?  You don't like having to go to work every day?  You prefer not to go to the same place every day at the same time every day to work with the same people every day?  Yet, $55/hr is not enough recompense to do what any high school graduate with half a brain could do?  Being a flight attendant is not a hard job.  It does not require a background in rocket science.  Granted it is a tiring job, but it is not a hard job.  Get over yourself.

I'm on my 5th career (that I'll admit to :lol:).  I worked in a job until I didn't enjoy it anymore or it got boring or it changed in a substantial way, and then I went and got another job that I DID enjoy.

Reactions: 7 people
>>PBS system came from USAirways and Mike Flores.  Blame him if you don't like it!<<

IORFA, I know you're a reasonable person and I'm not ragging on you; just using your post to tag on here.

PBS was a foregone conclusion.  It was included in the 1113, the LBFO, the Bridge agreement and the ultimate JCBA.  There was no way anyone was going to stop it.  Once the kinks are worked out I think people will like it here, too.

As for all the Laura bashing, the binding arbitration seems to be what everyone is so angry at, but look at UA/CO - nine years and still no Joint Contract.  We'd be in the same boat if we hadn't agreed to the binding arb.  It would take years before we would have seen a final contract.  The JCBA may not be perfect but the pay is good, there were many work rule improvements and I think we're much better off with this than bickering with the company for another five years or so.

Live with it.

MK

Reactions: 4 people
kirkpatrick said:
>>PBS system came from USAirways and Mike Flores.  Blame him if you don't like it!<<

IORFA, I know you're a reasonable person and I'm not ragging on you; just using your post to tag on here.

PBS was a foregone conclusion.  It was included in the 1113, the LBFO, the Bridge agreement and the ultimate JCBA.  There was no way anyone was going to stop it.  Once the kinks are worked out I think people will like it here, too.

As for all the Laura bashing, the binding arbitration seems to be what everyone is so angry at, but look at UA/CO - nine years and still no Joint Contract.  We'd be in the same boat if we hadn't agreed to the binding arb.  It would take years before we would have seen a final contract.  The JCBA may not be perfect but the pay is good, there were many work rule improvements and I think we're much better off with this than bickering with the company for another five years or so.

Live with it.

MK
The mechanics had no binding arbitration, and we don't start negotiations until next month where the FAs have been enjoying their pay raise for over a year, where the twu is still under BK contract, which is worse then 2003 contract.

Not to mention when AA just GAVE the flight attendants a 4% raise which WASN'T part of the APFA contract. just so the FAs know the mechanics and FSCs did NOT get that raise. LG makes the call to Doug and boom the FAs get an unscheduled raise, the twu says what about raise for us, Doug's response, raise only for non Union and unions with contracts.