SWA FA Vote yes to Overwater flying and Near International

I would bet the same. Take away all the FL flights to SJU and bombard it with SWA flights. Give JetBlue a good run for their money!

Currently there are 24 737-800's on the property and by the end of the year a total of 33, with just 5 of those ac not ETOPS. SWA could get into the SJU game for the holidays and make a MINT. With service out of BWI, ATL, TPA and FLL it would be a money maker I would think.

Currently there are 24 737-800's on the property and by the end of the year a total of 33, with just 5 of those ac not ETOPS. SWA could get into the SJU game for the holidays and make a MINT. With service out of BWI, ATL, TPA and FLL it would be a money maker I would think.
Are you sure they will be ETOPS Certified?

Just because the plane is ETOPS capable doesn't mean that SWA is ETOPS certified. And remember the SWA mechanics that work said aircraft need to be ETOPS certified. And just so we are clear when I say SWA mechanics I also mean the former AT now SWA mechanics. So remember before you start counting your money from trips to SJU there is more to it than just flying the plane.

None of the AT A/C are ETOPS, so why would SWA need ETOPS A/C to make a run on SJU?? Only difference I've seen in the AT to SWA -700's are life rafts and HF but AT was already flying to SJU prior to us installing them. What i'm getting at is, I don't see any reason why SWA can't just start service to SJU replacing the AT service already there from ATL, MCO, BWI and TPA. The no bags fee and lower fare will surely turn a profit with 143 seats to sell! JetBlue won't stand a chance in SJU, even though they are backed by the local government. And reagadless of the near international vote, SJU is on American soil so they could've been doing this forever ago!! I honestly don't understand their mindset, but they turn a profit every quarter so who am I to question it...

so everyone is happy that this was a YES vote, Sweet,, so when the company rips away the 4th shift from the mechs and outsources everything they can we should all be happy as well. I applaud the efforts of the company to outsource and take away the jobs of SWA people be they AT or SWA, because isnt saving money the most important thing...GOOOO Equador or where ever the cheapest prices are...

so everyone is happy that this was a YES vote, Sweet,, so when the company rips away the 4th shift from the mechs and outsources everything they can we should all be happy as well. I applaud the efforts of the company to outsource and take away the jobs of SWA people be they AT or SWA, because isnt saving money the most important thing...GOOOO Equador or where ever the cheapest prices are...

You make no sense...

SJU doesn't require ETOPS, just EOW. As far as our ETOPS cert, are all of the parts we are putting on the -800s approved for ETOPS? I would hope they are...

The -800s are coming from Boeing with all ETOPS equipment on board. The only thing missing is the company and mechanic certifications.

The only thing holding us back from SJU now is the current res system which can't handle int'l selling. As soon as that's in place and running for int'l flying for SWA, the gates will be open to sell tickets outside of CONUS. Woot!

The only thing holding us back from SJU now is the current res system which can't handle int'l selling. As soon as that's in place and running for int'l flying for SWA, the gates will be open to sell tickets outside of CONUS. Woot!

So SJU is considered to be an international destination??

SJU and HNL are not International destinations, they do not require you to have a passport. I don't have access to TIMATIC anymore but I know from memory that both SJU and HNL does not require Customs and Immigration's inspections upon return to the US.

I love google, I googled Islands that require passport and found the following: So I guess TIMATIC is not needed anymore:

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative went into full effect in 2009, putting new regulations into place for Americans traveling to and from Canada, Mexico and 17 Caribbean nations

Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Jamaica, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, and the Turks and Caicos.

Latest posts

Back