SWA dispatchers arbitration.

What are everyones thoughts on the dispatchers arbitration???

I'm starting to wonder if we can't get a better deal thru arbitration. As it stands now, our senior mechanics get nothing with the current 4 year bump. Our junior mechanics lose seniority and a few gain seniority. All AT mechanics gain BIG.

I'm starting to wonder if we can't get a better deal thru arbitration. As it stands now, our senior mechanics get nothing with the current 4 year bump. Our junior mechanics lose seniority and a few gain seniority. All AT mechanics gain BIG.

Since SWA AMFA has a 6 year B' Scale, wouldn't the bump of 4 years move the lower guys up the pay scale quite a bit?
B) xUT

Since SWA AMFA has a 6 year B' Scale, wouldn't the bump of 4 years move the lower guys up the pay scale quite a bit?
B) xUT

The time it takes to top out hasn't changed AFAIK. If that were true, yes it would be a gain for the junior mechanics.

B) xUT

Wait,.. Are you telling me that these "boosts" being given to the Southwest employees are also for the purposes of pay? I was under the impression that the seniority boosts were only applied for the purposes of bidding and possibly overtime. So with this 4 year boost, the Southwest mechanics will move 4 places up on the pay scale?

Shoot,.. that paints things is a different light altogether if that's the case.

B) xUT

just to clarify, SWA MX has no A/B scale. there is one scale 0 years to top out.

From the dispatchers arbitration.

Arbitrators opinion:
The record is abundantly clear that the Air-tran dispatchers, upon becoming Southwest dispatchers, will be able to enjoymany benefits not now available to them, benefits that greatly enhance what they receive with Air-tran. Additionally the Air-tran dispatchers, besides getting a windfall (thats right folks, he said windfall) with pay and benefits, will also have the added benefit of joining a well established , financially solid company where greater oppurtunities will be afforded.

In turn, it must then be asked, what do the Southwest dispatchers gain out of this merger with Air-tran. These Dispatchers have established there careers with Southwest and have established themselves on the Southwest roster by seniority. Absent a bump in seniority , as requested by 550, they gain nothing versus the Air-tran dispatchers , with this merger. (thats right folks he said , they gain nothing)

oh sorry 48 shows the current 5 year top out scale, no a/b though, only a single mech scale?

page 48 of your contract or page 49 of the pdf.
Article 15, Wage Rates

well technically there is a a/b/c scale depending on how you look at it. Lead inspectors, inspectors and lead mechanics, and mechanics. But there is only one mechanic "scale" 5 year top out.

oh sorry 48 shows the current 5 year top out scale, no a/b though, only a single mech scale?

No Problem, no one is perfect, most of all me. :p

IIRC at one time SWA M&R had one scale of 0 years (that would be A scale), now you have a progression of 6 years (Thereafter reads 6th year to me) that would be B scale, but that's not important.

SWA has been hiring mechanics over the last 6 years and I was wondering if the 4 year seniority boost would, in fact, give them a boost in pay as well.

Take Care,
B) xUT
------
Sorry for the thread drift.

---- edited by me ---

No Problem, no one is perfect, most of all me. :p

IIRC at one time SWA M&R had one scale of 0 years (that would be A scale), now you have a progression of 6 years (Thereafter reads 6th year to me) that would be B scale, but that's not important.

SWA has been hiring mechanics over the last 6 years and I was wondering if the 4 year seniority boost would, in fact, give them a boost in pay as well.

Take Care,
B) xUT
------
Sorry for the thread drift.

---- edited by me ---

Thats a real good question, one would think its a category seniority boost for bidding, and you would still need 5 years of actual company seniority to top out? And on the other hand a 5 year AT guy would be topped out in pay but would relinquish 4 years for bidding seniority? road show to come , i will address this with the sli group.

I thought you were refering to something like what I have heard AA had at one time with two completely different mechanic pay scales, hence A scale mechs, and B scale mechs made different top outs? anyway maybe we do have an "A/B" scale in some method of the term , just not my definition. All SWA mechs make the same amount based on years seniority.

Back