SWA Backgound check

Jan 2, 2009
I have a question on the background check they do how in depth is it because i have two minor charges that were dissmissed with a.c.o.d.s so my question is do you think they will find them i read the requirements and i meet them so is it something to worry about

I have a question on the background check they do how in depth is it because i have two minor charges that were dissmissed with a.c.o.d.s so my question is do you think they will find them i read the requirements and i meet them so is it something to worry about

The background check is fairly in depth. Main concerns would be felony convictions, federal crimes, and open traffic tickets with emphasis on open DUI cases within the last seven years. If you have any cases open and in court(including traffic issues) make sure you discuss the matter with the recruiter at job fair...

so pretty much i have nothing to worry about i dont have anything open right now and both charges were dismissed so ill be fine then and i also had another question how long have you been doing the position of ramp agent in las vegas and what type of questions did the recruiter ask you at the interview

so pretty much i have nothing to worry about i dont have anything open right now and both charges were dismissed so ill be fine then and i also had another question how long have you been doing the position of ramp agent in las vegas and what type of questions did the recruiter ask you at the interview

I was on the ramp in LAS for 7 years and have since transferred to PDX ramp. While I was in vegas i was on the interview team. Here is what you need to know. 1. Know the history of Southwest Airlines. 2. While in the group interview don't be a fly on the wall. Show your personality and dress sharp. 3. During the group interview you will be asked a situational question about your prior work experience. example: While working what is the hardest thing you have done and had the most satisfaction. 4. The next step in the process is the 1 on 1 interview. If I were you I would be prepared to do it the same day as your group. Again you will be asked a series of situational questions. Bring your A game. Answer honestly and concisely. GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 1 person
Keep in mind that the severity and extent of background checks is determined by the Federal government as much as by the individual airline today. Since 9/11, the Feds have increased the list of "crimes" that will disqualify you from working in an airport restricted area.

Be honest. Even if you were arrested, but the charges dismissed, there is still a record of the arrest and the original charge. If the question says "have you ever been convicted of...", it sounds like you can truthfully answer no. But, if the question says "have you ever been arrested or charged with...", answer truthfully that you were arrested, but the charges dropped.

If it is an issue, the airline will pursue it further, but I doubt it. Good Luck! Southwest is a wonderful company to work for. I have several friends here in Dallas who are employed with Southwest, and I have never heard one of them even do normal day to day griping about their job or the company they work for.

Currently it's 10 and 5 years on the BG check. Criminal and driving. If nothing has happened within the last 10 years criminally, and 5 years driving, your good. However, if you have something that is remaining a permanent record I would divulge it. Good luck brother. Everyone deserves a second chance...

Dude stop. Too much info. Let it go. These sites are monitored. Trust me I know.

I also have a question about the background checking process when they said driving record do they count speeding tickets and headlight out and failing to Signal when turning? Or is it something major like dui?