Something Evil, This Way Comes

diogenes

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
I believe the unions place too much faith in 'bargaining in good faith'.

It is patently clear the company has not done so - that is a reality.

It is also clear the till is approaching empty - that is also reality. I have no doubt that the company, with deliberate malice and aforethought, brought that about.

Be that as it may, that last reality puts not only the unions, but the judge, between a rock and a hard place. Force the company towards good faith, and I believe they'd just as soon liquidate - "we will cut costs, WITH OR WITHOUT labor agreements." That, my friends, is the strategy in a nutshell. And I believe the judge will grant concessions, temporary and permanent, rather than have 'liquidation' on his resume (although if the Hoover wing of the Republican party continues to prevail, that make likely be a badge of honor <_< ).

Do you really think the company will back down?

On the other hand, the unions have not done such a keen job building inter- or intra-member solidarity. I don't think they have the membership support (and oh, how I wish they did!) OR the stones to play hardball, like the company is doing. The recent self-immolation at ALPA would be case 1 in point.

I am not saying, give the company whatever it wants. I am saying they are going to take it, one way or the other, and all of the consentual agreements and 1113 letters would not have changed that.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.

One last thing. For those who don't think politics matter, Gore would NOT have used the ATSB as a straw horse against labor, and management would NOT have had the free hand to do any damthing they please.

Election Day is right around the corner - who wants a second serving of the past 4 years?

Not I...a vote for Bush/Cheney is a vote for the end of orginized labor. It will also welcome in the final nail in the coffin of what most Americans have worked for,( thier future). No Pensions, no heath care . Four more years of this bunch of thieves and liars, and we will be the next Third World country.

WNWFF,

Get a grip. Bush/Cheney had nothing to do with this at all. It's market forces and nothing more. That's the problem with organizied labor. They've not been willing to change and adapt to the new realities of the marketplace and now they're reaping the harvest of their poor leadership in aces right now. If you're going to blame anyone start at the union hall.

:down: AHH YEAH THEY DID!! EVERY TIME A REPUBLICAN IS IN THE WHITE HOUSE AIRLINES HAVE LOST MONEY AND WE HAVE TAKEN PAYCUTS!! LETS END IT IN NOV..BUSH/CHENEY TWO A@@## OF EVIL!! :down:

Sorry, but airlines have always lost money. TWA went belly up during Clinton. Air South, Valujet, Vanguard, WesternPacific all disappeared during the reign of the Impeached President.

Of course, Southwest, AirTran, Frontier and jetBlue have made money in 2001 2002 and 2003. I guess thats an aberration, right?

Of course, I thought that the Republicans were coddling big corporations. So, now you're saying that make the airlines lose money?

Make up your mind as to which conspiracy you want to try and try again.

Inseratatin of .02.

ANd the PREVIOUS ADMINISTARATION OF 8 YEARS didn't have a damn thing to DO WITH ANYTHING!!?

GET REAL>>>

willnotworkforfree said:
Not I...a vote for Bush/Cheney is a vote for the end of orginized labor. It will also welcome in the final nail in the coffin of what most Americans have worked for,( thier future). No Pensions, no heath care . Four more years of this bunch of thieves and liars, and we will be the next Third World country.
[post="183526"][/post]​
i fully agree with this statement. anyone who votes bush cheny needs to have their heads examined because if we get four more yrs of those two then we can say goodby to our healthcare because usair will certainly bring it down to that point i believe! they are using the atsb loan because the loan company didnt want to cost bush his election that way but then of course it could also be the florida supreme court could say the bush victory. remember 2000!!!

" they are using the atsb loan because the loan company didnt want to cost bush his election that way but then of course it could also be the florida supreme court could say the bush victory. remember 2000!!!"

WTF does this mean??? English, please. English.

The evil in this company is not coming from the government.The GREED has been inbred for years.Golden Parachutes are the first thing set up when you hire up at the top of US mgmt.Stupidity is rewarded an example: Business Select, total POC and the moron whos idea it was , was rewarded> I think he's finally gone but too late for us.
You can't blame this on who's in power.Plus you people would rather see Flipper in there. He could'nt decide on a katshup label. He's more for outsourcing. He pretty much to us where to go.How many of his companies are actually out of this country. :down:

ktflyhome said:
All I can say is that it would be PRETTY scarry to have Taaayreeessaaaa Heinz Kerry as First Lady. :shock: :eek:
[post="183990"][/post]​

Funny, a lot of people once felt the same way about Nancy Reagan, yet she proved them wrong.

I'm not sure what Mrs. Kerry did to evoke this reaction but judging a candidate by their spouse might not be the best plan for making an informed choice.

I already judged Kerry, long before his spouse showed her face to the public.

Nancy Reagan and Mrs. Kerry are world's apart in MOHO. Frankly, I never cared much for Nancy Reagen while her husband was in office. I wasn't a Reagen fan. But I do respect the honor she bestowed upon her husband.

PHLfa88 said:
:down: AHH YEAH THEY DID!! EVERY TIME A REPUBLICAN IS IN THE WHITE HOUSE AIRLINES HAVE LOST MONEY AND WE HAVE TAKEN PAYCUTS!! LETS END IT IN NOV..BUSH/CHENEY TWO A@@## OF EVIL!! :down:
[post="183530"][/post]​

Quit blaming politicians and government for the failed practices of your union. Your statment is flat out wrong and makes no sense unless of course it's said at a union meeting then it would make perfect sense to the senseless.

robbedagain said:
i fully agree with this statement. anyone who votes bush cheny needs to have their heads examined because if we get four more yrs of those two then we can say goodby to our healthcare because usair will certainly bring it down to that point i believe! they are using the atsb loan because the loan company didnt want to cost bush his election that way but then of course it could also be the florida supreme court could say the bush victory. remember 2000!!!
[post="183564"][/post]​

Do you even think before you post?? Never mind...I think I've got that questioned answered on my own.