Special Color Scheme for new US A330-243 jet

That is the new paint job or lack of it. Tempe has to save weight for the new crew rest bunks.
:rolleyes:

I'm not an armchair aircraft manufacturer but If I'm not mistaken the tail is made up of different material from the fuselage. That tail is no different than the A330 flying with US today. It is simply not finished. That white will be filled in with the "swoosh" gray with the standard white flag. Soon enough you'll see the college intern scheme we've adopted with the quasi HP heat waves now known as the "swoosh" on the side of that bird. Like it or not the swoosh and generic/rip off scheme is here to stay. :rolleyes: Tel Aviv here we come..... I think. :lol:

We have so many theme planes , maybe we should think about doing one more ?

We could call it the customer service plane ....

We leave the paint job AS IS ... and on both sides of the plane we write in large bold face type &#@% YOU !

:lol:

I'm curious why it would be flying when only parts of it were painted. Why not take it into the paint shop once and get it all done?

Is there a ferry date yet for when it makes landfall in the US? Will it go to PHL, CLT or somewhere else first?

I'm curious why it would be flying when only parts of it were painted. Why not take it into the paint shop once and get it all done?

I believe the intention is that it flies correctly as intended while doing test flights, before they put lipstick on a pig.

You guys should really educate yourselves on the process of constructing a brand new aircraft.

There are stages of development, multiple flight tests, and of course the multiple stages of painting involved before an aircraft is delivered to an airline. The tail is no where near finished - multiple colors on aircraft are painted in layers and just like a body shop the secondary paint areas are covered while the base is laid.

Flight test happen BEFORE a plane is painted for delivery as it simply adds unneeded weight and extra fuel burn the manufacturer has no need to absorb. Plus which if something is wrong and requires new parts or reassembly then it makes sense not to have to paint the same plane twice.

Aircraft paint is EXPENSIVE :) Not like they can run down to Home Depot for a couple of cans of Behr's for a touchup! :)

<SNIP> You guys should really educate yourselves on the process of constructing a brand new aircraft.
I get where the multiple hues of zinc chromate are not the final finish, my only comment was that what appears to be the final finish on the tail make it a Zebra Butt.

Flight test happen BEFORE a plane is painted for delivery as it simply adds unneeded weight and extra fuel burn the manufacturer has no need to absorb.
Hey, that could be a cost savings for the whole fleet! Are you listening Tempe? That zinc chromate is green like money!

Haven't we already established that painting is done in stages? The tail looks odd because the swoosh gray isn't filled in yet. What is the big deal? I think we all know that the aircraft will look exactly like the rest of the fleet.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, that will make people wonder what third world country you're from! Where do they paint them? In the ghetto, hood, or trailer park? There's an AirTrash wannabe if I ever saw one!!!

:down:

Back