SWA dispatchers arbitration.

I thought you were refering to something like what I have heard AA had at one time with two completely different mechanic pay scales, hence A scale mechs, and B scale mechs made different top outs? anyway maybe we do have an "A/B" scale in some method of the term , just not my definition. All SWA mechs make the same amount based on years seniority.
My interpretation came from my UAL roots. AA pretty much did the same thing IMHO.
Like I stated, it's not really important.

Take Care,
B) xUT

Don't mean to thread stomp here, but everything covered in a CBA is usually based on date of classification, or DOC. You wouldn't have a ramper of 10 years DOH, get his A&P, sucessfully bid a SWA mech position and automatically be topped out with 10 years of shift bidding rights. He would be day 1 on the payscale and shift bid. And this T/A is a permanent 4 year bump of DOC for SWA mechs, agreed by both SWA and AMFA, so they would have to abide by the CBA and top out the junior guy that surpasses the 5 year mark.. At lease, if I were the union and union rep, that's how I would read it and fight for it.

Just to reiterate, per the TA, the 4 year bump is a modification of the date of classification, not date of hire, otherwise AMFA and SWA would have to create another tier in the seniority list, similar to the RSD of the last TA. On this TA, there's no added tiers, just a modification. So a junior man of 1 year would jump to 5 years bidding and pay. Same goes for the longevity guys..That's my interpretation of how the TA is written.

Don't mean to thread stomp here, but everything covered in a CBA is usually based on date of classification, or DOC. You wouldn't have a ramper of 10 years DOH, get his A&P, sucessfully bid a SWA mech position and automatically be topped out with 10 years of shift bidding rights. He would be day 1 on the payscale and shift bid. And this T/A is a permanent 4 year bump of DOC for SWA mechs, agreed by both SWA and AMFA, so they would have to abide by the CBA and top out the junior guy that surpasses the 5 year mark.. At lease, if I were the union and union rep, that's how I would read it and fight for it.

Just to reiterate, per the TA, the 4 year bump is a modification of the date of classification, not date of hire, otherwise AMFA and SWA would have to create another tier in the seniority list, similar to the RSD of the last TA. On this TA, there's no added tiers, just a modification. So a junior man of 1 year would jump to 5 years bidding and pay. Same goes for the longevity guys..That's my interpretation of how the TA is written.

Dont believe so, think the bump is for bidding purposes, and the concensus among the junior mechs is the same, although they did say that would be nice.... But reality is you have to WORK 5 years to receive top out, IMHO.

Dont believe so, think the bump is for bidding purposes, and the concensus among the junior mechs is the same, although they did say that would be nice.... But reality is you have to WORK 5 years to receive top out, IMHO.

Then they would have to make a separate tier in the seniority list, like RSD... And the T/A specifically says a modification in classification date for SWA mechanics. I'd clarify that with your reps because per the AMFA contract, bidding and pay are based off your date of classification and that's what you're modifying, your DOC... This is pretty important, even for senior mechanics looking for longevity pay.

Not sure if someone is THREAD STOMPING or just info STOMPING,, no one at SWA jumps in bidding and PAY,, it's bidding purposes only and maybe just maybe those dedicated SWA employees can hang on to the shift/schedule they have worked so hard to get,,

Not one will be receiving $30,000 bonus in 2013 and every year after,,

Then they would have to make a separate tier in the seniority list, like RSD... And the T/A specifically says a modification in classification date for SWA mechanics. I'd clarify that with your reps because per the AMFA contract, bidding and pay are based off your date of classification and that's what you're modifying, your DOC... This is pretty important, even for senior mechanics looking for longevity pay.

well longevitiy stops at 12 years anyway so that doesnt really matter for the senior guys... I will clarify with my rep. who is on the sli committee.

buscador, I agree. Although it would be nice, very nice for the junior guys under 5 to get immediate top out , the concensus is no. Avtech is pretty biased , and not the most informed sometimes... However im not saying he is wrong, I think he is and will clarify.

the bump WILL NOT AFFECT PAY. Payroll uses its own number based on actual time, bidding is a different department , using the seniority list for its placement. The two are tracked seperately.

there is NO WAY the company would have agreed to '"boost" everyone under top out , up to top out and effectively give them all a multi year bonus. PERIOD.

buscador, I agree. Although it would be nice, very nice for the junior guys under 5 to get immediate top out , the concensus is no. Avtech is pretty biased , and not the most informed sometimes... However im not saying he is wrong, I think he is and will clarify.

After 8 months of chatter back and forth I find it almost an impossible point to be so grossly mis construed, the whole point of why date of hire was absurd is that WE at swa got nothing but a fight to hold some seniority!! Not one penny compensation PERIOD..

SO this late in the game for avtech or anyone at AT to still not see this,, WOw,, it's beyond belief ,,their demands of DOH and An incredible compensation package BOTH ..It's the deepest cut and the cut that opened the deepest wound for every Swa employee,, At least u guys are at +4 boost ,, good job not crumbling,, hats off to the SWA mechs

After 8 months of chatter back and forth I find it almost an impossible point to be so grossly mis construed, the whole point of why date of hire was absurd is that WE at swa got nothing but a fight to hold some seniority!! Not one penny compensation PERIOD..

SO this late in the game for avtech or anyone at AT to still not see this,, WOw,, it's beyond belief ,,their demands of DOH and An incredible compensation package BOTH ..It's the deepest cut and the cut that opened the deepest wound for every Swa employee,, At least u guys are at +4 boost ,, good job not crumbling,, hats off to the SWA mechs

and to the dispatchers as well! And thankl god for a non biased arbitrator who could break it down on paper for others to understand.....

Cmon guys. Where have you guys been. We have stated from the get go that the enhancement of the SWA mechs seniority has to do with placement on the seniority list only, nothing at all to do with pay. In other words, a 1 yr SWA mech getting the 4 yrs takes him to 5 yrs. He remains at the 1 yr pay scale. He is only considered a 5 yr employee during the bidding process, nothing with pay, raises, long ect... It also has nothing to do with vacation acrual. For ex; a 15 yr mech goes to 19 yrs. he will still recieve the 4 wks of vac and not jump to the 5 wks do to the enhamcement boost.

Cmon guys. Where have you guys been. We have stated from the get go that the enhancement of the SWA mechs seniority has to do with placement on the seniority list only, nothing at all to do with pay. In other words, a 1 yr SWA mech getting the 4 yrs takes him to 5 yrs. He remains at the 1 yr pay scale. He is only considered a 5 yr employee during the bidding process, nothing with pay, raises, long ect... It also has nothing to do with vacation acrual. For ex; a 15 yr mech goes to 19 yrs. he will still recieve the 4 wks of vac and not jump to the 5 wks do to the enhamcement boost.

Oh crap this changes everything for me.... If im not getting that 5th week of vac. Im a no. LOFL, just joking, I fully understand the concept as I believe the rest of my SWA brothers do, so far its been ex UA and AT guys who are a little mixed up....

Hey it's not us ,, it's avtech that said a 1 year guy goes to 5 for bidding and pay,, we of course at SWA KNEW that we would never see a penny from this BUYOUT,, but through ignorance or an attempt to stir the pot he decided to say it!!

So we here we are 8 months later w u guys on the brink of what most feel is a somewhat FAIR deal and the jabs keep coming, cause no one who has read more than one or two posts would of missed that POINT!!

Yet the most vocal AT mech who has been spoting for 8 months seems to have missed that exact point,, looks like one of his passive-aggressive moves ,, or just a completely uneccesary jab at best,,

Read his post , his words then explain it,, again congrats guys for hanging in there and fighting the good fight

Hey it's not us ,, it's avtech that said a 1 year guy goes to 5 for bidding and pay,, we of course at SWA KNEW that we would never see a penny from this BUYOUT,, but through ignorance or an attempt to stir the pot he decided to say it!!

So we here we are 8 months later w u guys on the brink of what most feel is a somewhat FAIR deal and the jabs keep coming, cause no one who has read more than one or two posts would of missed that POINT!!

Yet the most vocal AT mech who has been spouting mostly delusions inside of his many truths ,, for 8 months now seems to have missed that exact point,, looks like one of his passive-aggressive moves ,, or just a completely uneccesary jab at best,,

Read his post , his words not mine,, read it then try explain it,, again congrats guys for hanging in there and fighting the good fight and hopefully u win what IS rightfully yours,, a schedule u are used too

Back